ROM Hack [RELEASED] Blood of Bahamut English Patch

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
demitrius, you could have just PM'd me about it lol. Try to stay on topic. About Sigma, I have no wish to release any real news anytime soon, however I'll just say that there has been decent progress recently.

Anyway, good luck peoples, looking forward to seeing a release.
wink.gif

shade3134

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good work! Do you all have an official website where it shows all future projects/plans/etc? I would love to keep up with your team even when this project is over. ^^

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shade3134 said:
Good work! Do you all have an official website where it shows all future projects/plans/etc? I would love to keep up with your team even when this project is over. ^^

No, we took down our "Projects to come" page because we don't want to commit ourselves if we may not have the time. Besides, surprising people is much easier
happy.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DrHikaru said:
Excited to be part of the team! Thanks for bringing me on Densetsu!
moogle.gif
wub.gif

Thanks for being a part of the team! Since you have experience with professional translations, this will be cake for you.

And hop on MSN whenever you have a moment...phoenixgoddess, Inori and I are always having discussions about the translations.

宜しくお願いします
happy.gif

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Densetsu9000 said:
shadowmanwkp said:
I've been lurking on the other thread for a while and to be honest that one was one big mess...

Nice project anyways, maybe you might want to add the progress in the first post or something, because there will always be people that think the project is dead when there are no posts. So they think they can "revive" the project by posting. Plus, you have the updates in one central spot as well.
The first post has been updated with a new "Progress" section.

We're currently trying to get all of the items, item descriptions, menus, tutorial, etc. fully translated before we move on to the story script.

There are also image files that contain Japanese text that need to be translated, but they haven't been extracted yet.

Ah that's nice, i see that you have done a whole lot of work on translating here. If I have to guess this project will be done in 3 months or so by the looks of it (beta testing can take a long time). Good luck with the project, I'll be rooting for you all.

toot.gif
Edit; post #100
toot.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
shadowmanwkp said:
Ah that's nice, i see that you have done a whole lot of work on translating here. If I have to guess this project will be done in 3 months or so by the looks of it (beta testing can take a long time). Good luck with the project, I'll be rooting for you all.

toot.gif
Edit; post #100
toot.gif
The list of text files in the progress table in the first post will probably be fully translated in sooner than 3 months, but the translators have to consult each other for consistency and everything still has to be edited. I don't think a 100% translation of the entire game (including the story script) is possible within 3 months. But we're in it for the long haul so slowly but surely, we'll get there.

Speaking of which, it took a while, but I just finished making the text dumps of the story script (event_txt). There are 257 event_txt files in all. The good news is that a majority of the files only contain one to a few lines. A number of the event_txt files contain between 20~40 lines of Japanese text so obviously it's going to take longer to translate some files than others.

I have sent the event_txt files to phoenixgoddess and she's deciding on a template for a new translation spreadsheet dedicated to the story script. Once we figure out the best way to organize that many text files onto a spreadsheet, we'll be able to generate a progress table for the story script similar to the one in the first post. I just chatted with Inori and phoenixgoddess, and they're discussing the issue right at this very moment.

After I take my exam tomorrow, I'll be on my spring break and back in full translating force
wink.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I have figured things out already, hahaha. I'll let you know my plan via PM, already tested it.

In all honesty, I think the event_txt script will take about two weeks to a month. Inori and I have had practice translating a pretty big otome game, so this is nothing compared to that. And well, I really like translating
laugh.gif

Beta testing however, will be the most time consuming.

.allbliss.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyways, finally! A Blood of Bahamut translation project! The previous was fiasco, but I could see this one's success! Hahaha... you guys have my support! Thank you so much!

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
.allbliss. said:
Anyways, finally! A Blood of Bahamut translation project! The previous was fiasco, but I could see this one's success! Hahaha... you guys have my support! Thank you so much!
It's the same team with a better topic and w/o Valiarchon nuff said

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone
smile.gif

Things are actually going pretty well and fast. A lot is getting done and we're not stressed or anything. Both the hacking and the translating sides are going smoothly so far. You can keep up with our progress by taking a look at the progress table in the first post. We update it daily, because we translate daily
smile.gif

Thanks for keeping this thread positive and supportive everyone
happy.gif

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've always wanted to give this game a shot. now that its being translated I will definitely wait for a patch release

VERY COOL!

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually we're choosing not to work on the event_txt until the main spreadsheet is done. So for now, zero work has been done on the event_txt.

Let's keep this thread as positive as we can with no drama please
smile.gif

Even if it was or wasn't, there was suspicion of it obviously, so it's probably best to keep it out.

On another note: Shiva is a HUGE perv XD There's a quest called "The Secret of Jiggling!?" but for all of the innocent people out there, I'll make it "The Secret of Trembling!?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)