ROM Hack [Release] The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 1 English Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

morado199

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched it and did everything else as specified, but when I open the game it immediatly crashes
What am I doing wrong?

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I patched it and did everything else as specified, but when I open the game it immediatly crashes
What am I doing wrong?
You are running this off your physical Game Card, right? Can you provide further details? Luma3DS version? Firmware version?

Reactions: DarthDub

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
The one AA game that Capcom diddnt release in the west and it just had to have the sexiest box art out of the entire series :cry:

Thanks for Ep one guys and good luck on the remaining four!:grog:

Reactions: Uwabami

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I made an account just to post this, I have to say I was at least a little disappointed to find that I can't use this with my legally purchased eShop copy. Me and a bunch of my friends all had digital copies waiting for this translation, and now it seems we're screwed. Are you saying I now have to purchase the game a second time (and wait weeks for shipping) just for the sake of shutting out pirates? That seems like kind of a selfish decision to me, especially as someone who's currently on hard financial times.

I'm not angry at the team for this, in fact I'm grateful that they took the time and work to translate this game for us, but I'm really disappointed that it seems like they're actually, legitimately willing to screw people like me over (of whom there is a decent amount of) just so they can prevent a few pirates. There's even some salt in the wound with that insincere "Sorry for the inconvenience!" at the end of the FAQ that seemingly just dismisses us digital buyers. It really seems like they don't care at all. Again, I'm not angry about this, (although some of my other digital buyer friends are), just disappointed and confused over such a weird decision.
We've addressed this before, but again: We are indeed very sorry about this. There is no way for us to tell a legit eShop copy from a pirated one. I don't really get how you and your friends all bought a Japanese 3DS when Lumas (or any other CFWs) region free would have been much cheaper with physical copies. We've also been telling people for a year now that our patch will require a physical Game Card.

This is unfortunate and we've discussed this internally. Ultimately, it was more important for us to send a message and make people think about pirating a game of a series they love. There is a reason AAI2 and DGS never made it to the west and that the others are digital only.

We have no doubt someone will crack this quickly, because the protection isn't very elaborate. It's only supposed to spark a conversation - and boy it did.

morado199

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are running this off your physical Game Card, right? Can you provide further details? Luma3DS version? Firmware version?
Oh, I think the problem might be my Luma3DS verison, it's not updated to the latest version (because for some reason it won't update)

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You've asked about custom Episodes before and I told you - that's not easy to do. Use a case maker.
Have I asked? :P Sorry, so, that means there will be no custom cases made by team (not me) in this, right? I remember that there was a post about it on original thread by the team iirc..

james50a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad you guys are putting so much work into a free project like this. Surprising how many people seem to want to dictate how you guys release your work :/ . Look forward to playing the game eventually when it's fully completed if you decide to finish it.

Manuel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
patch works perfectly for me so far, thank you!
but can you re-add the DLC button? I don't really see a reason why it should be removed. I'd like to still access my DLC.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow wow wow.. I just read the whole thread and I'm shocked. Could you please stop attacking the translators? All you do is destroying any reason why they should go on and translate the other episodes.
It's their decision to share it with us and it's their decision how we can access their work. If you don't like that, please get out. They don't own you any explanation why they did anything.

And even I realized that I need a retail copy of the game, they made that pretty clear.

People work in their free time for our enjoyment and all you do is throwing rocks at them. Think what you would do in their shoes. I would be pissed and walk away.

Manuel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wow some people are very toxic and ungrateful here. so let me repeat: i'm very happy with the patch and thank you for you work! please just ignore the haters. also let me repeat the question i've had: can you re-add the DLC menu? i don't see a reason why the button should be removed :(

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Calm down, please, today is a day of celebration for every fan of Ace Attorney :(.

I repeat my compliments to the translation team. I don't share your anti-piracy vision that harms the user, but ultimately you make the translation without profit and with the aim that we enjoy a game in our language. (Well, for my language maybe I should wait a little longer hehe).

You should be aware that not everyone will be able to afford to import the game, either for money or for geographical reasons, and that obviously, like everything on the Internet, it will be pirated. You must assume that and be proud of all those who import the game from Japan as well as all those who can play it in an understandable language (Because you should keep in mind that there will be people who will support the franchise more thanks to this game, not importing necessarily)

Regards to all and sorry for my English, I'm Spanish and my English is too basic yet.
I am aware that it would be pirated, but posting the whole thing in our release thread is beyond rude.

Do what you want, homeboy, I'd like to see the game translated, but I'll manage without it
Good.

Well, technically, editing the game is itself an illegal act in some countries.
Not in mine.

That's not how the law works. There is no exemption for transformation of one file into another based on similarity when both are copyrighted...

And, chill....I'm advising you to be cautious about so strongly asserting that what you're doing is legal when it may or may not be, because the laws surrounding this shit are really grey.
I don't know about US law. I know you're versed in that - I'm not. If it makes you happy I'll take it down and require people to "obtain" the 1.1.0 patch, which would be very hard to do without doing something shady.

wow some people are very toxic and ungrateful here. so let me repeat: i'm very happy with the patch and thank you for you work! please just ignore the haters. also let me repeat the question i've had: can you re-add the DLC menu? i don't see a reason why the button should be removed :(
Why do you need the DLC menu? We didn't translate any DLC content and we probably won't do it, since there's no way to obtain those legally without a JP console

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I agree, it's irritating however, if you bought a copy JUST for this translation, you should've read the OP here. It clearly stated
The patch will require an original DGS Game Card
So you really should've read the OP for the project thoroughly before rushing to conclusions.
Sure this doesn't excuse the inconvenience of dev's choice however, it does mean that your purchase of the digital copy could've been avoided and you really only have yourselves to blame on that one.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I hope you will stop being a pathetic loser at some point - there's always hope.
I don't have a strong opinion on the AP checks one way or another, but you really are making things worse for yourself by resorting to personal insults.

I'm not going to take a stand on whether you're right or wrong in this debacle, but this message right here (plus the other snippy comments in the thread) shows me that whether you are right or wrong in this issue isn't the problem--it's your attitude towards anyone who disagrees.

You need to take a step back for a moment and just stop replying to these people. You're not doing your team members, your work, or your case any favors by saying stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work