Country
United States
Last edited by urherenow,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like these are important, but I have no idea what purpose they serve. Mind enlightening me?
people who (at least used to) work on other projects have got emunand working on 10.3 N3DS. That's a huge deal. Doesn't say much for when rxTools will catch up, but it puts people's minds at ease who are still wondering whether or not it can be done yet...

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people who (at least used to) work on other projects have got emunand working on 10.3 N3DS. That's a huge deal. Doesn't say much for when rxTools will catch up, but it puts people's minds at ease who are still wondering whether or not it can be done yet...

According to the twitter, they already have and will include it with the 3.0 RC.

My question now is whether or not someone with a little bit of technical know how and a willingness to experiment can get it working themselves.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the twitter, they already have and will include it with the 3.0 RC.

My question now is whether or not someone with a little bit of technical know how and a willingness to experiment can get it working themselves.
They didn't say they have it (even if they do already). They are confident they Will have it. And I have a bit of know how. You need a LOT of know how.

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished the RxTools installation, is unlinking nands necessary?
For the unlink i need to format sysnand or emunand first?

Now they are linked.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I finished the RxTools installation, is unlinking nands necessary?
For the unlink i need to format sysnand or emunand first?

Now they are linked.
You can choose which one you'd like to format, it gives the same result.
I formatted my emuNAND since it was a fresh copy and I wouldn't mind it since I wasn't losing anything.

Reactions: brkun

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can choose which one you'd like to format, it gives the same result.
I formatted my emuNAND since it was a fresh copy and I wouldn't mind it since I wasn't losing anything.

Thanks. If i format my sysnand i would have to do the coldboot configuration again, right?
Formatting emunand leaves me with just NNID setup and cia installing.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks. If i format my sysnand i would have to do the coldboot configuration again, right?
Formatting emunand leaves me with just NNID setup and cia installing.
I'm not well informed about the coldboot procedure, but yes, formatting emuNAND only leaves you with those things.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think it's better to format sysnand (with your SD card removed). Face it, you will spend most of your time on emunand to play newer games, so that's where you want all of your Mii plaza progress and save data and such. To fix sysnand again is a small pain re-linking your NNID, but the coldboot is actually trivial. All files are already on your SD card. All you need to do is open your theme settings to initialize them, then visit the web page to launch HBL (or ctrbootmanager) and run the menuhax_manager from there. Done. Well, and also make a copy of your title.db and import.db in the new folders as well and visit data management to make sure they still work on the formatted sysnand (in case you ever need to use FBI or something in sysnand).

Thanks, everything went fine here!
Going to install some cias right now.
ugg... I took too long to write. Well, if you want your old data to be on emunand instead, you can CAREFULLY swap movable.sed between nands. Dumping options in rxtools -> dump from sysnand-> rename to something else on your PC -> dump from emunand (can't remember if you can get away with removing the sd and putting it back without rebooting while in the rxtools menu... but if you can, you then inject movable.sed to sysnand in the injection options, then delete it and rename the old one back (on your PC), and inject it to emunand.

Reactions: MelonGx

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, everything went fine here!
Going to install some cias right now.
What's the TMIO driver? 3Dbrew doesnt seem to have information.
because it's not a function of the 3ds. It's what the program (rxtools, in this case) is using to know how to access the file system (nand/emunand/sdcard). Just know that it's newer than what was being used before, and a really smart Japanese guy (@173210) thinks it's a lot better. I tend to nod and agree with what he says :P

Trophies
Website
173210.github.io
XP
Country
because it's not a function of the 3ds. It's what the program (rxtools, in this case) is using to know how to access the file system (nand/emuinand/sdcard). Just know that it's newer than what was being used before, and a really smart Japanese guy (@173210) thinks it's a lot better. I tend to nod and agree with what he says :P
TMIO is an abbreviation of Toshiba Media I/O or something kind of.
Let me explain the advantage of my driver.
  • Not broken
The old one was broken, so it didn't work when it compiled for ARM state (non-Thumb state).
This prevents from optimization such as LTO.
  • Wait-for-interrupt
The new one uses wait-for-interrupt instruction to wait for TMIO. Now we don't have to spin CPU to poll the state of TMIO, so CPU can do anything else such as screenshot with less overheads.
  • Written in C
The old one was written in assembly. Nobody wants to read the source code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...