[RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Hikari06, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Which theme do you prefer?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2017.
  1. The dark theme

225 vote(s)
    84.3%
  2. The light theme

42 vote(s)
    15.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    I suspect Wii U USB Helper will pop up one of those long error messages about not being able to access a path. Windows itself doesn't care whether the target exists or not.
    Delete the junction point itself (from explorer, or rd C:\DATA\USA\GAMES from a command prompt), recreate that folder as a normal folder, copy the subfolders back.

Madridi likes this.
  2. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    By deleting junction point, you basically mean that shortcut folder created, right?

Thanks again for all your help. Everything is working as expected. It would be still cool if Wii U USB Helper has custom directory support, to avoid all of this, as well having dlc version number in the folder name. Maybe @Hikari06 can take a look at it as some point.

nexusmtz likes this.
  3. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Yes, the shortcut folder. It seems like a scary thing to do at first, but Vista and above understand that when you delete a junction, you don't mean to delete the thing that it points to. Even if you did mean to delete the content/target, it's better that Windows chooses the cautious interpretation. You can always clean up the target later.

Madridi likes this.
  4. ratmandom

ratmandom GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2018
    United Kingdom
    What size sd card should i get for my 3ds. I have the full collection ready for it. 256gb ? or more I Don't Know. and is there a way to see how big the 3ds collection is sorry I should look at the wii u usb program.

Tri-Z likes this.
  5. wiiztec

wiiztec GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2009
    United States
    Why doesn't it let me open the program or see game info if the download directory is not available?

6. Dan1lan

Dan1lan Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2018
    Latvia
    Hi to all, can somebody help me with GC injection, i always get this error:
    upload_2018-4-17_17-52-26.png

7. Bravestarr

Bravestarr Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2017
    Germany
    Hi,

I just wanted to as if still game cube games are being added to WiiU USB Helper?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I got this error when I tried to access them on a NAS storage. I worked without any problem when all the data is locally stored on the harddisk. Even with virtual box on a mac. :lol:

8. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    just restart your PC again ... & try try again .. ( that's what i did any way )

9. ricktendo

ricktendo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2017
    Honduras
    Same here, I have to temporarily change the directory to my local hdd

10. ip60

ip60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    If I try to browse one of the files Wii U USB Helper creates my computer starts to freeze up is that normal? I mean I can transfer the games to sd just fine and install them but if I try to view the files on my computer it stalls. Is this normal? I have the BOTW file on my External and everytime I try and examine to folder my computer starts to act up.

11. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    It never did that to me. It sounds like there is a problem with your computer, not USB Helper.

12. ip60

ip60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    I should of mentioned it seems to have something to do with MacOS the same drive the same files and everything works fine on Windows no freezes when looking at files, MacOS doesn't seem to like the file types these games are stored in. First time I've ever encountered something like this I keep one drive in EXFAT to share files between Windows and MacOS, something about the way WUP games are packed I guess.

Last edited by ip60, Apr 21, 2018
  13. n3IVI0

n3IVI0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2017
    United States
    I am running across this error when trying to create Desktop Shortcuts for WiiU games: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I haven't changed anything. WiiU games are playing fine. It had been creating shortcuts without issue until just now. I tried re-creating shortcuts with old games that I had successfully made shortcuts for, and it is giving the same error. Java is current. Cannot figure out what is causing this. Any ideas?

14. jegriva

jegriva Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2012
    Italy
    It's just me, or Force 4:3 in Gamecube injection doesn't work? I tried with Luigi Mansion (EURO) with a PAL60 mod and it somehow hacked in a widescreen mod; I tired with Metroid Prime 1.02 (USA) and the game outputs 4:3 but squashed in widescreen,

15. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I think the game must be compatible with the video settings for it to work correctly. I think so anyway, I could be wrong.

16. jegriva

jegriva Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2012
    Italy
    Well, I'm pretty much positive EVERY Gamecube game works in 4:3 (even resident Evil 4 wich was 16:9 letterboxed in a 4:3 image).

17. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Oh ok, then I was probably thinking about 16:9 then. I'm pretty sure the game must support 16:9 to force 16:9 aspect ratio to use it. But I'm not sure, I'm not that familiar with how emulators work, in terms of aspect ratio and resolution to be sure. But I don't think that has anything to do with your issue anyway.

18. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    I tried a search and came up with nothing. Helper sees wii u and connects but Sync Failed (is mocha running) on right bottom shows up how can I fix Sync problem?

19. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    What are you trying to do exactly? Are you trying to transfer a Game and Install it over the local network using USB Helper? If so, your better off just coping the game install files to your SD Card using your computer, then put your SD Card in your Wii U and install the game using WUP Installer.

The reason is, USB Helper connects to your console via USB Transfer Tool, it uses the FTP protocol (if I can recall correctly), so it transfers the files VERY slowly. And if the connection gets interrupted by any reason, you have to start the process over again.

20. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    Yes I know about the speed issue and only wanted to use for smaller vc games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.