Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know 22-11 is already out, but the buildbot sometimes recompiles the latest commits within the same day and makes an updated build for the same date.
it can happen quite a few times a day indeed, also the currently built nightly does include all the changes I did today ;)

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I get a DSI error when trying to load Links Awakening. :( Also Spectrum emulator kicks me back to the gui when trying to load a rom and NGP white screens.
The rest of the emulators iv'e tried seem to be consistently working fine with each new build :)
I have the same problem with spectrum, are you loading *.tap files?

AzerothArg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I did not have issues with mGBA though. I may need to test again with multiple roms at once. But I never had dsi exceptions with recent builds.
I was mainly withy gb/gbc roms, loading one and the trying to load something else usually results in exceptions or crashes. Haven't tried newer builds, though (I'm on 11-20 build)..

Unrelated: I can't get the fba rpx core to load... I have the 1.4 hbl, which supposedly add support for this kind of executables, but it seems to fail. Using wiiubru.com and loadiine.ovh as gateway, the results are the same...

splatool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Make sure you changed the selection on loadiine.ovh to Homebrew Launcher 1.4, it isn't the default yet.
Donkey Kong seems to be one of the only games where the rotation is off by 90 degrees (anti clockwise, or the image is rotated to the left to be clearer), and the rotation setting in Retroarch doesn't do anything yet. Anyone found any others that do the same..?

Last edited by splatool,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the same problem with spectrum, are you loading *.tap files?
Yes, tap files. iirc I did try other formats too, but they all failed :(

@aliaspider could you update the FBA Full rpx build with @FIX94 new audio fixes please?
Also can you make a full mame core rpx so we can test?

Last edited by ploggy,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, thanks everyone for the great work & awesome progress.
How often/soon do the appstore builds get updated from the nightly builds? Cheers.
I don't think the app store is getting nightlies. I would just use the buildbot as you can always go back to an older one if the newest doesn't work

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to reverse engineer any of the N64VC titles down to a point that you could use some part of it to improve or build an interpreter/dynarec for use in Retroarch?

I'm not familiar with how official VC works vs Retroarch emulation, just thought I would throw down my thoughts and ask the question.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to reverse engineer any of the N64VC titles down to a point that you could use some part of it to improve or build an interpreter/dynarec for use in Retroarch?

I'm not familiar with how official VC works vs Retroarch emulation, just thought I would throw down my thoughts and ask the question.
Well it's totally possible to decompile VESSEL.rpx (the emulator for n64 VC) using IDA, but good luck figuring it out :P

Reactions: KiiWii

Dekirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

I'm using Snes9x 2010 and want to figure out how to use multiple controllers.
Can somebody help me with that?
I want to play together with my Brother. I'm using the GamePad as Player 1 and it would be nice if my brother could use a DualShock 3/4 Controller to play as Player 2.
Are there any configurations for it?

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello,

I want to play together with my Brother. I'm using the GamePad as Player 1 and it would be nice if my brother could use a DualShock 3/4 Controller to play as Player 2.
I think that the emulators dont support more than 1 controller, at least for now

Reactions: Dekirai

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It's an alternate route to starting from scratch or building upon MUPEN/NOT64's dynarec (I assume this would be the most useful)
Well sure it would be if someone could understand the decompiled code. The lack of symbol names makes it really complicated though. I personally decompiled my own rpx for something I was investigating, and I basically had to read all one by one just to find a single function xD
Now try to get everything related to dynarec :mellow:

Reactions: KiiWii

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello,

You can't use any other controller other than the Gamepad at the moment.
You'd have to wait until the nightlies add support for other controllers.

Reactions: Dekirai

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You can't use any other controller other than the Gamepad at the moment.
You'd have to wait until the nightlies add support for other controllers.
Can't wait for the GC adapter support! 4 players FTW

Reactions: ShadowOne333

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: ploggy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/aHReK9x7e4E?si=PQEzHDwveOnAwiSY lol gang gang