Not open for further replies.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Now, use browserhax to launch ctrbootmanager, and launch rxtools with it.
Launch rxtools in rxmode emunand
Launch ctrbootmanager via browserhax again, this time, choose HomeBrewMenu
Load FBI and install FBI.cia.

Reboot, and go back to rxmode emunand. You should have a new file to unwrap.

Install failed!
FBI.cia
Source: SOURCE_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL (0x13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0x2f)
Press Start to continue.

No dice, also removed menuhax to make sure it wasn't an issue.

EDIT: I got it working. I installed the rxTools 12-05 version, thank for the tip. Injected the HS app with FBI.
Started the HS app and FBI booted. Installed FBI.cia to emuNAND.
Then after I saw it worked, I uninstalled FBI from HS so it returned to normal. Everything seem to work now!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-rxtools-9-2-0-20-w-unlinking-updating-online-access.409489/ - follow Part "V - Launching and Setting up CFW" but with Menuhax instead of a modified boot.3dsx

Now to once again setup autoboot.

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by linuxares,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be possible, I see that, and was the first thing I tried, but then it never worked for me, I choose RX Sysnand, hold L, and it entered sysnand without rxmenu. If choose pasta, same thing.
So I figured I have to change menuhax do type1, and when I do this, always works.

By rxMenu, do you mean the rxTools boot menu? Of course you can't access that if you're holding L to disable Menuhax. If menuhax doesn't launch, the rxTools code.bin is never launched (Which remains true regardless of type 1 or 2). If you launch rxTools boot menu, choose "Launch sysnand", and hold L, then you'll boot into rxTools sysnand. Same with pasta.

But, to avoid all confusion with what button does what, you should change the menuhax config button to " R" or something. That gives you the option to hold L to to go to rxTools menu, hold R to go to Sysnand, or touch nothing/anything else to boot emunand.

juniorcba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
By rxMenu, do you mean the rxTools boot menu? Of course you can't access that if you're holding L to disable Menuhax. If menuhax doesn't launch, the rxTools code.bin is never launched (Which remains true regardless of type 1 or 2). If you launch rxTools boot menu, choose "Launch sysnand", and hold L, then you'll boot into rxTools sysnand. Same with pasta.

But, to avoid all confusion with what button does what, you should change the menuhax config button to " R" or something. That gives you the option to hold L to to go to rxTools menu, hold R to go to Sysnand, or touch nothing/anything else to boot emunand.

By "entering sysnand without rxmenu" I wanted to mean without RXmode, my bad.
The thing is, if menuhax set to type 2, and I hold L AFTER set to enter rxmode sysnand OR pasta, it will not work. I had to disable it. I don't recall entering the boot menu, changing menuhax types just worked for me, but now that you mentioned... I think you are right. I will try!

edit: o I messed up, correcting: "if menuhax set to type 2, and I DO NOT hold L AFTER set to enter rxmode sysnand OR pasta, it will not work."
So, yes, it's cool to separate but ONLY if I hold L while booting it will trigger (or not) the menuhax, by the time I have to hold L to enter the RXTools, I already in the boot menu, hax already triggered, so makes no difference and pressing R or not and the problem still.

Here is the thing: with rxtools december nightly build, menuhax set to type2 and ctrbootmenu set up, try enter Pasta or RXmode into sysnand (not emunand), and it will reboot, show up bootmenu again (the problem lay here), you go rxtools and it goes to the emunand (clearly I wanted to go to sysnand). If you hold L WHILE BOOTING (nothing to do with rxtools boot menu, which is enabled after that holding L in the ctrbootmenu, before choose rxtools) it does not enable the hax and goes to sysnand without rxmode.

I made myself understandable now? LOL

Last edited by juniorcba,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I typed uninstall and quickly changed it to unlink, as yeah that's confusing... Sorry. I never unlinked my nands

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Installed zelda fresh to the working emunand, and the save data isn't there. damn

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nevermind, have decided I can live with losing the saves. Going to copy the working emunand to the bigger sd card and re inject cias. thanks for the help.
Doesn't sound right at all. Use savedatafiler. I bet the save is still there somewhere. Unless the reason you trashed your emunand is that you accidentally bumped your L button and tried installing Zelda to nand (no way in hell that would fit!)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got all of this working, but whenever i go into sleep mode, the console crashes in rxtools. Is there a workaround for this?

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's the latest build: rxTools_2016-01-11.cc4000b (Fixed pad generating)
I create my xorpads with Decrypt9, so I haven't tested this yet.
Use at your own risk.

http://filetrip.net/dl?2VdhbW3qfi

It does generate xorpads. You copy ncchinfo.bin to the root of the SD card.
Xorpads are gererated in the root successfully (I compared them to the ones generated by Decrypt9 - they're identical).
You simply boot into rxTools menu -> Decryption -> Generate Xorpads.
I thought it didn't work at first because it said something or other, but the xorpads were there in the root.

Edit:
It says "Error opening S!" right beside "100%" of the last generated pad (it's a minor flaw)
The xorpads are all there though

Last edited by Pacman`,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does generate xorpads. You copy ncchinfo.bin to the root of the SD card.
Xorpads are gererated in the root successfully (I compared them to the ones generated by Decrypt9 - they're identical).
You simply boot into rxTools menu -> Decryption -> Generate Xorpads.
I thought it didn't work at first because it said something or other, but the xorpads were there in the root.
FWIW, I wish you would have gone through and changed EVERY file related thing back to char instead of only fixing the xorpads. Not sure what problems are caused, but it certainly isn't good and It doesn't seem like any of my pull requests get taken seriously...

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWIW, I wish you would have gone through and changed EVERY file related thing back to char instead of only fixing the xorpads. Not sure what problems are caused, but it certainly isn't good and It doesn't seem like any of my pull requests get taken seriously...
Then like I said, and I did understand, whats the difference from the lastest Lavanoid build? You care to elaborate sir...?

You are a few commits ahead of me...

Last edited by Ripper00420,

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My cia files I installed on my O3DS, don't work on my N3ds after the system transfer.

Am I going to have to manually backup the save data for each game and reinstall them, or is their something I'm missing?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cia files I installed on my O3DS, don't work on my N3ds after the system transfer.

Am I going to have to manually backup the save data for each game and reinstall them, or is their something I'm missing?
Yea non-legit cia's dont work

SylasMc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't for the life of me get the cdn_firm.py file to actually do anything. Is there some sort of magic trick i need to perform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.