Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- screen glitch on boot
That's a purely cosmetic issue nobody should worry about. I even like the fact that it shows if my console boots with Tiramisu active or not.
- forwarders not working
- black screens/freezes/no video output
- vc injections not working properly
I might be wrong but these three seem to be just one bug. I agree it's a big one @Maschell and @GaryOderNichts should focus on though.
- usb hdd unplugged nag
Now that's a funny one as you have the exact same issue with CBHC, CBHC just boots so insane slow that you won't notice it. The issue i the HDDs spinning up too slow. A quick fix would be to slow down Tiramisu booting but then you would state slow booting as a bug, no?
- some homebrew incompatibility
Name the ones not working so we can either name alternatives or try to fix them.
- miimaker overide (not a problem, but most people don't like it)
Tiramisu is modular. You're free to mix the modules like you want it so just remove the one adding HBL to Mii Maker?

//EDIT: @GaryOderNichts You say the VC injects are fixed but I see new reports of GCN injects being broken (black screening/freezing/...) - and these reports seem to get more lately.

//EDIT²: @GaryOderNichts I just updated Tiramisu with the newest files, starte a GCN inect (Phantasy star online I & II): Wii U rebootet like ever, showed the Wii logo and ended in a black screen. So I'm able to confirm this bug!

Last edited by V10lator,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I don't see any way how tiramisu could posisble cause any slowdown in a game. It's not doing anything in the background (on the PPC), so this is probably a placebo?
I have now observed this further. These frame drops occur when I play Twilight Princess with the gamepad only, for example. If it runs via the TV, this does not occur. No placebo, I would say. I have not tested other games yet.

MaddaddyDonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Update your tiramisu installation, pretty sure this was fixed in a recent build.
No it's not. I've Just updated the files. Install the Retroarch forwarder again, and the first launch is oké.
Then when powering off the console, put out the sdcard, do some editing on the SD card for retroarch games. And put Sd card back in and restart the console, start the forwarder, it's stuck on this screen.
I can only start it right from the hbl menu now..
Conclusion the forwarder isn't working...

Attachments

• 73261739-57D9-4B61-AD95-58F87D78A36A.jpeg
    73261739-57D9-4B61-AD95-58F87D78A36A.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 55

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
pGyw7t.jpeg

@GaryOderNichts Can you please dig a little more in this?

Firstable I take the chance to thank you and Mashell and all collaborators in this hard and dedicated piece of work you are giving to all this community.

-I did install tiramisu few days ago, and haxchi forwarder (forwarder to padcon) didn't work ❌
-Last update fixed the Mass Effect 3 issue. Tried again haxchi forwarder, didn't work ❌
-I Uninstalled the Payloadloader, Did a factory reset on my system (lost all my games in the HDD 😂 I didn't know they won't work again on the same console), yesterday I reinstalled tiramisu with last updated files, created the forwader again, didn't work ❌

At first i thought it was issues with haxchi forwarder, but reading the forum, i see a lot of forwarders are going through the same problem.

Last edited by ArgoRV,

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe if we could find a way to load haxchi cfw with payloadloader method, it would be the ultimate sollution for now.
You have successfully described Tiramisu. A way to boot into a haxchi cfw (-ish with modification to work) with the payloadloader
Why are these install methods removed, while like Maschell himself says that's this Tiramisu CFW is the "dirty version" of Aroma?
Quick&Dirty. Dirty in comparison to Aroma and related how homebrews, modules, plugins etc are loaded. All legacy homebrew is dirty, unstable and hard as a develop to support everything. For example the Wii U Plugin System has to ship it's own embedded CFW because it was totally broken with haxchi. Things like these cause now problems.

Tiramisu barely adds new code, it's just the code of old software that is broken in serveral ways
Alright, so this is odd and probably worth noting:

I have found that GameCube games installed as individual channels in Tiramisu are incredibly finicky.
Are you sure thats a Tiramisu exclusive thing? I have no idea how these forwarder channels are implemented, but I can take a look at this.

GCN injects have always been spotty for me (black screens on launch), even on chbc and haxchi.
Thanks a good information thanks

At first i thought it was issues with haxchi forwarder, but reading the forum, i see a lot of forwarders are going through the same problem.
This has been mentioned like 5 times. You are NOT supposed to run haxchi after you've already run Tiramisu. This will lead to crashes and undefined behaviour because it re-run exploits And overrides (parts of) Tiramisu/sd loader in memory. This is true for any exploits or channels which contain exploits (Homebrew launcher channel, Retroarch etc.). The Channels are most likely "broken" and need to be fixed, it's nothing Tiramisu can really fix.

If you think haxchi fits your needs in a better way, then just use haxchi. But in the future more and more homebrew may be incompatible with haxchi and only work on newer environments

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure thats a Tiramisu exclusive thing? I have no idea how these forwarder channels are implemented, but I can take a look at this.
Yes, these games would boot without fail in CBHC every time, and now the issue is a regular thing in Tiramisu, I've tried different versions of Nintendont, as well as changing Nintendont settings, and even moving the games, all to no avail. Plus 2 others are saying they've noticed it as well.

