Hacking Rock band 2 DLC tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the pc download version more safe that downloading it directly from the Nintendo server's through your Wii?

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe. I think so, you only have your ip exposed. Not your ip, mac address, and console id, etc.
There may be a new link up in a day or two that will allow you to skip the downloading from NUS step
altogether. If you're worried just wait a bit. the420 was doing this but had issues with upload limits
or something. The idea is to have the files that would be downloaded from the NUS servers in a .rar
package that you could just unrar and then run the steps from my guide starting with decrypting.

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it odd that it needs your console ID before you can download directly from the server, if that is the case; then I might as well just download directly to their servers from my Wii.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward for a new method that won't require us to connect directly to their servers, ex. third party host.

I'm sure someone out there has the entire catalog on their PC >.>

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
honeypa said:
I find it odd that it needs your console ID before you can download directly from the server, if that is the case; then I might as well just download directly to their servers from my Wii.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward for a new method that won't require us to connect directly to their servers, ex. third party host.

I'm sure someone out there has the entire catalog on their PC >.>
It doesnt need you Console ID to download from the servers, only afterwards when you're decrypting the files.

Im sure the guys from RawkSD are really pleased that their IOS37 installer is being used by people for free DLC's!!

L_E

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
L_E said:
I got everything to work perfect, but, after downloading a few songs, i can't download anymore.

I download a song that's already "Purchased", and it goes thru the whole process of downloading and moving to the SD card. Where it's done though, it still only says "Purchased" and i can't play the song. It's as if i never downloaded it at all. Why is that?

Have you checked with the RB2 DLC manager to see if the song is on your SD card?
Are you sure you have enough available memory to download the song?

I deleted everything, and started over and it worked. Sweet. I have 175+ songs now (Official DLC and RB1).
biggrin.gif

Roy911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, I'm terribly sorry I trolled you. After much reflection over the past two days, I've decided that RocksD is actually full of lamers, can someone help me install this awesome DLC hax please? I don't understand the difference between "Generation 1" and "Generation 2" content, are there new features in Generation 2? Also, I've heard that's there's a Generation 3 coming out, can someone please give me a release date or something?

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roy911 said:
Alright guys, I'm terribly sorry I trolled you. After much reflection over the past two days, I've decided that RocksD is actually full of lamers, can someone help me install this awesome DLC hax please? I don't understand the difference between "Generation 1" and "Generation 2" content, are there new features in Generation 2? Also, I've heard that's there's a Generation 3 coming out, can someone please give me a release date or something?

Sure mate.

Generation 1 is the generation that can stand on their own 2 feet and act mature. Usually to be found with good-looking females, loads of good friends and a career with lots of opportunities

Generation 2 is the generation that acts childish, start to write all kinds of crap over the internet with so called l33t language and are most likely to not have any friends or whatsoever, cause they are generally irritating people no one wants to hang out with. They usually die virgin.

As for generation 3, I can only imagine what it will be like and hope it never shows up.

In your case, I think you're entirely up-to-date when it comes to generation 2. Hope it helped!

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has the "author" (seeing as he didn't actually write the tools) figured out how to fakesign the sZCE generation 3 as well? Seems like a bit of a stumbling block at this point. Guess we'll see next week.

ILikeBacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright i need help.

everytime i try to run a wad installer i get a black screen on m wii and all my wiimotes turn off and wont turn back on.

its almst as if it turns off my wii. anyone know what the problem is.

p.s. IOS37 is installed

Roy911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rammoth said:
Roy911 said:

Sure mate.

Generation 1 is the generation that can stand on their own 2 feet and act mature. Usually to be found with good-looking females, loads of good friends and a career with lots of opportunities

Generation 2 is the generation that acts childish, start to write all kinds of crap over the internet with so called l33t language and are most likely to not have any friends or whatsoever, cause they are generally irritating people no one wants to hang out with. They usually die virgin.

As for generation 3, I can only imagine what it will be like and hope it never shows up.

In your case, I think you're entirely up-to-date when it comes to generation 2. Hope it helped!

...Wow, way to fail. I just wanted some answers and help installing this stuff. Anyways, I've figured out the "Generation" junk, it seems the "author" of these tools laughably calls them "generations". I asked some guys who actually know a fuck about the Wii's security system and it just seems that there's no such thing as a "generation" of DLC. Way to know what you're doing. Anyways, what's the the difference between downloading from PC and downloading from Wii? It's not like it makes it harder for Nintendo to catch us, right? Which should I use?

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The generations is just a label he used. It is referring to the two different tickets required.
gen 1=sZAE gen 2=sZBE. They are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1