Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KhaderWelaye Does your scripts have a setting that auto cuts off the bootSound.wav to a certain second thing. or is that just normal? My question is because If its a certain second that it auto cuts it off what is it at for non looped songs. Thanks.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KhaderWelaye Does your scripts have a setting that auto cuts off the bootSound.wav to a certain second thing. or is that just normal? My question is because If its a certain second that it auto cuts it off what is it at for non looped songs. Thanks.

6 seconds is the HARD cutoff when converting wav files to btsnd in the script, but in practice the Wii U loads your game and fades out the sound around the 4 or 5 second mark.

Reactions: A Plus Ric

Convour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to go into nintendont for the first time in the vwii homebrew channel to configure it for my autobooting games and every time I select SD card an error occurs? I'm using the latest version.

Last edited by Convour,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Selecting the option to play by the Wiimote before the game opens, works normal if you have the Nunchuck or Classic Controller connected. However, by selecting the Gamepad option, the games I mentioned ask you to connect the Nunchuck or Classic Controller. Another example. In Resident Evil 1 you normally play by Gamepad and Resident Evil Zero warns you that the Nunchuck is offline.
That seems more like it is trying to emulate wiimote instead of classic controller, that might be a bug in the patching of the fw.img, i'm not sure how to test that though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm trying to go into nintendont for the first time in the vwii homebrew channel to configure it for my autobooting games and every time I select SD card an error occurs? I'm using the latest version.
that may be a sd compatibility problem, what kind of sd do you have? can you boot the vc channel and select sd?

Convour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that may be a sd compatibility problem, what kind of sd do you have? can you boot the vc channel and select sd?

Which vc channel. A forwarder in vwii, or just the homebrew channel? I can boot it up in the homebrew channel and select sd or usb. If I hit either it just tells me a DSI exception has occurred. I've tried it with two different SD cards now. They're FAT32. One is a 32gb one is 2gb

Last edited by Convour,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which vc channel. A forwarder in vwii, or just the homebrew channel? I can boot it up in the homebrew channel and select sd or usb. If I hit either it just tells me a DSI exception has occurred. I've tried it with two different SD cards now.
are you using the wii u nintendont forwarder, thats the one i was talking about, are you sure you have the latest release of nintendont? you can get it here
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont

its at the bottom of the page, you click on loader.dol, rename it to boot.dol and put it in sd:/apps/nintendont

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Holy smokes that's Wii U clock speed :lol:
wiiu clock speed is actually 1.24ghz so its like 25mhz below that, not that its a huge loss anyways :P
anyways after cleaning all that stuff up it requires a whole 2 bits to be added in c2w.img, not sure how I want to go about this yet though, locally I have a special iosu patch so it loads c2w from my wii vc title of choice instead of the regular one in the system, no clue if its dangerous to just replace that img in a system title, it also has to be decrypted and re-encrypted so that'll be a pain to distribute as well.
oh yea and I tried not64 now, it helps it quite a bunch.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan Any ideas for booting vWii Channels from a Wii VC Inject title? I saw you mentioned earlier using hbl2hbc as a kind of backbone, it would be neat if there was some implementation that would allow GamePad classic controller use.

Basically what I'm looking to accomplish is instead of injecting N64 roms into the Wii U N64 Virtual Console, I'd rather inject my compatible games into the vWii Virtual Console because it has WAY less input latency. It would be cool if I could boot those from the Wii U menu with GamePad controls, but I can't really find a DOL that would boot a Wii channel. (Basically the opposite of a forwarder channel?)

(Even for games officially released on the eShop and Wii Shop Channel I'll still be re-injecting lots of roms that I've patched for widescreen haha)

Last edited by TeconMoon,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah guys playing banjo tooie with 1.21 ghs vs 728 mhz is just amazing, full speed and very smoothly you guys cant beleive it how well not64 now runs every game that had speed issues :P

Wait, so it's been finalized or ready for us to use? Where's the script to do this and inject Not64 VC into Wii U? Did I miss something? Link to script/app pls :P

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
did a bit more designing of how I want to do all this, and I think I'll settle on a design that will include the special cafe2wii version with the wii vc title you want to use for the clock boost, just before you launch that title though you'll have to launch another elf/channel that will add some additional patches to IOSU that allows loading of this particular special cafe2wii version.
also I did not release anything yet because of how dirty it all was, my initial design had the channel id hardcoded in the IOSU patches so for each wii vc you'd need to launch another elf/channel beforehand which has that specific wii vc id which is quite ugly, I did come up with new patches though that will allow any title id to be used with it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure he is working on it with Fix94.

Oooh, okay, that makes sense. Dang it, the wait is killing me XD

did a bit more designing of how I want to do all this, and I think I'll settle on a design that will include the special cafe2wii version with the wii vc title you want to use for the clock boost, just before you launch that title though you'll have to launch another elf/channel that will add some additional patches to IOSU that allows loading of this particular special cafe2wii version.

Fantastic, thank you for your awesome work ^^

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there a difference between the Nintendont forwarder dol and regular Nintendont? I want to setup the forwarder and then have the dol for Nintendont on my SD card. I need help.
You put the regular Nintendont on your sd in "sd:/apps/nintendont/"

The script will auto make a forwarder dol with the game when you run the script.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
You put the regular Nintendont on your sd in "sd:/apps/nintendont/"

The script will auto make a forwarder dol with the game when you run the script.
So I just use a gamecube game? I know where to get Nintendont.
I wanted it to be small too. Hence why I wanted a forwarder.

Last edited by DarthDub,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol