[UPDATE] The Great Ace Attorney - Complete English Patch Released

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Uwabami, Mar 30, 2019.

1. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police

Banned
    Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I figured it out. My japanese account was automatically switched to the country of my issued credit card and I can’t change the country back until I wait 1 year. I should have used japanese google play cards instead of my credit card.

2. Uwabami
    OP

Uwabami GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    I used my credit card as well, but you have to use a Japanese address.

3. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police

Banned
    Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Does the payment get cleared if your address doesn’t match the address on your credit card?

4. Uwabami
    OP

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    Did for me... Thrice...

5. SSKRider

SSKRider Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2018
    Indonesia
    3D is nice too tho ahaha

6. Golbez194

Golbez194 Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2012
    United States
    Thanks alot for amazing translation of awesome game ))

Game on 3ds asking for update,when trying to update...it's says it's success...but still anyway try for update again! Or just ignore that update which game asking?

7. Uwabami
    OP

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    This is because your 3DS is not Japanese and cannot access the Japanese eShop for updates. Our patch is an update though, so it will stop asking for updates once it's installed.

Golbez194 likes this.
  8. SRKTiberious

SRKTiberious GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2014
    United States
    So, I'm guessing there isn't a version with names that aren't just a copy-pasta from the source? Part of the AA charm is the absolutely PUN-ishing names, and to just leave them as-is? I dunno...

9. Uwabami
    OP

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    I see you haven't changed your mind since you said you'd "be avoiding and recommending against this." I guess you have to either stick to your previous judgement or - and hear me out here: try it for yourself and maybe find out why we did what we did.

Spoiler alert: DGS is different from mainline Ace Attorney games and many characters are references to Sherlock Holmes stories.

10. Uwabami
    OP

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
  11. djnate27

djnate27 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Did you ever get an answer to your question? I too am one of the few still running Gateway. I won't likely update because it does everything I need and I enjoy the native cheat code support.
    I was hoping there was an alternative method for patching (like on a PC).

12. Uwabami
    OP

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    You should switch, since Gateway is terribly outdated - but that's your choice of course. We won't be helping you getting warez to work with a pirate flashcard though...

13. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Tried the android version on my Huawei Mate 20 and a part of the screen is choped off making it almost unplayable sadly.

14. Uwabami
    OP

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    it's normal for the screen to be aligned to the right border and keeping the 3DS aspect ratio. but if the is something missing on the right side, some phones allow forcing Full Screen or Immersion Mode in the settings, but we're also trying to fix this since Capcom won't...

15. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    My phone normally does all you to force fullscreen mode but not for this game for some reason it just doesn't show on the list of apps that can be forced full screen.

I can see part of an icon on the right of the screen and sometimes it zaps over to the left of the screen for a brief second only to then be back on the right.

Last edited by AmandaRose, May 16, 2019
  16. djnate27

djnate27 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    How do you know it's warez? I turned over a new leaf years ago and started only playing games that I've gotten off eShop or physical cartridge, hence my avatar.

17. Uwabami
    OP

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    well, Gateway is mostly for piracy, but I guess you did mention cheats. sorry if I got that wrong. You could use EmuNAND for cheating and join the rest of us in the 21st century with Luma3DS for everything else?
    You could also try the Android version, which can be emulated pretty well.

18. djnate27

djnate27 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, I’ve been using Gateway to rip my cartridges. Is it as easy to do on CFW?

19. Uwabami
    OP

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    Yes, GodMode9 is much more powerful than anything Gateway ever had.

20. TobiasAmaranth

TobiasAmaranth GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    Out there somewhere exists a copy designed for Gateway that had like, 3 or 4 extra steps done to it. @_@ Largely because of the digital manual. In addition, the sav file was also a pain, and I had to have someone else basically give a direct folder rip, then apply a Gateway friendly import for the title. So much PITA involved. >.> Not looking forward to the same hassle with #2, though having finished #1, I can say I'm at least looking forward to playing #2.