Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: Is there a way to make rxTools.dat into an actual .3dsx bootable app or .bin to boot it under CtrBootmanager?

For whatever reason I can only boot sysnand & emunand w/ patches through the old rxTools.dat + Browser method without black screening on me.

When I try any other release I just get stuck on a black screen...not w/ rxTools.dat + Browser. I just don't want to rely on an internet connection to switch to emunand.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: Is there a way to make rxTools.dat into an actual .3dsx bootable app or .bin to boot it under CtrBootmanager?

For whatever reason I can only boot sysnand & emunand w/ patches through the old rxTools.dat + Browser method without black screening on me.

When I try any other release I just get stuck on a black screen...not w/ rxTools.dat + Browser. I just don't want to rely on an internet connection to switch to emunand.
You live under a rock, don't you? ALL versions of rxtools come with a .3dsx file. There is this thing now called menuhax that can let you boot just about anything without a connection either directly, or through ctrbootmanager, or through HBL... which can be launched through ctrbootmanager or directly from menuhax. You just need a 9.0-9.2 sysnand. Get there.

Edit: and update your rxTools already. The .dat file is old news.

Last edited by urherenow,

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You live under a rock, don't you? ALL versions of rxtools come with a .3dsx file. There is this thing now called menuhax that can let you boot just about anything without a connection either directly, or through ctrbootmanager, or through HBL... which can be launched through ctrbootmanager or directly from menuhax. You just need a 9.0-9.2 sysnand. Get there.

Edit: and update your rxTools already. The .dat file is old news.

lol! If you paid any attention to my last sentence, I said that I get black screen through every other release, I apologize I wasn't being more specific...because I do mean through the .3dsx files of the latest releases, whether it's from Homebrew channel, Menuhax or Ctrbootmanager.

rxTools boots just fine, but when I decide to boot sysnand or emunand from there...I encounter a black screen, something that doesn't happen to me through the old build/browser + .dat method. Also, yes...I'm on 9.2...otherwise I wouldn't even respond to this thread for help, lol!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol! If you paid any attention to my last sentence, I said that I get black screen through every other release, I apologize I wasn't being more specific...because I do mean through the .3dsx files of the latest releases, whether it's from Homebrew channel, Menuhax or Ctrbootmanager.

rxTools boots just fine, but when I decide to boot sysnand or emunand from there...I encounter a black screen, something that doesn't happen to me through the old build/browser + .dat method. Also, yes...I'm on 9.2...otherwise I wouldn't even respond to this thread for help, lol!
You can't come from an old release without updating the required firm files.

Reactions: MelonGx

vkyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is there anyway to restore games from my old emunand to new one? i have backup for both sdcard and emunand from my old one

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't come from an old release without updating the required firm files.

I believe I did...but got black screen so I just decided to go back to the old release, because it was...well...working.

I used to get the 'Failed to load Native_Firm' error until I got the necessary files, such as the (what I think is the latest) firmkey...but get blackscreen when I try to boot sysnand or emunand from the newer rxTools.

Ronex

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello everyone !
Can someone help me ?
I have version 4.5 on my o3DS. I already installed rxtools 3.0 on my emunand, but it's the same version as on sysnand. If I update emunand through settings app to the latest version, the emunand wont boot again(it just shows the black screen) so I believe it's not supported anymore. So I have question : Can I update emunand not to the latest 10.3 version but to 9.2 or 9.4 ? If I can, will you guys tell me how?

Last edited by Ronex,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone !
Can someone help me ?
I have version 4.5 on my o3DS. I already installed rxtools 3.0 on my emunand, but it's the same version as on sysnand. If I update emunand through settings app to the latest version, the emunand wont boot again(it just shows the black screen) so I believe it's not supported anymore. So I have question : Can I update emunand not to the latest 10.4 version but to 9.2 or 9.4 ? If I can, will you guys tell me how?
Updating to latest is not breaking emuNAND

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
One of my friends is trying to update their EmuNAND to 10.3.0-28U, but no matter how they install the update (System Settings and sysUpdater), the EmuNAND softbricks. When they try to boot into EmuNAND they get the "An error has occurred, please turn off the system and try again" message. Anyone know what might cause it? NANDS are unlinked and SysNAND is 9.2

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have latest build of rxtools on myo3ds xl, wanted to inject fbi. First checked TMD, rxtools doesn't return TMD number but returns region OK. When tried to inject FBI returned completed Region: Europe Missing Health & Safety Info! - what to do then?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There IS NO 10.4 yet. Not on the US site, anyway... Latest emunand is not supported on N3DS. It is supported on O3ds and 2ds. To update N3ds to 9.5, use sysupdater and files from a certain ISO site for 3DS consoles.

You don't update ONLY the firmware files when upgrading rxTools. You update every damn thing that it comes with. This includes the .3dsx. This includes the rop (if you use MSET).
EDIT: And you need to use *HAX 2.5 with newer ones so if you use CN or .3dsx in any way, you need to update that as well. No 1.1b or HBL 2.0< (to my knowledge).

Save files (@vkyuu)... first question, do you know which folders inside of Nintendo 3ds/ belong to your emunand? Are they named exactly the same on both cards (don't just look at the first folder, but the folder inside of it as well). If so, it is as simple as copying and pasting stuff from one card to the other. If they are different, you may need to use savedatafiler.

Reactions: MelonGx and dmc310

vkyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
There IS NO 10.4 yet. Not on the US site, anyway... Latest emunand is not supported on N3DS. It is supported on O3ds and 2ds. To update N3ds to 9.5, use sysupdater and files from a certain ISO site for 3DS consoles.

You don't update ONLY the firmware files when upgrading rxTools. You update every damn thing that it comes with. This includes the .3dsx. This includes the rop (if you use MSET).

Save files (@vkyuu)... first question, do you know which folders inside of Nintendo 3ds/ belong to your emunand? Are they named exactly the same on both cards (don't just look at the first folder, but the folder inside of it as well). If so, it is as simple as copying and pasting stuff from one card to the other. If they are different, you may need to use savedatafiler.

they have different names, unfortunately i can't use save data filer as the old emunand suddenly won't boot and i have to reformat it

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they have different names, unfortunately i can't use save data filer as the old emunand suddenly won't boot and i have to reformat it
well, if you have other saves for the same games on the card that works, back them up for safekeeping, then try anyway. The worst that can happen is that it'll warn you about a corrupt save then clear it out when you load the game. Sort of a hail mary...

to be clear, you don't copy the <id0>/<id1> folders, just what's inside of them. There is a small chance they will work coming from the same console. Zero chance from 2 different consoles.

BUT: there is a semi-complicated thing you COULD do if this doesn't work for you:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/

follow this (I hope it's written well) but use savedatafiler for everything you want to save from your working nand.

EDIT: Found the one I wrote. Hope it's not against the rules to link to another forum...
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...ter-failed-transfer-NNID-already-transferred)
the only thing you need to copy (and you don't modify, in your case if it's on the same console) is the movable.sed. This will make everything in the old card work (and nothing in the new card will work anymore).

EDIT2: On the other hand, if you stay meticulous in what you're doing, you can use this as the long way around by keeping good backups of your current working emunand and SD card contents, then use this method, followed by savedatafiler to extract what you want. Then switch back to your current setup and use savedatafiler again to inject what you extracted :P

Ok, I'm done editing now :)

vkyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
the only thing you need to copy (and you don't modify, in your case if it's on the same console) is the movable.sed. This will make everything in the old card work (and nothing in the new card will work anymore).
actually im using only one card so, can i do that like this ?

1. Restore broken emunand
2. Dump movable.se
3. Restore working emunand
4. Inject movable.se to working emunand

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep backups of both, but it depends on why it's broken. Are you on N3ds and updated through system settings? Nevermind that... if you can restore the broken one and rxtools can directly dump the movable.sed even though it's broken, then yes. That's much simpler! Inject movable.sed into your working one (always keeping a backup) then it should be loading things from your older folders that you can then extract with SDF, then restore your backup again and use SDF to inject the save files.

Wow... we've come a long way since I wrote that tutorial on that other forum!

Reactions: vkyuu

vkyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Keep backups of both, but it depends on why it's broken. Are you on N3ds and updated through system settings? Nevermind that... if you can restore the broken one and rxtools can directly dump the movable.sed even though it's broken, then yes. That's much simpler! Inject movable.sed into your working one (always keeping a backup) then it should be loading things from your older folders that you can then extract with SDF, then restore your backup again and use SDF to inject the save files.

Wow... we've come a long way since I wrote that tutorial on that other forum!

IT WORKS, THANK YOU SO MUCH

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have latest build of rxtools on myo3ds xl, wanted to inject fbi. First checked TMD, rxtools doesn't return TMD number but returns region OK. When tried to inject FBI returned completed Region: Europe Missing Health & Safety Info! - what to do then?
Had the same problem. Got rxTools build 12-05 (5th of December that is) and it showed TMD and could inject etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.