1. moses_373

moses_373 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You're going to laugh at me...

It was my system settings. Changed to widescreen 480p, poof, problem solved...

Man, what a noob I am! However, thank you very much for your help, seriously, you're the best!

2. Tetsuo Shima

OP Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    :rofl2: I can't believe it. So that explains why it was displayed that way. Good to know!

This is the video I was talking about

At 12:20 he replaces the modded theme with mine and then he has the same issue as your screenshot.
    This deceived me.

moses_373 likes this.
  3. moses_373

moses_373 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If you ever think you're work is idiot proof, you've just got to find a better idiot! Hopefully my mistake can help other knuckle draggers in the future!

4. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    It's ok man:) I see no idiots around, except maybe for me. I never put a warning about screens settings, so it's not your fault.
    I've always wanted to release a separate version for non widescreen users, but that would require a lot of work and I lack time.
    Maybe one day I'll do it if people will be interested.

moses_373 likes this.
  5. moses_373

moses_373 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It's me again, yeah, I know... I just have a quick question, I'm adding Atari Jaguar to my consoles and have everything working except for the background. I can't seem to find the .ini file or setting that I need to change to set the background for the Jaguar category. Any idea what this is off the top of your head? Files I've created are attached, The background picture is a little hacked up at the top, since I made it from existing assets inside the Rhapsodii Shima folder, but if you happen to have a template, I could clean that up too!
    atari_jaguar (2).png
    atari_jaguar.png
    ATARIJAGUAR.png

6. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Hey you really did a wonderful job with those images! But is it really worth to add the Atari Jaguar?
    Originally, I though about including the Atari Jaguar (along with Sega Saturn) in my theme, but then I removed them.
    The reason was that the Wii is not powerful enough to emulate those systems and, as far as I know, there are no games running at playable speed. I was even tempted to remove PS1 and NDS, for the same reason, but maybe there could still be hope for them.
    Are there any Jaguar games running good on the Wii?
    It's not as simple, however If you really want to add it, here's how it works: you have to add support for a new platform to Wiiflow.
    First and foremost: all the artworks should be converted to optimized paletted images, or they will suck up too much memory and you'll running into issues with cover caching. It's not a straightforward process too.
    You'll then need to create a new magic number for Jaguar. It must be unique or it will conflicts.
    You can use 4a414755 (converted to ASCII text it's 'JAGU')
    Edit the platform.ini file found in wiiflow/plugins_data.
    in the [PLUGINS] section, add
    4a414755=JAGUAR
    in the [FLOWS] section, add
    JAGUAR=cart_box
    rename your background JAGUAR.png
    Add the magic number to console.ini in wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima.

moses_373 likes this.
  7. matto21

matto21 GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    tried several games Atari Jaguar but are not playable for the speed of execution

moses_373 likes this.
  8. moses_373

moses_373 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the heads up! Knowing that, I'll go ahead and forgo Jaguar (dang!) as it sounds like a fools errand anyway. However I am going to copy and paste your response into a text document for future reference, thanks again man!

Hey, sorry to be a bother again, but I was wondering if there was a way to name your boxart in such a way that it could be used as the default for a category of games instead of the blank box that is used when no artwork is found.

For instance, I have a box I mocked up for Satellaview games:

Satellaview v2 (USA).png

I've copied the file 40 times and renamed each to match the rom, but is there a way to tell wiiflow to use this file for satellaview instead of the default blank box? If there is, I'd like to make a default for each emulator type and fill in those ugly blanks with something that doesn't interrupt the flow of things.

Last edited by moses_373, Jun 16, 2020
    Tetsuo Shima likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Rhapsodii, Shima,