Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyoX9

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a question before doing something as i bricked my 3ds, i have wii u on 5.5.1 with mocha... as in wii u usb help software on pc i saw game cube games like residen evil 1 and 2 and some game cube games for downloads, is it safe to download them and install via wup installer like any other wii u game? or is there a chance of bricking?

seanb2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, ALL of the latest DLC for Zelda is on USB Helper. Make sure you download the latest update to be able to play the DLC if you haven't updated your game to the latest update yet.

When I right click and select DLC, it just adds it to my download list. Shouldn't I get an option for either DLC 1 or DLC 2 (Champions?)

Also it doesn't seem to matter which update version I use, it always says "You have the wrong version, so DLC has been disabled"

This only happened after the recent couple new version numbers, it's always worked fine before after updates.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I right click and select DLC, it just adds it to my download list. Shouldn't I get an option for either DLC 1 or DLC 2 (Champions?)

Also it doesn't seem to matter which update version I use, it always says "You have the wrong version, so DLC has been disabled"

This only happened after the recent couple new version numbers, it's always worked fine before after updates.
WiiU USB Helper has ALL DLC in one package for BOTW. Make sure you also download and install the latest update too.

Reactions: seanb2

seanb2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, okay. Tonight i'l do a full uninstall, install the game, latest update (192), and then the DLC. Maybe that will fix it up.

EDIT: Based on the file sizes, I might have had a corrupted DLC download. This refresh will likely work.

Last edited by seanb2,

SFNMutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to say USB Helper was able to do a wii injection for Super Smash Brothers Brawl & Mario Kart using wbfs files today. I wasn't sure if it would take it but it did. haven't tested the game yet.

Last edited by SFNMutt,

Exnor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You mean you didn't had to install the champions ballad DLC? It downloaded as an already bought DLC?

Yes. I only installed the original DLC back when was available on WiiU-USB helper and the it was updated automatically (note it was running CFW during the entire process).

Last edited by Exnor,

pz64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo Hikari06, what place is dragonball z tenkaichi 3 in for injects?

Attachments

• drop.jpg
    drop.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 192

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can i ask when i have a 3ds game using USB Helper and it says transfer to sd card. Once on sd card how do i install on the 3ds itself? Thanks

KrzysztofSosnows

Trophies
XP
Can i ask when i have a 3ds game using USB Helper and it says transfer to sd card. Once on sd card how do i install on the 3ds itself? Thanks
Right click on downloaded game -> Pack to CIA (3DS) -> copy this CIA file from pc to 3DS mSD card -> on 3DS use FBI to install it.

btw usb helper wont start up for me
On windows deleting folder C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\USB_HELPER did help for me.

Last edited by KrzysztofSosnows,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a question regarding gamecube injects: How can i configure the video output? I mean, i installed Mario Kart: Double Dash yesterday and ig gives a "Wii U widescreen" stretched image. How can i change that?

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Are all 3DS games known to work from Wii U Usb Helper? Im running on a New 2DS XL, 11.6 firmware, used the NTRBOOT/boot9strap/luma3ds etc following the steps from 3ds guide. Most games from WII U Usb Helper work fine, I pack them to CIA after download then transfer them over and install via FBI. However, Zelda Triforce heroes and Pokemon Ultra Sun are two problems that end up resulting in a black screen. I thought maybe I had a bad download, so redownloaded them but with the same result. Also tried a different 2DS XL and same result with black screen. I then installed freeshop and installed them that way and it worked fine. Anyone know why those two particular games dont work when using WII U Usb Helper (obviously not a big deal as they work via freeshop, but ideally Id rather use WII U Usb Helper and have the CIA files on my PC for later use)

This is actually an easy fix. All the steps you've described is totally fine. For any games that give you the "black screen": Go back and Load up your FBI -> Titles -> Import Seed. When you are doing this, make sure your wifi internet is enabled. You can turn it off after done with "Import Seed". Hope this helps!

Nigleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Running into an issue.

Seems like windows defender is pulling up a virus, possibly a false positive, as of today anyways. I have not used the application since the 24th of this month.

This is the window that pops up when running Wii U USB helper:

scrn1.PNG

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at Updater.Form1.UpdateAsync()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

The window suggests an alternative installer. I went ahead and tried that well:
scrn2.PNG

Log from "Details...":

