Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stickuz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do i get wii u helper to use the new version of CEMU? I tried just copy pasting over the cemu that's bundled with it but that didn't work.

Bob423423

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I made an account just to post about 404, but it looks like it's just maintenance on the webshop. Thanks for the update :)

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to grab a single DLC item with this? From what I can tell if you want DLC for a game it'll just download all of it.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to grab a single DLC item with this? From what I can tell if you want DLC for a game it'll just download all of it.
No, it's not. DLC is a title. It's either installed or it's not. The flags in your ticket tell the system which items you have purchased. You can't, for example, download just the one costume you paid for.

On the plus side, if you 'buy' the free car in Mario Kart, you then have all the code and data for the new tracks and drivers. All you need at that point is a ticket that says you're allowed to run them. You don't have to go back and download 20 different things.

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I see, apparently I didn't notice that the DLC was megabytes not gigabytes, it's just downloading the 'permission'? So how does that work? For instance I just did this for Hyrule Warriors, once I run the DLC file through the wupinstaller what happens then? Will it grab the DLC files on the Wii U? A little new to this, just installed Haxchi and Rednand Mocha earlier.

Also, installing DLC in this fashion.. I have the physical disc and haven't installed it with disc2app or anything, will I have to load up the CFW to play it with the DLC, or can I just run it normally?

Last edited by Xirix,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's just downloading the 'permission'? So how does that work? For instance I just did this for Hyrule Warriors, once I run the DLC file through the wupinstaller what happens then? Will it grab the DLC files on the Wii U?
The DLC for some titles is very small because the data is actually in the regular game and the DLC title is just the hooks to activate the content.

When you download DLC with Wii U USB Helper, Helper generates a fake ticket (title.tik) to go with it. If you installed the DLC with that file present in the install directory, you now have the fake ticket installed on your system. The fake ticket has all DLC items enabled, but because its signature isn't valid, you need to run some kind of CFW to play the game, even if the game itself is legit.
A little new to this, just installed Haxchi and Rednand Mocha earlier.
I hope whoever suggested redNAND to you also explained its limitations and stability issues. You don't need it for playing games.
Also, installing DLC in this fashion.. I have the physical disc and haven't installed it with disc2app or anything, will I have to load up the CFW to play it with the DLC, or can I just run it normally?
If you installed the DLC on the same device as that game's save data, the game will see it, and you'll need CFW running. (If you don't have CFW running, you'll get a message that your DLC is corrupt and the game won't start.)

If you have legitimately purchased any of the DLC for the game, you can work around the CFW requirement with some hex editing.

Roby84-ITA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't find many Virtual console games N64 in EUR(PAL) format that are in eshop but aren't in wii u usb helper app

i.e. super mario 64 or wave race 64 are in eshop EUR PAL version.
I find only USA version on wii u usb helper app of them!

Last edited by Roby84-ITA,

Roby84-ITA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A game won't appear in Wii U USB Helper until someone buys it and adds the key to the title key site.
how can i get that titles ?
where to find the differences between versions EUR, USA and JPN? i.e if EUR has italian language and USA not.

thanks

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can i get that titles ?
Buy it and add the key so it will appear in USB Helper, or look for a loadiine version and repack it using NUSPacker. We can't link to specific sites on this forum if they have illegal content, so you'll have to search.

Languages are mentioned on the product's EUR eShop web page, but they're sometimes missing on the US site. I don't know if anyone maintains a list.

KHANV1CT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having any issues? All of a sudden the program isn't showing any games, not even ones I downloaded.

Reactions: zempoh

malikoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hey, what's up people. I have a question about an error that started popping up today. I'm adding a capture of what happened.

If anyone can give me any hints on how to solve it then I'll be thankful.

Regards!
j5OeGF
https://ibb.co/j5OeGF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, I think (non homebrew) roms arent posted here
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ah ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that case is huge, but is cool.
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if...