1. ComicMaster148

ComicMaster148 Angry Blackman, and amaetur game collector

United States
    just curiuos is there a time frame for when episode three releases?

2. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    @SkittleDash Bing translator has been superior for translating Japanese text for quite a while, the guide is pretty easy to follow with it.
    Edit: The two episodes were translated well, I didn't even see one typo.
    At the same time I think Shu Takumi has become too stagnant in his work, so many times the solution is already in my head but the game forces me to come to the point where the characters also understand a simple fact.
    One trigger for the last talk with Soseki in the last investigations part of episode 2 took ages to fire with no apparant reason.
    While van Zieks constantly spouts nonsense that is recognized as the truth, facts that even have evidence to back them up were made invalid by his nonsense all the time.
    This uphill battle is easy to get one involved in the court sections, it's highly redundant though.
    I know this is how the series has been since its beginning, but they should try to improve those subpar sections if they want to strive for greatness.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  3. testing123

testing123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Great game! Loved it and played it as fast as I could get it translated. Some odd bugs turned in when trying to open up the log...on several occasions they just don't record big blocks of convo and just have blank screens. Seems to happen randomly but possibly multiple talkers does.

4. Uwabami

OP Uwabami GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    That's an engine bug. Also happens in the original game and official localizations of other 3D era games.

5. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

Japan
    Is there any news on the Android version? Or are the issues bigger than expected?

Roxie Mika likes this.
  6. Phearoz

Phearoz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This is the only WIP translation I'm following right now and I absolutely loved Scarlet Study's work on DGS1. Thanks again.

My question is: so on the page releasing these 2 episodes it says you're looking for new translators? Does that mean we could expect another long wait between releases? As in did some of the team quit working on it?
    I'll keep waiting no matter what because if it was not for you guys, I would never get a chance at enjoying this and finishing the story started in the first game, but I am curious. Understand if there are no dates or estimates on completion.

7. Uwabami

OP Uwabami GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    mostly a matter of key people having the time to fix an issue.

The short answer to your question is: a project of this scope always has a certain level of turnover - we did lose some good people to burnout and factors in real life during the course of our project. It's a volunteer project and quite a lot of work, translation only being one part of it. Since DGS1 was our first project, we had to figure out how to do things first: workflow, networking, style, team management, ... These things are all figured out now, DGS2 will not take as long as DGS1 did.

If you look at earlier posts on our website you'll see that this isn't the first time we've recruited additional members, fresh blood is a good way to keep things interesting and the pace steady. But, as you noted yourself, we don't do estimates, because it's very hard to tell in a volunteer project with fluctuating real life schedules, turnover and unforeseen issues.

8. Phearoz

Phearoz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Awesome. Thanks for the reply! Looking forward.

9. Ichisuke

Ichisuke Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Thanks for you work! I'll play the game once the translation is complete. Love your work on DGS1

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Attorney, Released, Episode