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.14393.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
clr.dll : 4.7.2117.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
dfdll.dll : 4.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
dfshim.dll : 10.0.14393.0 (rs1_release.160715-1616)
SOURCES
Deployment url : http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/WiiU_USB_Helper.application
Server : cloudflare
Deployment Provider url : http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/WiiU_USB_Helper.application
Application url : http://application.wiiuusbhelper.co...Helper_0_6_1_517/WiiU_USB_Helper.exe.manifest
IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : WiiU_USB_Helper.application, Version=0.6.1.517, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=msil
Application Identity : WiiU_USB_Helper.exe, Version=0.6.1.517, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32
APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.
ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/WiiU_USB_Helper.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception occurred loading manifest from file WiiU_USB_Helper.exe: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ File WiiU_USB_Helper.exe is not a valid Portable Executable (PE) file.
+ Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.
WARNINGS
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [2017-12-26 3:00:51 PM] : Activation of http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/WiiU_USB_Helper.application has started.
* [2017-12-26 3:00:51 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [2017-12-26 3:00:51 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [2017-12-26 3:00:52 PM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [2017-12-26 3:00:54 PM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [2017-12-26 3:00:54 PM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [2017-12-26 3:01:13 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestLoad)
- Exception occurred loading manifest from file WiiU_USB_Helper.exe: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ManifestLoadExceptionHelper(Exception exception, String filePath)
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.LoadFromInternalManifestFile(String filePath)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.ProcessDownloadedFile(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.DownloadModifiedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.OnModified()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.IOException
- File WiiU_USB_Helper.exe is not a valid Portable Executable (PE) file.
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.PEStream.ConstructFromFile(String filePath, Boolean partialConstruct)
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.LoadFromInternalManifestFile(String filePath)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.IOException
- Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Deployment.Application.PEStream.ConstructFromFile(String filePath, Boolean partialConstruct)
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Running into an issue.

Seems like windows defender is pulling up a virus, possibly a false positive, as of today anyways. I have not used the application since the 24th of this month.

This is the window that pops up when running Wii U USB helper:

View attachment 109360

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at Updater.Form1.UpdateAsync()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

The window suggests an alternative installer. I went ahead and tried that well:
View attachment 109361

Log from "Details...":

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.14393.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
clr.dll : 4.7.2117.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
dfdll.dll : 4.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
dfshim.dll : 10.0.14393.0 (rs1_release.160715-1616)
SOURCES
Deployment url : http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/WiiU_USB_Helper.application
Deployment Provider url : http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/WiiU_USB_Helper.application
Application url : http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/Application Files/WiiU_USB_Helper_0_6_1_517/WiiU_USB_Helper.exe.manifest
IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : WiiU_USB_Helper.application, Version=0.6.1.517, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=msil
Application Identity : WiiU_USB_Helper.exe, Version=0.6.1.517, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32
APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.
ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/WiiU_USB_Helper.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception occurred loading manifest from file WiiU_USB_Helper.exe: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ File WiiU_USB_Helper.exe is not a valid Portable Executable (PE) file.
+ Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.
WARNINGS
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [2017-12-26 3:00:51 PM] : Activation of http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/WiiU_USB_Helper.application has started.
* [2017-12-26 3:00:51 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [2017-12-26 3:00:51 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [2017-12-26 3:00:52 PM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [2017-12-26 3:00:54 PM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [2017-12-26 3:00:54 PM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [2017-12-26 3:01:13 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestLoad)
- Exception occurred loading manifest from file WiiU_USB_Helper.exe: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ManifestLoadExceptionHelper(Exception exception, String filePath)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.ProcessDownloadedFile(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.DownloadModifiedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.OnModified()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.IOException
- File WiiU_USB_Helper.exe is not a valid Portable Executable (PE) file.
- Stack trace:
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.IOException
- Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
Thanks for the info.
I have submitted a false positive report yesterday and it should no longer be detected as a threat.
Unfortunately false positives are getting more and more common and although I do my best to check the binaries before release I can never be sure that some antivirus will not screw up.
upload_2017-12-27_11-38-2.png

Just a question regarding gamecube injects: How can i configure the video output? I mean, i installed Mario Kart: Double Dash yesterday and ig gives a "Wii U widescreen" stretched image. How can i change that?
You can easily force 4:3 ratio by enabling the option on the Injection Tool window.

Reactions: Nigleet

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
You can easily force 4:3 ratio by enabling the option on the Injection Tool window.

Well, that's the thing, no matter if i enable the option, it doen't works. Wich is a shame, because WUSBH is awfully convenient for this. I ended using the injection software.

frankadank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to inject a few Gamecube and Wii games. My question is how do I use the Wii U Pro Controller with either of these injected games, the gamepad is a bit clunky for some gamecube/wii games.

When I enable or don't enable the gamepad option when prompted by launching either of these injected games, the wii u pro controller isn't working and won't connect, the gamepad does though.

Mende

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a little problem with the USB Helper, when i want to transfer a game to my wii u using the wii u usb helper transfer tool, it says that i must have the transfer tool currently running on my wii u but it is currently running. The Wii u and the USB Helper are in the same network and it got firewall access, i dont know why it is still not working does anybody have an answer to it ?

unpaiktable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! I am currently trying to get Xenoblade X from Wii U USB Helper for Android running on OSX (through Bluestacks) and am seeing the following error. Unfortunately I cannot see the full message. Any help? Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 02.23.25.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, you mean
    furries.
    +1
    well, sonic fans are a whole separate thing from furries
    like bronys
    sonic porn is too weird even for me
  • Dumpflam @ Dumpflam:
    bruh
  • Dumpflam @ Dumpflam:
    guys how do i delete a post
    you don't
    you can report it and request deletion
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Also, no, that was his first time having a seizure, and hopefully the last
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Also, no, that was his first time having a seizure, and hopefully the last +1