Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pz64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there ever going to be a way to get wii injects compatible with the usb gamecube adapter? I want to play brawl with my gc controller.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there ever going to be a way to get wii injects compatible with the usb gamecube adapter? I want to play brawl with my gc controller.
I don't know about for Wii Games, but I think that is possible for actual gamecube games. But I'm not 100% sure, so don't qoute me on that. It's been a long time since I messed around with injects or emulators on the WiiU.

Reactions: pz64

Advrk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I've tried to use the latest Wii U USB Helper to install Gamcube-injected games. The whole process appears to work within Wii U USB Helper (downloading the game, injecting the ISOs I provided, moving to SD and installing via WUP Installer, etc.), **however** I keep getting a "boot.dol not found!" error when starting those games and I've tried six!

How do I troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello! I am currently trying to get Xenoblade X from Wii U USB Helper for Android running on OSX (through Bluestacks) and am seeing the following error. Unfortunately I cannot see the full message. Any help? Thanks

View attachment 109547
Would it be possible to see the entire error? (What comes after Win32...)
Tbh I don't think this could be easily achieved without patching each game individually.

Hello,

I've tried to use the latest Wii U USB Helper to install Gamcube-injected games. The whole process appears to work within Wii U USB Helper (downloading the game, injecting the ISOs I provided, moving to SD and installing via WUP Installer, etc.), **however** I keep getting a "boot.dol not found!" error when starting those games and I've tried six!

How do I troubleshoot this? Thanks!
Did you use the "Prepare my SD" button in the injection tool?
You also have to insert the sd card in your wii u while playing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've managed to inject a few Gamecube and Wii games. My question is how do I use the Wii U Pro Controller with either of these injected games, the gamepad is a bit clunky for some gamecube/wii games.

When I enable or don't enable the gamepad option when prompted by launching either of these injected games, the wii u pro controller isn't working and won't connect, the gamepad does though.
To use the pro controller you have to say 'no' when it asks you to use the gamepad.
However, unfortunately you need a wiimote to pass the second screen but when you do you should be able to play with the pro controller.
Try pressing any button when the game is running and it should automatically connect (It must be paired to your wii u though).

I have a little problem with the USB Helper, when i want to transfer a game to my wii u using the wii u usb helper transfer tool, it says that i must have the transfer tool currently running on my wii u but it is currently running. The Wii u and the USB Helper are in the same network and it got firewall access, i dont know why it is still not working does anybody have an answer to it ?
Can you tell me what is the local ip address of your computer and of your wiiu ?

Reactions: pz64

Advrk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use the "Prepare my SD" button in the injection tool?
You also have to insert the sd card in your wii u while playing.

(1) I couldn't use the "Prepare my SD" button because I'm running Wii U USB Helper in a virtual machine that doesn't connect to my real/physical USB. So I had to move the prepared games out of the virtual machine and onto my SD card manually. What does the "Prepare my SD card" button do specifically? I already have lots of stuff from my SD card, what alterations will "Prepare my SD card" do to it? Can I recreate those steps manually? (I don't have a Windows computer)

(2) Yes, the SD card was in my Wii U while I attempted this.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
(1) I couldn't use the "Prepare my SD" button because I'm running Wii U USB Helper in a virtual machine that doesn't connect to my real/physical USB. So I had to move the prepared games out of the virtual machine and onto my SD card manually. What does the "Prepare my SD card" button do specifically? I already have lots of stuff from my SD card, what alterations will "Prepare my SD card" do to it? Can I recreate those steps manually? (I don't have a Windows computer)

(2) Yes, the SD card was in my Wii U while I attempted this.
To do it manually you need to download the latest version of Nitendont and place it in sd://apps/nintendont.
Then download this config file and place it in the root of the sd card.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To do it manually you need to download the latest version of Nitendont and place it in sd://apps/nintendont.
Then download this config file and place it in the root of the sd card.

When I click on your Nintendont link it downloads a file called loader.dol. In my Nintendont folder, I have a boot.dol file. Do I need to rename that loader.dol to boot.dol and overwrite the old one? Thank you.

Edit: That new config file you have me download you say to put in the root of my SD card. I also have a nincfg.bin file in my Nintendont folder as well. That one looks pretty old. Do I need to delete and/or update the one in my Nintendont folder as well? Thanks.

Last edited by Clutz450,

unpaiktable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Yes. I managed to read the rest of the message. Please have a look below:

