Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a good controller, although a stretch to hit the pause/start button when using the rocket barrel in dkc tropical freeze. I don't have this issue with the xbone controller, which is what I was using.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@GaryOderNichts , there's a bug with bloopair and dual sense controllers. I just paired my purple controller to the system, and I get a lot of "low battery" warnings. the battery is fully charged too. I didn't get this on the ps5. and, the power indicator on the wiiu jumps from almost no battery, to one bar, two, three, full charged. it also randomly shows the charging icon when you plug it in. something is very wrong here, and it makes playing with a dual sense almost impossible.
This is the tiramisu thread and not the bloopair thread : P
I'll need to get another DS to test this, since I have no idea what's causing this
In the meantime can you test the build attached here?

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Autoboot Module has been updated (AutobootModule-20220116-000553):

Download the latest Tiramisu package here: (tiramisu-d2adb23.zip)
https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe/package/tiramisu (Click on "Download All" and copy the files to your sd card)

Changelog:
  • Wait for USB devices to actually spin up
  • Reduce screen curruption when launching the Wii U Menu

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maschell , although the disconnected hdd message no longer appears with the quick menu enabled, I still can't launch games from external using the quick menu. it just throws me into the wii u home menu.

Reactions: Powerful

finnblue8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My RetroArch forwarder -- the one made by cucholix -- still doesn't work for me with Tiramisu on the latest patch just released. I thought I read it was supposed to be OK a couple updates ago -- mine gets stuck in an infinite loop trying to load retroarch.rpx. It works fine when launched through the Homebrew Launcher. My SD is the typical configuration -- the files are stored in wiiu/apps/retroarch/. No issues with the SD at all as far as I can tell; I just bought it three weeks ago.

Is there another RetroArch forwarder that I don't know about that works? I've been monitoring this thread for a while, and nobody has seemed to have issues after that patch that was supposed to have fixed it. I'm also well aware at this point from reading this thread that using it with Tiramisu is unstable because it uses its own exploits -- but again, I haven't seen anybody here have issues with it after that one patch.

MaddaddyDonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My RetroArch forwarder -- the one made by cucholix -- still doesn't work for me with Tiramisu on the latest patch just released. I thought I read it was supposed to be OK a couple updates ago -- mine gets stuck in an infinite loop trying to load retroarch.rpx. It works fine when launched through the Homebrew Launcher. My SD is the typical configuration -- the files are stored in wiiu/apps/retroarch/. No issues with the SD at all as far as I can tell; I just bought it three weeks ago.

Is there another RetroArch forwarder that I don't know about that works? I've been monitoring this thread for a while, and nobody has seemed to have issues after that patch that was supposed to have fixed it. I'm also well aware at this point from reading this thread that using it with Tiramisu is unstable because it uses its own exploits -- but again, I haven't seen anybody here have issues with it after that one patch.
I do. I guess nobody cares..?
No it's not. I've Just updated the files. Install the Retroarch forwarder again, and the first launch is oké.
Then when powering off the console, put out the sdcard, do some editing on the SD card for retroarch games. And put Sd card back in and restart the console, start the forwarder, it's stuck on this screen.
I can only start it right from the hbl menu now..
Conclusion the forwarder isn't working.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Autoboot Module has been updated (AutobootModule-20220116-000553):

Download the latest Tiramisu package here: (tiramisu-d2adb23.zip)
https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe/package/tiramisu (Click on "Download All" and copy the files to your sd card)

Changelog:
  • Wait for USB devices to actually spin up
  • Reduce screen curruption when launching the Wii U Menu
Just dump the files on the SD card and it is updated? Or do we have to reinstall the mod?

finnblue8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do. I guess nobody cares..?

Be toxic somewhere else...? If you doesn't have something useful to say, shut up.

Agreed. My post wasn't trying to be toxic in any way -- just trying to generate meaningful discussion.

It has been well-established at this point in this thread 36 pages in that Tiramisu does not play well with forwarders because they re-patch parts of the OS that Tiramisu has already touched. This WILL lead to instability and crashes. For me RetroArch is more a fun toy to look at than anything else; I don't use it except out of the novelty of being able to play old games from various systems on a Wii U. But I know this isn't the case for many people.

Tiramisu is a trade-off because it and Aroma are clearly the future of Wii U homebrew. In order for the Wii U homebrew scene to grow there are ways and methods that must be deprecated because they're too limiting for development -- one of these is custom forwarders on the menu for specific homebrew because they overwrite parts of the OS that Tiramisu patches when it boots. These two are just fundamentally incompatible. .ELF homebrew is the next to go -- it's been in use since the original Wii was hacked in the late 2000s. Most homebrew has already been ported to .RPX, and the programs that haven't will surely be soon as we approach the release of Aroma.

I don't love everything Tiramisu does, particularly the injection of the HBL inside the Mii Maker. I would much prefer having a custom forwarder to launch the HBL with. When Aroma releases I will also not love having every single one of my homebrew appear on the menu -- almost all my homebrew are single-use or used sparingly. But I'd much rather have my system future-proofed for when Aroma releases and have modular firmware (Bloopair on boot has revolutionized the Wii U for me) than have custom forwarders.

What do you personally value more -- the old ways or the new ways? This is the question one has to ask themselves. The old ways definitely have aspects I'd like the new ways to have, but the new ways are fundamentally incompatible with those aspects, and the old ways WILL be dying off quite soon. If you prefer the old ways, that's fine -- stick with CBHC but be prepared to be ignored when you have issues. If you prefer the new ways, that's also fine -- use Tiramisu but accept that some mainstays of CBHC will never be compatible with Tiramisu.

Reactions: MaddaddyDonkey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.