Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightdex

Trophies
XP
Country
Never go on that iso site with a Android device. Oh God, the ads and popups are unbearable! I can't get to a single page!

I do apologize. I'm currently removing all redirects on that iso site. I've been viewing this community over the past few weeks. I've been taking in all of the comments good and bad and I've decided that it's time for a major reformation. I'm working alongside Craze (my administrator) to reduce the amount of images shown on the main forum page a sub sections. In the background, I've been looking at the BB and HTTP within certain advertisements to figure out where these intrusive redirects are coming from. I hope to have all redirects removed within the next 7-14 days. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused. I know how frustrating it can be viewing a forum with tons of intrusive advertisements. In the mean time, I recommend using an ad blocker on a desktop, and use TapaTalk to view the forum via mobile.

For a temporary resolve, contact myself (Nightdex) and I'll manually move you over to a user group that doesn't include advertisements.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
I do apologize. I'm currently removing all redirects on that iso site. I've been viewing this community over the past few weeks. I've been taking in all of the comments good and bad and I've decided that it's time for a major reformation. I'm working alongside Craze (my administrator) to reduce the amount of images shown on the main forum page a sub sections. In the background, I've been looking at the BB and HTTP within certain advertisements to figure out where these intrusive redirects are coming from. I hope to have all redirects removed within the next 7-14 days. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused. I know how frustrating it can be viewing a forum with tons of intrusive advertisements. In the mean time, I recommend using an ad blocker on a desktop, and use TapaTalk to view the forum via mobile.

For a temporary resolve, contact myself (Nightdex) and I'll manually move you over to a user group that doesn't include advertisements.

Neat, will do :) My username on that site, is "Lavanoid" (no quotes).

Nightdex

Trophies
XP
Country
Neat, will do :) My username on that site, is "Lavanoid" (no quotes).

The ads should now be disabled for you. I'm still making tweaks for that user group so please bare with me. The redirects will still show until you sign in unfortunately. If some of the ads still show after you sign in. Please use an ad blocker temporarily. I will update you guys once I've resolved this mess.

Reactions: WhoAmI? and Madridi

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
The ads should now be disabled for you. I'm still making tweaks for that user group so please bare with me. The redirects will still show until you sign in unfortunately. If some of the ads still show after you sign in. Please use an ad blocker temporarily. I will update you guys once I've resolved this mess.

, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out :blank: Home

Last edited by Veho,

Nightdex

Trophies
XP
Country

Madirdi just informed me. I set that user group up but I haven't set the forum permissions just yet. What I'll do for the time being, I'll put under registered user in your secondary user group. This should solve the problem you guys are encountering.

Try to view a forum section now. Get back to me if you still have any problems.

Reactions: Madridi and WhoAmI?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Madirdi just informed me. I set that user group up but I haven't set the forum permissions just yet. What I'll do for the time being, I'll put under registered user in your secondary user group. This should solve the problem you guys are encountering.

Try to view a forum section now. Get back to me if you still have any problems.
Yup, that works :D

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
help! how do i go online with an out of region CIA? im getting the please accept eula part.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
@AlbertoSONIC
So latest new git update has no rxTools.dat anymore, since it's moved to rxTools\System\code.bin
So what does this mean for newcomers who want to install latest rxTools?

No .dat file in the root anymore? (since there is no .dat file anymore)
or do we just place the code.bin in the root?

Just asking, since the quickstartguide.pdf/rxTools.pdf isn't changed yet with this new info

thanks

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup, that works :D
I have zero ads on "that ISO site" on iOS, not logged in. Hosts based blocking is convenient on mobile devices. I have no idea where it would be on Android but if you send me the hosts file for the OS, I can mod it to clear out block a ton of ad servers. (To those on iOS, and jailbroken PM me and I'll point you to the repository to download it. Also feel free to PM if you want to jailbreak and need help, or have questions about it/iOS in general.)

Last edited by Hashtastrophe,
Reactions: WhoAmI?