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 12.21.20.png

Last edited by unpaiktable,

unpaiktable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Some googling around reveals that file seeks over 2gb in size cause this error. The "win32" error code puzzles me though, as I am using Mac OS X Sierra. Same thing happens at ~40% of downloading Xenoblade Chronicles X. I was able to get DKTF fine as well as Legend of Zeld: Breath of the Wild. These two were the biggest successful downloads so far. But Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade X have both failed with the same error message.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I need some help with the Gamecube injects. Using Wii U USB Helper, I "downloaded" and installed Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 7, and Luigi's Mansion. None of them are working when trying to launch them from my Wii U. I am using Haxchi before trying to start them. I used the Prepare my SD card button before I did anything. All I am getting on all 4 of the games is either a black screen or the Wii U shuts down. I tried doing multiple things to fix it on my own like manually download Nintendont and the nincfg.bin file. I tried deleting everything related to Nintendont that I had on my SD card for when I use it in vWii mode and then did the prepare my SD card again. I tried deleting all 4 of those Gamecube games from my Wii and injected them through Wii U USB Helper again after verifying them through Redump.org. None of it works. I always either get a black screen where I have to unplug it to turn it off or my Wii U turns off on its own. Once during all of my different trials I was able to load up Paper Mario and it displayed on my Gamepad and the controls did work. But I wasn't able to repeat it and start it again. Does anyone have any advice for me or other things I should try to get these games working? Like are there certain setting combinations at the start of launching the game (like use the gamepad or where I want the video to be displayed) that just not work? Thanks in advance for your help.

RyoX9

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I need some help with the Gamecube injects. Using Wii U USB Helper, I "downloaded" and installed Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 7, and Luigi's Mansion. None of them are working when trying to launch them from my Wii U. I am using Haxchi before trying to start them. I used the Prepare my SD card button before I did anything. All I am getting on all 4 of the games is either a black screen or the Wii U shuts down. I tried doing multiple things to fix it on my own like manually download Nintendont and the nincfg.bin file. I tried deleting everything related to Nintendont that I had on my SD card for when I use it in vWii mode and then did the prepare my SD card again. I tried deleting all 4 of those Gamecube games from my Wii and injected them through Wii U USB Helper again after verifying them through Redump.org. None of it works. I always either get a black screen where I have to unplug it to turn it off or my Wii U turns off on its own. Once during all of my different trials I was able to load up Paper Mario and it displayed on my Gamepad and the controls did work. But I wasn't able to repeat it and start it again. Does anyone have any advice for me or other things I should try to get these games working? Like are there certain setting combinations at the start of launching the game (like use the gamepad or where I want the video to be displayed) that just not work? Thanks in advance for your help.
i think you should load moacha cfw before loading Gamecube game in homebrew launcher

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you should load moacha cfw before loading Gamecube game in homebrew launcher
The injected Gamecube games will only run under Mocha? Are you sure about that? I thought they were supposed to be able to run under Haxchi as well. But anyways, loading them up with Mocha didn't do anything. It still gave me either a black screen or it turned off my Wii U. I'm going to keep trying different things on my own and see if I can't get this working unless someone else can give me ideas. Thank you.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
The injected Gamecube games will only run under Mocha? Are you sure about that? I thought they were supposed to be able to run under Haxchi as well. But anyways, loading them up with Mocha didn't do anything. It still gave me either a black screen or it turned off my Wii U. I'm going to keep trying different things on my own and see if I can't get this working unless someone else can give me ideas. Thank you.
Unfortunately you're not the only one who has this issue.
A small number of people are unable to run GameCube injections for a reason that is still unknown to this day (I have so far never encountered the problem myself on all the systems I have tested it on).
My best guess is that it has something to do with Nintendont, since but since I'm not involved in its development there isn't much I can do.
Some googling around reveals that file seeks over 2gb in size cause this error. The "win32" error code puzzles me though, as I am using Mac OS X Sierra. Same thing happens at ~40% of downloading Xenoblade Chronicles X. I was able to get DKTF fine as well as Legend of Zeld: Breath of the Wild. These two were the biggest successful downloads so far. But Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade X have both failed with the same error message.
Hmm the size issue would make sense indeed. It's not the size of the game itself but the size of one of its files which causes problem I suppose.
However, since you mention using Mac OSX it may very well be because of the software you are using to run the application (Bluestacks?).

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately you're not the only one who has this issue.
A small number of people are unable to run GameCube injections for a reason that is still unknown to this day (I have so far never encountered the problem myself on all the systems I have tested it on).
My best guess is that it has something to do with Nintendont, since but since I'm not involved in its development there isn't much I can do.

That's weird. Is there anything I can do or information about my console and setup that I can give you that would help to pinpoint this issue? I'd be more than happy to help. I'll mention this in the nintendont thread and see if they can help me there too. Also, this was on my brother's Wii U that I was setting this up on. I'll try it out on my Wii U sometime later this week and see if I can get it to work on mine. I'll let you know how o make out.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06
can you please send me invitation to the Wii U discord channel please

https://discord.gg/ZcKAGwZ

But I'm rarely using Discord so if you require assistance please use the corresponding tab in the application.

That's weird. Is there anything I can do or information about my console and setup that I can give you that would help to pinpoint this issue? I'd be more than happy to help. I'll mention this in the nintendont thread and see if they can help me there too. Also, this was on my brother's Wii U that I was setting this up on. I'll try it out on my Wii U sometime later this week and see if I can get it to work on mine. I'll let you know how o make out.
Here are a few things of interest :
  • The firmware version of your console
  • Its region
  • Capacity (8GB 32GB)
  • Whether games are stored NAND or USB
  • The model of your external hard drive (if any)
  • How its connected (Y cable, external power supply)
  • The brand and capacity of your SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.