A new meme to motivate Roxas75:
main.php

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't have a lot of experience in IRC networks, or how people use them.
But i think i got one setup as it should be.

I assure you that you have no idea what you're doing and that you shouldn't be messing with IRCds if you have no idea what you're doing. May I recommend you just use Rizon or Freenode or some other existing network?

Reactions: mid-kid

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assure you that you have no idea what you're doing and that you shouldn't be messing with IRCds if you have no idea what you're doing. May I recommend you just use Rizon or Freenode or some other existing network?

Gotta start somewhere? I personally like the idea of setting up an IRC server from scratch, that way you can create your own rules and not have to follow whatever others dictate as allowable/disallowable on their network.

Reactions: Margen67

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

You may but i won't ;)

I'm going to research some more, and test it on a private server at home.
People will have to wait for this IRC server.
But in while i'll put this back online.

Jim~

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta start somewhere? I personally like the idea of setting up an IRC server from scratch, that way you can create your own rules and not have to follow whatever others dictate as allowable/disallowable on their network.

On the flip side, using an existing network has the added benefit of not forcing users to connect to yet another server. If all the channels I already hang out in are on freenode, it's much less annoying to join an additional channel and not have to worry about maintaining a username across multiple networks.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the flip side, using an existing network has the added benefit of not forcing users to connect to yet another server. If all the channels I already hang out in are on freenode, it's much less annoying to join an additional channel and not have to worry about maintaining a username across multiple networks.

I'm not sure what irc client you're using, but in any of the reasonably good ones, it's simply another tab or another tree branch on a side pane. I don't really see this as a huge inconvenience.

EDIT: Also, if you're NOT using whatever previously existing network, it's a moot point anyways.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not only that, but that means there's an existing redundant infrastructure instead of a single server to fail to knock everyone offline.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Can't tell how much i like this satiric pics.
So, lol.
Also, i like idea of a more free chat server, but let's avoid to make it filled with trolls.

I guess legit reasons of bans would help there :P

Reactions: Margen67

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
rxTools only has rop chain for 4.x systems so for now you won't be able to boot rxTools from 9.x sysnand with MSET. But I'm sure it might add that in the future though. For the o3DS there isn't anything using MSET on 9.x yet and only Gateway has made use of it on n3DS.

So doing anything at this point would be a waste f time?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
But it was up?

Yes, and basically there were no restrictions, just guidelines, but i had to take it down for security reasons.
When i put it back online, i will still hope that people are mature enough to follow these guidelines, but there will a few basic restrictions

Reactions: WhoAmI?
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!