Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'll bookmark your post and look into it, almost done with my complete re-write, doing a lot of debugging and etc but if the Wii vmc program can't be ran entirely command-line based then I may just need to find what address are being patched, or what string it's searching for if it's not a constant location
Wii VMC is a command line application so I think it can... It just takes few arguments that I am not sure can be argumented into it so, gotta see etc. Thanks for actually doing this; as it will make your script more or less all-powerful in making wii iso into installable. Also I do not think gamecube games generally need this since nintendon't is a loader that handles video modes - or thus far I have not had really NTSC game problems with nintendon't on my PAL WII U or WII

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
I've reported before that you have to patch (probably) most NTSC games' video mode to get them to not blackscreen on PAL consoles, yes even on Wii U. Wii backup loaders had a video mode forcing already to fix this but since we are not using a backup loader here anymore, we have to go a little older in our methods. There is quite a few tools you can use to patch Wii game's video modes, I found Wii VMC 2.2 to be adequate and simple, there was also other tools that xs4all found, and is using himself - bottom point being any tool that patches a wii game itself from NTSC to PAL video modes or vice versa, should be good.

I've also been less than subtle in my petitioning to include such a patching option to the script @KhaderWelaye hint nudge (if it is not too much trouble that is) - but for now, a little manual labour and your NTSC backups should be playable on PAL console, and NTSC people can do this to those few PAL games that are PAL only too!

Here is link to my shite "tutorial" if you can even call it that: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-homebrew-support.483577/page-82#post-7596811
i Have been patching the games video modes and removing error-001 and 002 fix. have been useing "GENERIC WII PATCHER". its just that MLB POWER PROS doesnt want to work even with patches.

I've reported before that you have to patch (probably) most NTSC games' video mode to get them to not blackscreen on PAL consoles, yes even on Wii U. Wii backup loaders had a video mode forcing already to fix this but since we are not using a backup loader here anymore, we have to go a little older in our methods. There is quite a few tools you can use to patch Wii game's video modes, I found Wii VMC 2.2 to be adequate and simple, there was also other tools that xs4all found, and is using himself - bottom point being any tool that patches a wii game itself from NTSC to PAL video modes or vice versa, should be good.

I've also been less than subtle in my petitioning to include such a patching option to the script @KhaderWelaye hint nudge (if it is not too much trouble that is) - but for now, a little manual labour and your NTSC backups should be playable on PAL console, and NTSC people can do this to those few PAL games that are PAL only too!

Here is link to my shite "tutorial" if you can even call it that: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-homebrew-support.483577/page-82#post-7596811
i Have been patching the games video modes and removing error-001 and 002 fix. have been useing "GENERIC WII PATCHER". its just that MLB POWER PROS doesnt want to work even with patches.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry guys theres something wrong with my keyboard

has anyone got monster hunter to work. the intro video plays ok but when you go to start the actual game it crashes with a loud high pitch noise

Kantus88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So i managed to get RE4 wii to work with gamepad but everytime i try to use the knife the map open as well, i think is some conflict with button swap. Its possible to change only ZR to R (or ZL to L), or must be the 2 always and the only solution is not swap at all?

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
has anyone got monster hunter to work. the intro video plays ok but when you go to start the actual game it crashes with a loud high pitch noise

Now this is one game I thought no one would try to inject.

I mean, Wii U has Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate that is literally a much better version of the same game.

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Now this is one game I thought no one would try to inject.

I mean, Wii U has Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate that is literally a much better version of the same game.
lol i didnt no about that game. in that case im not bothered about injecting monster hunters

So i managed to get RE4 wii to work with gamepad but everytime i try to use the knife the map open as well, i think is some conflict with button swap. Its possible to change only ZR to R (or ZL to L), or must be the 2 always and the only solution is not swap at all?
ive swapped my buttons, can you tell me if the conflict fixes when you revert to original controls

You cant just swap one button so the only choice is to revert to original controls

Last edited by kevinbrew,

Kantus88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ive swapped my buttons, can you tell me if the conflict fixes when you revert to original controls

Where? in the game is not possible, my problem is the ZL is using both L and ZL at the same time, when L is not working at all. All other buttons are fine, and i think ZR is more confortable to aim, not a big surprise to anyone.

I can use the knife if pause the game, hold ZL and unpause, but is kinda meh.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Does the script have an option to use the -instantcc thing yet, or do you have to manually use nfs2iso2nfs with the argument to have that?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I tested my self made PAL sonic colors conversion from my own disc and sadly it too has the same problem with classic controller not detecting correctly at the start of the game, and since the game is so controller centric and singleplayer it would be awesome to fix this.

Since this script currently will not let you argument -instantcc does someone have a link to a guide for manual building of a Wii title into wii inject with newest nfs2iso2nfs and stuff? So I can do -instantcc etc.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested my self made PAL sonic colors conversion from my own disc and sadly it too has the same problem with classic controller not detecting correctly at the start of the game, and since the game is so controller centric and singleplayer it would be awesome to fix this.

Since this script currently will not let you argument -instantcc does someone have a link to a guide for manual building of a Wii title into wii inject with newest nfs2iso2nfs and stuff? So I can do -instantcc etc.
Try this, take your sonic game and patch it with the GetExtTypePatcher from FIX94's Github here
https://github.com/FIX94/GetExtTypePatcher

I'm not sure if you know how to use wit or not, but you need to extract the sonic colors game with wit and get the main.dol file from it, and drag and drop it into the GetExtTypePatcher.exe and then repack the iso. then add this line to your script bat file

search for this
IF "%gamefile%"=="game.iso" ..\..\TOOLS\Storage\nfs2iso2nfs.exe -enc%nfspatch% -iso "..\..\ISOBUILDTEMP\game.iso"

add -instantcc so it looks like this

IF "%gamefile%"=="game.iso" ..\..\TOOLS\Storage\nfs2iso2nfs.exe -enc -instantcc%nfspatch% -iso "..\..\ISOBUILDTEMP\game.iso"

I'm not sure if it will work or not but it is worth a shot.

Last edited by wicksand420,
Reactions: cucholix and depaul

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get injects to work. Always getting "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process..." in WIT when repacking. I checked and there's nothing using the files, two different ISOs too.

Last edited by lisreal2401,

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Try this, take your sonic game and patch it with the GetExtTypePatcher from FIX94's Github here
https://github.com/FIX94/GetExtTypePatcher

I'm not sure if you know how to use wit or not, but you need to extract the sonic colors game with wit and get the main.dol file from it, and drag and drop it into the GetExtTypePatcher.exe and then repack the iso. then add this line to your script bat file

View attachment 102306

I'm not sure if it will work or not but it is worth a shot.
OK, thanks, that will make my future easier though I already looked up guide and am manually packaging sonic into NFS with NFS2iso2nfs and stuff, I can do it but I just always need few pointers to do it right. This is definitely more simple though, as this script is really user friendly way of generating Wii injects for sure. I would not been creating my injects on a factory line without it.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, thanks, that will make my future easier though I already looked up guide and am manually packaging sonic into NFS with NFS2iso2nfs and stuff, I can do it but I just always need few pointers to do it right. This is definitely more simple though, as this script is really user friendly way of generating Wii injects for sure. I would not been creating my injects on a factory line without it.
Hang on, im going to insert the instant cc flag into the bat and send it to you

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get injects to work. Always getting "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process..." in WIT when repacking. I checked and there's nothing using the files, two different ISOs too.
Have you tried resetting your computer? Sometimes processes get stuck, Iv'e had it happen before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup