Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only problem I see with wiisxr+overclock thing is that it would probably make even less likely that they develop a psx emulator for wii u lol sad

Yes and no, WiiSX is still very broken in the GPU and SPU plugin department, screen tearing, it's no different than the Wii version in terms of emulation accuracy, same issues, just full speed. I want there to be proper PSX emulation on Wii U with most major GPU/etc plugin issues resolved. Unless, of course, the original WiiSX/WiiSXR devs show up (lol, yeah right :lol:)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly my first thoughts as well.
Don't forget N64 too...

They only difference is they're full speed, the plugin issues kind mar the experience, Killer Instinct is unplayable, CBFD only works on the PAL region (lol 20% slower), many games
require dynarec rewrites, it's faster, yes, and that's awesome, but at its core, there needs to be an overhaul to the plugins' code to fix the remaining issues.

*sigh* This had damn well better not be the PSX and N64 the Wii U's gonna get, speed is good, but if the graphics and audio have these issues... some games outright lock up the console, yeah... :(

I'm not being a Debby Downer, I'm just saying there are a lot of issues that need fixing up before we can call it good (which I don't see being fixed anytime soon).

Last edited by the_randomizer,

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Exactly my first thoughts as well.
Don't forget N64 too...
at least we have n64 vc injector for wiiu...
but for psx I hope that instead of spending time improving wiisxr they actually could make a proper emu for wii u that takes advantage of the full hardware.
how different is psp from psx in terms of developing an emulator?

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at least we have n64 vc injector for wiiu...
but for psx I hope that instead of spending time improving wiisxr they actually could make a proper emu for wii u that takes advantage of the full hardware.
how different is psp from psx in terms of developing an emulator?

Both use the MIPS architecture, but other than that, both need dynarec cores to take advantage of the Wii U CPU for full speed. I'd rather these not be the only PSX/N64 emulators we get on Wii U, that's all I'm saying. It's not a reflection on the
overclocked vWii mode, no, not at all, I don't want devs working on Wii U take it the wrong way.

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Both use the MIPS architecture, but other than that, both need dynarec cores to take advantage of the Wii U CPU for full speed. I'd rather these not be the only PSX/N64 emulators we get on Wii U, that's all I'm saying. It's not a reflection on the
overclocked vWii mode, no, not at all, I don't want devs working on Wii U take it the wrong way.
does that mean that once a psx emu is done a psp emu could be made from its code easier? lol I don't know about programming but I'd love to play project diva games on wii u (just a thought not request)

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I injected a WiiWare game and when I try to load it up I'm told that Loader.dol cannot be found. I'm not having this trouble with any of the GameCube or Wii games I injected so is this something specific to WiiWare?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does that mean that once a psx emu is done a psp emu could be made from its code easier? lol I don't know about programming but I'd love to play project diva games on wii u (just a thought not request)

I don't know, the PSP will require a dynarec, but since devs undoubtedly see this, they won't want to make any Wii U emulators, in fact, they'll come up with some BS excuse saying "Oh the vWii can have full clock speed, there's no need for us to work on Wii U".
Am I wrong? Prove me wrong, people, prove me wrong.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I injected a WiiWare game and when I try to load it up I'm told that Loader.dol cannot be found. I'm not having this trouble with any of the GameCube or Wii games I injected so is this something specific to WiiWare?
WADs aren't supported whatsoever, and no WAD2ISO is not going to be able to do this for you.

Reactions: relauby

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The main issue with wiiware is that it is loaded from wii NAND normally and not from a wii disc, so when you try to fire up its executable it wont be able to find any of its files on the NAND they're normally on. You would have to write some kind of NAND emulator for that to work.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The main issue with wiiware is that it is loaded from wii NAND normally and not from a wii disc, so when you try to fire up its executable it wont be able to find any of its files on the NAND they're normally on. You would have to write some kind of NAND emulator for that to work.

And the probability of someone making such an effort to do this is....? ;) ;)

Can it not be patched and redirected?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And the probability of someone making such an effort to do this is....? ;) ;)

Can it not be patched and redirected?
reading from NAND has nothing to do with reading from disc and an emulator would have to replace IOS which in wii vc doesnt make sense as it would remove the ability to read from wiiu nand/wiiu usb and gamepad in the first place. the only thing that would make sense to try is to have the game installed on vwii nand as normal but then load it with the gamepad patches from wii vc and hope the wiiware game works with them.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, the PSP will require a dynarec, but since devs undoubtedly see this, they won't want to make any Wii U emulators, in fact, they'll come up with some BS excuse saying "Oh the vWii can have full clock speed, there's no need for us to work on Wii U".
Am I wrong? Prove me wrong, people, prove me wrong.
Hey man, how come nobody can be happy with what they got, Its this complaining that stopped me from going on the retroarch thread, FIX94 made it possible for all of us to play psx and n64 games at good rates and people have to complain, I suggest that if you have a problem with the devs, Learn how to code, and do it yourself instead of complaining about how they aren't doing enough for you, They owe you nothing, and this complaining is exactly what drives the devs from making anything for anybody. Dont forget what the title of this thread is, it has nothing to do with what you are talking about.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, how come nobody can be happy with what they got, Its this complaining that stopped me from going on the retroarch thread, FIX94 made it possible for all of us to play psx and n64 games at good rates and people have to complain, I suggest that if you have a problem with the devs, Learn how to code, and do it yourself instead of complaining about how they aren't doing enough for you, They owe you nothing, and this complaining is exactly what drives the devs from making anything for anybody. Dont forget what the title of this thread is, it has nothing to do with what you are talking about.
he had some sauce hes fine now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @cearp, Sup