Status
Not open for further replies.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just the settings app? And downgrading it would renable the MSET exploit on firmwares as high as 9.2? I'm pretty sure that the NATIVE_FIRM patched part of the DS Profile Exploit as well, so there's got to be more to it than just the settings app, right? Or is this downgraded MSET exploit gonna work differently than the DS Profile Exploit?
MSET is the DS Profile exploit. The only thing downgraded to enable it again is the settings app.

MSET was finally fixed in 7.0. So, you're probably thinking of the ARM9 hax used in 4.x.
Kind of like getting ARM11 Kernel/ARM9 through Cubic Ninja or OoT. And Spider, MiiPlaza as well, I guess. They're all just entry points for other, more powerful exploits. And you could technically also downgrade Spider to reenable but mostly pointless as you'd already have a way in the system if you're able to downgrade random titles.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
just want to clarify legit cia used in rxmode...

so does this mean our 3ds to cia converted games doesnt work in rx mode?
only those cia genarated by funkycia will run on rx mode?

jus correct me if im wrong... thanks and have a nice day...

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country

Not all funkycia-generated games will work, just the ones that have been dumped from a console which had them preinstalled.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
awww, i thought rxmode will run like gateway without a flashcard... so what are the benefits of having rx emunand without the cpacity to play dumped games?

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
awww, i thought rxmode will run like gateway without a flashcard... so what are the benefits of having rx emunand without the cpacity to play dumped games?
Access to the eshop without having to update your sysnand (in fact we can access 9.6 emunand while gateway still hasn't released their fix), region free for retail games in the upcoming releases. If you want roms you have to buy a flashcart.

dela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rxtools allows for emunand through a system up to date, this allows you to have access all'eshop to download themes, demo, old titles sega and nintendo etc.
If you need for any one to play with their backups (which are formed cia or 3ds) need for any a gateway; or maybe need for any programming skills "c" and "asm / arm" to be written to a loader and disable signature checks.

Reactions: noctis90210

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I was going to donate to this project until it became useless me. when I get a GW there will probably be a fix for 9.6. And I'll get my homebrews. Just seems stupid to have emunand so you can update if it takes away homebrew anyway. Might as well update the sysnand.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to donate to this project until it became useless me. when I get a GW there will probably be a fix for 9.6. And I'll get my homebrews. Just seems stupid to have emunand so you can update if it takes away homebrew anyway. Might as well update the sysnand.

I don't know of any homebrew that requires higher than 4.x, so with this you get to keep homebrew and eshop. You don't get roms though.

mordorer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
someone will just leak a cfw, or make a cfw with cia installer....after that all cfw will have all signature checks disabled! Just matter of months! I think no one developer wants to be the first to enable piracy!

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
If you need for any one to play with their backups (which are formed cia or 3ds) need for any a gateway; or maybe need for any programming skills "c" and "asm / arm" to be written to a loader and disable signature checks.

so it means somebody might further edit/code/modify rxmode to disable signature check?

dela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so it means somebody might further edit/code/modify rxmode to disable signature check?
For what I think this tool is already beautiful, but if one has the need for any this, there is enough material around to try to write from scratch a loader of CFW, the guys karl3ds (it's called that?) Are not certainly extraterrestrials or magicians, are simple people who are working to get a CFW, with a function more quickly than another.
The real problem that I'm asking lately is whether to buy a gateway or add some more money to buy a wii u with mario kart 8

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When initializing, it loads some essential informations from your NAND and launches the FAT fs functions.
So it can be one of these two problems.
Did you try a different sdcard? If not, it van be an issue with 5.x, since nobody here came out with that firmware, you seem to be the first.
In the second case, i'll look better at the initializing function, maybe i missed something stupid :P
It doesn't work
I'll try a new SD Card but I think it's a 5.1 issue

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I was talking about CIA files, not legit eshop. And yes, with them unlinked you can have different themes. I have my sysnand with no theme and a single row of icons, while emunand has a custom theme and 3 or 4 rows of icons.

How did you install a custom theme on an rxMode emunand ?

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's a problem with my SysNAND.
I tried a 32GB SD Card (Transcend C10) and it stucks on "INITALIZE..."
Too bad, I wanted to play some demos but I'll have to wait to purchase a GW... :(

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a problem with my SysNAND.
I tried a 32GB SD Card (Transcend C10) and it stucks on "INITALIZE..."
Too bad, I wanted to play some demos but I'll have to wait to purchase a GW... :(

You should be able to downgrade your system version by using the gw launcher.dat (launch through browser exploit and gateway-go.com or whatever the URL is). Not sure what version it downgrades to, I think I heard it was 4.2, but either way that might fix your issue.

edit: do a NAND backup (also in gw launcher) before downgrading though, always good to have one

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I prefer to not downgrade before having my GW, I want EmuNAND Classic Mode for testing some demos but here there's an issue with 5.x

I've already done a backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share