Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try this, take your sonic game and patch it with the GetExtTypePatcher from FIX94's Github here
https://github.com/FIX94/GetExtTypePatcher

I'm not sure if you know how to use wit or not, but you need to extract the sonic colors game with wit and get the main.dol file from it, and drag and drop it into the GetExtTypePatcher.exe and then repack the iso. then add this line to your script bat file

I'm not sure if it will work or not but it is worth a shot.

Maybe in the future we'll get this as an option with the injection script, with a prompt like "Do you want use WIT (for older Wii titles classic controller compatibility)?".

Thanks again KhaderWelaye!

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe in the future we'll get this as an option with the injection script, with a prompt like "Do you want use WIT (for older Wii titles classic controller compatibility)?".

Thanks again KhaderWelaye!
He is working on a full rewrite of the script now, cant wait to see it, I believe he is implementing lots of new features in it. He said he is almost done with it and is doing alot of debugging.

Reactions: matruka and depaul

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@KhaderWelaye

How do GameCube Two Disc games work with your script?

I think it is game.gcm and disc2.gcm

Actually confirmed from the script and that is exactly it: If you have disc2.gcm it will be also included but both files need to be GCM as the script "knows" it is handling gamecube game or wii game from gcm or iso label.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually confirmed from the script and that is exactly it: If you have disc2.gcm it will be also included but both files need to be GCM as the script "knows" it is handling gamecube game or wii game from gcm or iso label.
Cool, thanks for correcting me, I wasn't sure, @KhaderWelaye you might want to add that to the gamecube section of the main page when you got time.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Cool, thanks for correcting me, I wasn't sure, @KhaderWelaye you might want to add that to the gamecube section of the main page when you got time.
I am fairly sure he used to have it when gamecube compatibility was added and that is how I know it, but then he for some reason, maybe accidentally removed it.

Just a slight warning and not sure.
When I was creating an inject for House of the dead 2 & 3 Returns on wii, and used the name "The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Returns" as my game title, the final installation will show up as unknown game with question mark icon, and ??? title which will not launch. I am not entirely sure what part of it it was but just being less strict and naming the title "House of the Dead Returns" the title was fully functional, my icon has the full title anyway but I was slightly bummed.

Anyway, some special marks of combination of text can cause the game not work so if you are having same problem it most likely is your meta text, and just shorten or cut some parts from your name or company if this happens.

Last edited by Sumea, , Reason: additions

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am fairly sure he used to have it when gamecube compatibility was added and that is how I know it, but then he for some reason, maybe accidentally removed it.

Just a slight warning and not sure.
When I was creating an inject for House of the dead 2 & 3 Returns on wii, and used the name "The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Returns" as my game title, the final installation will show up as unknown game with question mark icon, and ??? title which will not launch. I am not entirely sure what part of it it was but just being less strict and naming the title "House of the Dead Returns" the title was fully functional, my icon has the full title anyway but I was slightly bummed.

Anyway, some special marks of combination of text can cause the game not work so if you are having same problem it most likely is your meta text, and just shorten or cut some parts from your name or company if this happens.
Yeah, you can't use special characters like @&$# and so on, but i found that - is ok

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
There are wii mote moments that make the game unplayable with the game pad, you know, like swing the wiimote to the left at the right time and press c, or shake the nunchuck, the only way to get past them is to go to the save before it and use wiimote and nunchuck.
Shouldn't qte prompts just use cc inputs?

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Some testimonies for games with sideways wiimote to play? Preferably Super Mario and Kirby Returns to Dreamland.

Any forced waggle or pointing part on the game? I don't remember which on SPM but Kirby RtD has waggling to inhale harder. Are they beatable with only Gamepad?

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KhaderWelaye

How do GameCube Two Disc games work with your script?

I see someone answered your question, two disc game conversion will be a lot less hassle in the re-write. (I actually forgot to implement that until you guys started talking about it again, it's definitely in there now!)

Also thanks for originally leading the charge on NFS2ISO2NFS leading to everything we have now!

This is correct, don't worry the rewrite is much smarter than this and can detect the game type based on the header ;)

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't qte prompts just use cc inputs?
Yep, That's my bad, i forgot that it was cc compatible.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some testimonies for games with sideways wiimote to play? Preferably Super Mario and Kirby Returns to Dreamland.

Any forced waggle or pointing part on the game? I don't remember which on SPM but Kirby RtD has waggling to inhale harder. Are they beatable with only Gamepad
Super Paper Mario wont work with gamepad because you wont be able to point at the screen, maybe we could get the pointer to read from a seperate wiimote on player 2 with the gamepad, but that would take some searching and rewriting, and a lot of testing, some games just simply work better with the wiimote, but someone said the other day that they thought there was a way to get kirby to "suck harder" by pressing certain buttons, not sure though, I haven't tried it.

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Why does all games create a new save file for themselves instead of one save file containing all game saves? I am talking about NGC games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol