Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Did you format sysnand? Was sysnand linked to your NNID? If you go through the normal format process on sysnand and unlink your NNID (aka, it asked to connect to the internet when you went to format it), then you broke NNID on emunand. You'll need to relink NNID to sysnand. But this requires updating it I think. Your best bet is to backup your emunand, create a new one based on sysnand, link that to NNID, then just overwrite it with your emunand backup.

This should effectively restore NNID access because right now your console isn't registered to your NNID on Nintendo's servers anymore. Thus the issue you are having.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you format sysnand? Was sysnand linked to your NNID? If you go through the normal format process on sysnand and unlink your NNID (aka, it asked to connect to the internet when you went to format it), then you broke NNID on emunand. You'll need to relink NNID to sysnand. But this requires updating it I think. Your best bet is to backup your emunand, create a new one based on sysnand, link that to NNID, then just overwrite it with your emunand backup.

This should effectively restore NNID access because right now your console isn't registered to your NNID on Nintendo's servers anymore. Thus the issue you are having.
I didnt do Any system format

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So we could launch Gateway exploit by using Profile DS without downgrading? :)
No, not without a considerable amount of rewriting Gateway's code.

It won't work out-of-the-box, but I'm sure once roxas releases it Gateway will add support for MSET on 7.x+ systems (if they're not already working on it).

As per the usual <6.0 requirement?
No, there's no version restrictions on Nintendo's save backup tools.

Though some games don't have access to the save tools (games that have anti-savegame-restore enabled, like Pokemon).

Reactions: Samwix

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I launch RxTools Menu (this one http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/12/1426508324-20150316-125646.jpg ) without EmuNAND?
So before launching RxTools menu by using navigator, I have to install EmuNAND before?

You can access the menu fine without having an emunand set up, you just can't boot into rxMode without an emunand (technically I think you can boot into rxMode sysnand, but that defeats the purpose of rxMode/emunand). As long as you have rxTools.dat on your SD you should be able to access the menu through the browser exploit/page.

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can access the menu fine without having an emunand set up, you just can't boot into rxMode without an emunand (technically I think you can boot into rxMode sysnand, but that defeats the purpose of rxMode/emunand). As long as you have rxTools.dat on your SD you should be able to access the menu through the browser exploit/page.
It stucks on "INITIALIZE" (I turned off the console after 5min), I'll try an another SD

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if in your emunand you have some illegit CIAs installed, they simply will not be detetched while in rxMode. The rest will work as always :)
Actually, they will be detected. They just won't run. If you have not unlinked your sysnand from emunand as things are, everything you install on emunand shows up on the sysnand home screen.

s1nharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Also, i implemented a cool function to dump/inject useful NAND files, to speedup various hacks.Some bugs are still there, but the compatibility is in a pretty good state right now, so enjoy! ^^"

So now with the new 2.3 version I can dump tickets.db from emunand and inject into sysnand? Will this allow me to activate the greyed out programs I downloaded to emunand on sysnand?
Do I have to convert to a .cia file to get this working? I don't have GW device to install .cia's, but I would love to get my eshop stuff that I downloaded on emunand over to the linked sysnand. If this is not the function of injecting ticket.db from one nand to another what is the function of this feature?

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Actually, they will be detected. They just won't run. If you have not unlinked your sysnand from emunand as things are, everything you install on emunand shows up on the sysnand home screen.
Haven't unlinked, but from the apps that I downloaded from the eshop, none appears in my sysnand.

Say, I have another question, what happens if I unlink, and inject a custom theme into my sysnand ? Does my emunand's theme change aswell ? If not, is there a way to inject custom themes into the emunand/could this be a future feature of rxTools ? :D

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't unlinked, but from the apps that I downloaded from the eshop, none appears in my sysnand.

Say, I have another question, what happens if I unlink, and inject a custom theme into my sysnand ? Does my emunand's theme change aswell ? If not, is there a way to inject custom themes into the emunand/could this be a future feature of rxTools ? :D
I was talking about CIA files, not legit eshop. And yes, with them unlinked you can have different themes. I have my sysnand with no theme and a single row of icons, while emunand has a custom theme and 3 or 4 rows of icons.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what exactly will this MSET Downgrade feature downgrade? NATIVE_FIRM? TWL_FIRM? Would it work if I have a modified SysNAND (9.x SysNAND with 4.x TWL_FIRM and 4.x DS Cart Whitelist), or does it like check the hashes of each system title before downgrading?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So what exactly will this MSET Downgrade feature downgrade? NATIVE_FIRM? TWL_FIRM? Would it work if I have a modified SysNAND (9.x SysNAND with 4.x TWL_FIRM and 4.x DS Cart Whitelist), or does it like check the hashes of each system title before downgrading?
The only thing that will be downgraded (or upgraded if you're a 4.x or 5.x sysNAND) is the settings app. Nothing more.

(At least this is my understanding of the situation.)

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only thing that will be downgraded (or upgraded if you're a 4.x or 5.x sysNAND) is the settings app. Nothing more.

(At least this is my understanding of the situation.)

Just the settings app? And downgrading it would renable the MSET exploit on firmwares as high as 9.2? I'm pretty sure that the NATIVE_FIRM patched part of the DS Profile Exploit as well, so there's got to be more to it than just the settings app, right? Or is this downgraded MSET exploit gonna work differently than the DS Profile Exploit?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have this setup right now? I think I just verified that while a TWL_FIRM doesn't break DSiWare or GBA VC from sysnand, it might actually break the use of actual DS flash carts. Did you spoof your TWL or did you go through the whole SOAP response thing and locally host your update without including the TWL_FIRM? If you spoofed the version, can you launch an NDS game from your GW blue card or DS TWO (whatever you might have)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet