Hacking Rock band 2 DLC tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For error 204704 try using the Rawksd patcher. It patches ios37 which apparently has fixed this for some people. Just go to the rawksd thread and download the package in the OP. The error in this case has nothing to do with what Nintendo lists as reasons for it.

I'm having trouble with the out of date error. I'm going to try this solution, if it doesn't work, the rawksd users with the out of date error have had success using cioscorp37 wad installation. Fingers crossed.

Hiethen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
For error 204704 try using the Rawksd patcher. It patches ios37 which apparently has fixed this for some people. Just go to the rawksd thread and download the package in the OP. The error in this case has nothing to do with what Nintendo lists as reasons for it.

I'm having trouble with the out of date error. I'm going to try this solution, if it doesn't work, the rawksd users with the out of date error have had success using cioscorp37 wad installation. Fingers crossed.

I just applied the Rawksd patcher and now its downloading, or did I just get lucky.

shseeley127

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:

had same out of date problem.. just redownload the tracks through the music store.. only way i could find to get around it.

batwings21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiethen said:
mestapho said:

I just applied the Rawksd patcher and now its downloading, or did I just get lucky.
If your using an original disk, and your on a newer system menu with the trucha bug fixed, then you would need the trucha bug restored. The rawksd patcher does this. The tickets you are installing that mark everything as paid are trucha signed.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I can download tracks from the store and play no problem. I don't really want to do it that way though. Can anyone confirm being able to use the Gen1 or Gen2 tools to download from the pc and get the dlc to load and play from usb or backup. If you have, could you list how your system is set up, ie. 3.2u, cios12, coverfloader.

cheatmaster5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gen 1 and 2 worked fine for me i am on 4.0u and used a burnt copy and played through the disc channel using cioscrops

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, good to know. I have a feeling that installing cioscorp 37 wad will solve my problem. That is the same thing that rawksd users had to do to get rid of that error. Thanks for the reply.

Hiethen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
batwings21 said:
Hiethen said:
mestapho said:

If your using an original disk, and your on a newer system menu with the trucha bug fixed, then you would need the trucha bug restored. The rawksd patcher does this. The tickets you are installing that mark everything as paid are trucha signed.

I'm using a backup and I updated to system menu 4.0 a while ago, but I thought that I had patched iso60 for the trucha bug.

batwings21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the out of date error's cause is the same reason you can't use RawkSD from the usb loader. The files are either encrypted or signed wrong. I can use the usb loader and hermes ios 223 cios36 merge 37, and a cios 37 installed at 248 just fine for the version 1 wads. But I can't use RawdSD. This is probably the same thing. Files created one way are encrypted with key "a". Files created the other are encrypted with key "b". If you install just the ticket, and you download them from the shop, they work because they are encypted with the key you copy of rockband is using. Its probably something in the ios or cios.

Posts merged

@ Heithen Your ios 60 may have been patched, but ios 37 rockband runs on was not.

Hiethen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
batwings21 said:
@ Heithen Your ios 60 may have been patched, but ios 37 rockband runs on was not.

Ahhh, that makes sense and I didn't know that, thanks for that explanation. I wish there was an IOS tutorial saying which games used what.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so the hermes version methodolgy works with the pc downloaded dlc. You say version 1, do you mean the two wads or do you mean gen 1 (the tools to download on the pc from nus)? The two wad method that allows me to download from the store works with through usb without anything special besides cios rev12.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the things I've tried that work:

Install the two wads and download from the RB store. No problem here. ALL songs are marked as purchased and all download just fine. At first the generation 1 downloads wouldn't appear, so I copied my bin files in that folder (legal ones) to my PC and reinstalled the two wads. Went back to the store and ALL were marked as purchased. After downloading from the store, I added my bins back to my card. All works without a hitch.

Also tried the version that does the batch download. That worked as well. Ran the batch, tried the GUI to move the bins to card, and all goes as planned. Shows up in game, plays perfectly. No freezing, no out of date errors, nothing. Just followed the tutorial that came packaged with the files.

As for my system: US Wii, 4.0., backup from disc channel, D2Pro modchip installed.

RawkSD also works and has never given me a problem. In fact, can verify it works simultaneously with these methods.

Don't know why mine is different, but this DOES work.

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm pretty sure now that the only way to get the gen 1 gen 2 downloads to work is to play the game through the disc channel. that means original copy, modchip, or cioscorp. works for my wiikey, but not usb loader.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kid sampson said:
Here are the things I've tried that work:

Install the two wads and download from the RB store. No problem here. ALL songs are marked as purchased and all download just fine. At first the generation 1 downloads wouldn't appear, so I copied my bin files in that folder (legal ones) to my PC and reinstalled the two wads. Went back to the store and ALL were marked as purchased. After downloading from the store, I added my bins back to my card. All works without a hitch.

Also tried the version that does the batch download. That worked as well. Ran the batch, tried the GUI to move the bins to card, and all goes as planned. Shows up in game, plays perfectly. No freezing, no out of date errors, nothing. Just followed the tutorial that came packaged with the files.

As for my system: US Wii, 4.0., backup from disc channel, D2Pro modchip installed.

RawkSD also works and has never given me a problem. In fact, can verify it works simultaneously with these methods.

Don't know why mine is different, but this DOES work.

Modchip. Yep post above me is right I believe. I'm trying the cioscorp 37 wad tonight.

RanmaFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
timtlm said:
i'm pretty sure now that the only way to get the gen 1 gen 2 downloads to work is to play the game through the disc channel. that means original copy, modchip, or cioscorp. works for my wiikey, but not usb loader.

Actually, for me it's the opposite. When I run Rock Band 2 I need to use Gamma Loader 0.3 to play the game as running an official disc through the Disc Channel doesn't work when trying to play DLC.

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm very confused right now - even after reading through the entire thread.

I'm running a 3.2 modded Wii. What would I do to get the DLC working? (I have yet to install or try anything)

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Download the most recent torrent its about 513.68 KB in size i found it on demonoid but im sure its available at TPB search for "Cracked Rock Band 2 DLC by Hairy Ballsagna - Pr0p3r" along those lines.

then follow theses simple steps after moving all the contents of "in SD root" to your SD card and if wad installer does not work use WAD manager.

Step 1.Remove Any DLC you have on your Wii from Rock band 2(Move it to the sd card or to your pc)
Step 2.Install the 2 wads twice*(May give errors its ok though)
Step 3.Uninstall each one.
Step 4.Reinstall each wad once.(Make sure you get error (ret = -1017) for both of them )
Step 5.Go to the DLC Store on RB2 and it should work.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya do what djda said It should work it worked for me and I had uploaded it to a certain site but was asked to take it down
smile.gif

B_Smith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:

good call on the Rawksd patcher! this solved the problem I was having getting the DLC to work

hopefully whatever is causing the gen2 files to not all decrypt will be solved as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you