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have Android rooted, find AdAway. Google then XDA forum, download apk, install it, activate it, reboot, live happily ever after. Google does not allow blockers in play store for some reason ;-)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Please for the love of all that is holy reduce the mod-approval post count to a reasonable number. sheesh. Maybe 5-10 posts.

I mean, I'm already past it but god that was a hellish slog. :P I think it would definitely help the site grow.
Otherwise, thanks for the unique place and the obvious risks you take on. : )
@hippy dave
50, didn't want to go off topic anymore so I posted it here : )

/OT

rxtools is the bestest cfw, thanks! can't wait for 3.0! :P

Last edited by zoogie,

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
If you have Android rooted, find AdAway. Google then XDA forum, download apk, install it, activate it, reboot, live happily ever after. Google does not allow blockers in play store for some reason ;-)

Yeah, I've known about that method for quite some time. Remember the good olf days when Rom Toolbox had it integrated? Google made them take it down so now we gotta go to XDA Developers to get the file.
I have zero ads on "that ISO site" on iOS, not logged in. Hosts based blocking is convenient on mobile devices. I have no idea where it would be on Android but if you send me the hosts file for the OS, I can mod it to clear out block a ton of ad servers. (To those on iOS, and jailbroken PM me and I'll point you to the repository to download it. Also feel free to PM if you want to jailbreak and need help, or have questions about it/iOS in general.)

Yeah, I know where the hosts file is on Android :) I haven't rooted this particular device as some apps refuse to work if it's been modified (even with Xposed Framework, some apps use Google's API's to detect a rooted device), as such I can't replace my hosts file... Well, not unless I manually replace it in recovery IG... Meh. I'll send you my hosts file later :)

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
You could root change host file then unroot, or try a root hiding method. Works for me.

Yeah, I'll replace it via my recovery so there's no root :)

can we stay on topic??? -> rxTools ;)
Yes sir, even though it has a slight relation to this project :)

Download firm from that iso site, for rxTools. Some users may use Android devices to download the firm but they are given lots of ads and redirects. See? Hehe:3

Reactions: DjoeN

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
@pakrett

sir, just a little off topic he, just want to ask question about your thread on iso site about compilation of system cia...
i downloaded the 9.2 USA full update for n3ds...

1. how im i going to update my 9.0 n3ds to 9.2? i dont know how to use sysupdater.cia

2. the sysupdater page on git says dont run sysupdater on fw that is capable of spoofing...
i own a gateway, so to install sysupdater, i need to be on gateway sysnand mode which shows the 9.0 on system settings... am i right?

3. it is safe to install devmenu (rather than BBM) to sysnand? will this devmenu work on vanilla (stock firmware without any hax)?

thanks and have a nice day :-)

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Firefox+AdblockPlus, no root required :P
(yes, Firefox for Android supports extensions :lol:)

@AlbertoSONIC
So latest new git update has no rxTools.dat anymore, since it's moved to rxTools\System\code.bin
So what does this mean for newcomers who want to install latest rxTools?

No .dat file in the root anymore? (since there is no .dat file anymore)
or do we just place the code.bin in the root?

Just asking, since the quickstartguide.pdf/rxTools.pdf isn't changed yet with this new info

thanks
There have been A LOT of changes lately, which also means A LOT of new bugs.
For now, I recommend using the latest release, which is currently 3.0 alpha 0, but the latest unofficial "beta" release might work as well.

Reactions: WhoAmI? and DjoeN

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Firefox+AdblockPlus, no root required :P
(yes, Firefox for Android supports extensions :lol:)

There have been A LOT of changes lately, which also means A LOT of new bugs.
For now, I recommend using the latest release, which is currently 3.0 alpha 0, but the latest unofficial "beta" release might work as well.
I use latest release before the rxTools.dat to code.bin change. I boot rxTools throu Cubic Ninja, no problems for what i need it so far, but was just wondering how it worked, without the rxTools.dat if i where to try it out throu CN :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-