Not open for further replies.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
"Since it now is a custom firmware too, rxTools will close his sources."
You misunderstood. I'll keep the github repo updated, i'll just exclude the cfw parts.
I started this project as opensource, and i'll continue in this way, just with some limitations.
Just leave me the time to update the repo, i didn't have much time today, i gave priority to the release.

Reactions: Vappy

-LuCas-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You misunderstood. I'll keep the github repo updated, i'll just exclude the cfw parts.
I started this project as opensource, and i'll continue in this way, just with some limitations.
Just leave me the time to update the repo, i didn't have much time today, i gave priority to the release.
He intended the source of the CFW. :sleep:

I think..

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's exactly what i expected to see... An open source cfw? Too good to be true.. :(
That's too much to imagine right now.
My goal was initially that, but for now i prefer to keep it controlled as i want. I'm not any kind of dictator, i just don't want some things to happen for now with my work :/

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
That's too much to imagine right now.
My goal was initially that, but for now i prefer to keep it controlled as i want. I'm not any kind of dictator, i just don't want some things to happen for now with my work :/
Ok! Just a question: is the cfw part ARM/Thumb assembly only or is it a mix of C and assembly? I mean, is it like the leaked cfw (3 files, completely written in assembly) or is it a c file which calls assembly functions?
He intended the source of the CFW. :sleep:

I think..
Yeah i was talking about the CFW Source ;)

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the fast response time! I've got a small doubt:

If RX-S stands for sysNAND, it means it is NOT safe to update, right? I'm worried I might mess this up XD

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roxas75 what are the chances for a network interface for this? To make the 3DS a decryption slave-
I'm thinking about sharing a folder on the PC (via SMB) to fetch ROMs from there and storing the decrypted content there as well.

Would make live a lot easier for peeps who are decrypting a lot and generally keep the SD slot alive :D ... and also be a workaround for 4GB files.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that you dont have to:

1) Unplug the SD card
2) Copy your ROM onto the SD card
3) Plug the SD card back into the 3DS
4) Decrypt it
5) Unplug the SD card
6) Copy the decrypted content to your PC
7) (Maybe repeat for further decryption)

Might turn out as fast as doing everything over WiFi.
Why is the 3DS WiFi slow anyway? All I know is that the FTP applications are slow as hell, everything else works just fine no?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
It's probably a bug in a function that checks if the emunand is present. Be patient until tomorrow, i'll update the fix when i'll be home :)
Just to let you know, when I copied my NCSD header from physical location 0x3BA00000 to 0x3AF00000, emuNAND worked when previously it did not. I guess this means your program should search for 0x3BA00000 as well.

-LuCas-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok! Just a question: is the cfw part ARM/Thumb assembly only or is it a mix of C and assembly? I mean, is it like the leaked cfw (3 files, completely written in assembly) or is it a c file which calls assembly functions?

I think it is a c file which calls assembly functions

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some parts in C and some in ASM... You are stricted to use both in order to make it work.

Free stands for "legal" and "not paying", but i don't dislike the idea of the beer.

I already know the problem of the emuNand check, just wait until tomorrow, i'll be home and i'll release a fix. It's like i messed up a part of the sources while rewriting some piece of code.

Also, i don't think that decrypting through wifi is a good idea... Not to mention that it would need some sort of collaboration of arm9 and arm11... It's like a pain in the ass. And it has to be much slow.

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
Can we update emunand with RX mode? In Settings It says RX-S 9.2.0-20E.

I don't have Gateway Emunand partition

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello Roxas75 thanks for this fantastic tool. Could be possible in a future version extract and decrypt saves (like savedatafiler)?

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello Roxas75 thanks for this fantastic tool. Could be possible in a future version extract and decrypt saves (like savedatafiler)?
I completely have to study how, but i hope to make it happen.

Also, if it shows RX-S, DO NOT UPDATE!
As written in OP, that stays for sysNand, so be sure to see the RX-E before update.

Reactions: jmmc

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
I completely have to study how, but i hope to make it happen.

Also, if it shows RX-S, DO NOT UPDATE!
As written in OP, that stays for sysNand, so be sure to see the RX-E before update.

Ok, thanks! We need to have a Gateway Emunand partition, right?

Thanks for share your excellent work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?