And it's all the more strange, because Wii VC injects made with the same TeconMoon injector boot up every time without issue.

It's weird that you don't experience it, but I promise I'm not making it up.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Powerful

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Further update: After swapping out my 00_mocha.rpx with the latest one on Github, I've found that GameCube Injects will now work every time on a fresh Wii U boot. What I mean is that the GameCube games can now reliably boot every time, BUT, if I already played a GameCube inject, hit home on the GamePad to return to the Wii U menu, and then launch another GameCube game or even the same one, and I will still reliably hang on the game loading screen of Nintendont. I have to ensure that if I want to play a GameCube inject, that I haven't already played one in the same play session, and if I have, then I must properly turning the Wii U off and on again to launch another.

Its not the perfect solution, but it's working considerably better for me now than it was with the previous 00_mocha.rpx file I had.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Further update: After swapping out my 00_mocha.rpx with the latest one on Github, I've found that GameCube Injects will now work every time on a fresh Wii U boot.
Could you contact me on Github (am at 4TU, Aroma, Nintendo Homebrew, Pretendo, the Discord of my tool and so on), please ?

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Further update: After swapping out my 00_mocha.rpx with the latest one on Github, I've found that GameCube Injects will now work every time on a fresh Wii U boot. What I mean is that the GameCube games can now reliably boot every time, BUT, if I already played a GameCube inject, hit home on the GamePad to return to the Wii U menu, and then launch another GameCube game or even the same one, and I will still reliably hang on the game loading screen of Nintendont. I have to ensure that if I want to play a GameCube inject, that I haven't already played one in the same play session before properly turning the Wii U off and on again.

Its not the perfect solution, but it's working considerably better for me now than it was with the previous 00_mocha.rpx file I had.
Think that might be just a legacy problem with mocha altogether as I get the exact same problem when booting mocha the old way using the browser exploit. GC inject will run fine I exit out and try to boot another GC game and it fails to load.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think that might be just a legacy problem with mocha altogether as I get the exact same problem when booting mocha the old way using the browser exploit. GC inject will run fine I exit out and try to boot another GC game and it fails to load.
Well that's a bummer, that was certainly something CBHC never had a problem with, but it is a pretty minimal problem at the same time, at least GC injects can boot for me reliably on a fresh boot, which is a lot more than can be said of last night when I was using the previous 00_mocha.rpx file that I had.

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Further update: After swapping out my 00_mocha.rpx with the latest one on Github, I've found that GameCube Injects will now work every time on a fresh Wii U boot.
This is really strange because Mocha hasn't been updated since launch of Tiramisu in any way that could possibly affect booting into vwii
GC inject will run fine I exit out and try to boot another GC game and it fails to load.
For me it works fine. I've only tested one inject though (injected via this version)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really strange because Mocha hasn't been updated since launch of Tiramisu in any way that could possibly affect booting into vwii
Well I certainly can't explain it, but it has made a significant difference. Still the hanging on launching another game after a home button reboot is a bummer that I don't understand, but this is definitely better than what I was dealing with yesterday.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh whoops, meaned Discord. Sorry.
lol I thought that might have been the case

Anyway, I'm realizing I can turn off the Wii U completely in a GameCube game with the GamePad's power button (for some reason I guess I didn't think I could do that), so I can just do that and turn the Wii U right back on with the same button to essentially the same effect as hitting home to reboot the Wii U. This effectively avoids the hanging on loading another game bug, so I just gotta get used to that, plus it pulls up the quickstart menu again which could be useful if I want to go somewhere else right away anyway. By no means a big issue now, but it does exist all the same.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, this is a weird bug which affects a few people.
The alternative would be "wait 10 seconds for a hard drive" like the Wii U menu does.
Which makes the boot times a lot longer and causes the Wii U menu to wait even longer for a hard drive.
How? In my case I'm only having this issue when I close the system settings, by the way besides this issue, whenever I close the system settting I'm kicked off my account, not sure if this is an intended behaviour, but that never hanneped with Haxchi or standalone Mocha.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Further update: After swapping out my 00_mocha.rpx with the latest one on Github, I've found that GameCube Injects will now work every time on a fresh Wii U boot. What I mean is that the GameCube games can now reliably boot every time, BUT, if I already played a GameCube inject, hit home on the GamePad to return to the Wii U menu, and then launch another GameCube game or even the same one, and I will still reliably hang on the game loading screen of Nintendont. I have to ensure that if I want to play a GameCube inject, that I haven't already played one in the same play session, and if I have, then I must properly turning the Wii U off and on again to launch another.

Ok I hate to keep updating on this issue, but it may not be the 00_mocha.rpx file after all. It just seems to be random is ultimately what I'm finding, sometimes it will work many in a row, sometimes it seems to work on every fresh reboot, only for it to then start freezing again. Doesn't matter if the GC injects are stored on USB or NAND, it just seems random, and it's definitely not how it was in CBHC. And we're talking the same game too, it's not like certain games work and certain don't, any given game will work sometimes, and often other times will freeze when loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan