QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How long and how do you know for sure? :P Just curious XD
I more or less have the buildbot timed.
It usually builds something closer to 3 builds in a day depending on the commits.
It does one early in the morning, mostly between 7 -10 am, then another build between 2-5 pm, and then another build (not always) from 7 to 10 pm.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
One buildbot instance is launched every 5 minutes. If it is still busy with the previous instance it aborts, otherwise it proceeds.

One complete buildbot cycle for all platforms takes roughly an hour if there are only retroarch commits.
Today for example there were commits to mame, that makes the cycle 6 hours instead.

If there are no commits, no matter what time of the day it is there are no commits... no builds are gonna happen.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One buildbot instance is launched every 5 minutes. If it is still busy with the previous instance it aborts, otherwise it proceeds.

One complete buildbot cycle for all platforms takes roughly an hour if there are only retroarch commits.
Today for example there were commits to mame, that makes the cycle 6 hours instead.

If there are no commits, no matter what time of the day it is there are no commits... no builds are gonna happen.

Was mostly curious about a change in the way audio is handled https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/4bfa6f958c1a9988b21fb6e932c1ba7ad3b6683b But like you said, it'll be done in the order it was submitted, apologies. I see that it was pulled as part of the master, but not in a compiled build yet, at least, none that I see on the build bot site.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a feeling this might become my go to retroarch device soon. As much as I love the OLED screen on the Vita, the larger size of the DRC screen is just perfect.
They're for different purposes, in fairness.

The Vita has replaced my N3DS as my emulation device when commuting to work on the train, whereas the Wii U is becoming my main emulation device at home because I don't need to hog the living room TV - my wife can watch what she wants now.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm half tempted to build an arcade cab with the WiiU as the brain and mount the tablet controller somewhere for core/rom selection :)
If you think about it, it has all the Wii/WiiU/GC library all the emulators and potentially DC PS1 PSP N64...etc etc. not to be sniffed at lol

lexluth0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm half tempted to build an arcade cab with the WiiU as the brain and mount the tablet controller somewhere for core/rom selection :)
If you think about it, it has all the Wii/WiiU/GC library all the emulators and potentially DC PS1 PSP N64...etc etc. not to be sniffed at lol
I'm actually in the process of doing that same thing with my old arcade cab! Lol

Reactions: ploggy

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Pretty cool idea for a Vewlix.

Reactions: ploggy

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We also got a ton of commits made by aliaspider today:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commits/master

I'm not too sure, but I did see some code regarding build_elf=0 for certain cores like Mame 2003 and the bunch of FBA ones, and a lot more code related to RPX building...
So it seems like we might be getting RPX cores in the upcoming nightlies, guys!

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
All the cores are now in RPX form :blink: :grog: And there's the previous nightly compiled a couple of hours ago, so yeah, gonna test both for sure :P
Might be for the best.
The only cores which might give trouble are those above 6MB, like FBA and MAME.
All others should work just fine.
Besides, this way they are not limited to a certain file size for the cores.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be for the best.
The only cores which might give trouble are those above 6MB, like FBA and MAME.
All others should work just fine.
Besides, this way they are not limited to a certain file size for the cores.

Right, the 11-23-16 build that was 10.5 MB was compiled at 20:50, and this one at 21:36, best to keep both for the sake of testing, but dayum this is awesome ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    hai hai, lemme braincheck if I did all that, nopes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, I did that, yes, I am a filthy casual because I don't pay for my games.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Piracy is rad.
    +1
    Straight from the 90's.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I don't download illegally, i just borrow them for educational purposes
    Then delete when you already learnt from them. Right?
    Right???
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The term "educational purposes" has become redundant, and is often used to get around illegal repercussions.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in a perfect society everything is made for educational purposes
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm as clean and holy as a saint, I shit you not :rofl2:
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @NinStar, Pr0n exists on YouTube there of.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    yep, it's educational, for those that preach it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, They do this to get around YouTube's TOS, and often is abused for that reasoning.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    if it is educational and enjoyable then everyone wins
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    If people don't get sued or suffer from losses they'll never learn
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    If only google was as aggressive as Nintendo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I love how idiots online always try to make you out as some horrible person and pretend to know your character
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's the internet, people will just attack anyone ,just because they're anonymous for the most part
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And the ones that aren't afraid of being anonymous get it the worst
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh he said this to me, get over it Sunflower
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the internet is and can get nasty really fast
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but it's the same ones whining about them being a victim when they want negative attention for others lol
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    although having a bad day or bad card dealt in life is just a personal issue, how you communicate to others will determine how others will treat you
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: although having a bad day or bad card dealt in life is just a personal issue, how you...