Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cearp are you able to just use the 9.3+ .cia installers on sysnand to install your purchased .cias?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Cearp are you able to just use the 9.3+ .cia installers on sysnand to install your purchased .cias?
i'm on 9.2, it's about the cfw patching the right things i believe.

i still can't install rxtools on my n3ds, it gets stuck on the screen 'please stand by'. it says less than a minute but yeah it just freezes...
anything i can do?
i have used different versions of rxtools.
can i manually install?
advice?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So no way to make the pre-installed 100% legit?
if the content is preinstalled yes.
if not preinstalled no.
read this http://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-a-legit-cia-and-other-noob-cia-questions-answered.386705/

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm on 9.2, it's about the cfw patching the right things i believe.

i still can't install rxtools on my n3ds, it gets stuck on the screen 'please stand by'. it says less than a minute but yeah it just freezes...
anything i can do?
i have used different versions of rxtools.
can i manually install?
advice?
Delete /rxTools.dat, /rxTools and 3ds/rxTools.
Grab build from http://filetrip.net/dl?H5juX6oneG. and use that (or... build the latest, but nothing too important has changed). (ninjhax folder has folder for /3ds/ if you launch via HBL. If you use Ninjhax directly, use Ninjhax 2.5)
Google the MD5: B99ADF0ADB279712367C06EB83BA9AE6 (it will be named firmware.bin)

and make it: /rxTools/firm/0004013820000002.bin

Launch directly with menuhax + ctrbootmanager, or menuhax + HBL 2.5. Or use FBI to install the appropriate 3.x MSET ROP.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Delete /rxTools.dat, /rxTools and 3ds/rxTools.
Grab build from http://filetrip.net/dl?H5juX6oneG. and use that (or... build the latest, but nothing too important has changed). (ninjhax has folder for /3ds/ if you launch via .3dsx)
Google the MD5: B99ADF0ADB279712367C06EB83BA9AE6 (it will be named firmware.bin)

and make it: /rxTools/firm/0004013820000002.bin

Launch directly with menuhax + ctrbootmanager, or menuhax + HBL 2.5. Or use FBI to install the appropriate 3.x MSET ROP.
i used that build but ok maybe the firm i found was wrong... thanks, I'll try again :)
for n3ds i only need that one firmware file? or i also need those other three too?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used that build but ok maybe the firm i found was wrong... thanks, I'll try again :)
Edited my post again. How are you trying to launch? If CN, be sure to use 2.5 and of course, the included rxTools.3dsx and not an older one. Same with MSET. Must be a 3.x ROP and FW >=6.0 should be on 6.x MSET, not 4.x.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Edited my post again. How are you trying to launch? If CN, be sure to use 2.5 and of course, the included rxTools.3dsx and not an older one. Same with MSET. Must be a 3.x ROP and FW >=6.0 should be on 6.x MSET, not 4.x.
homenuhax, ctrbootmanager loading the code.bin gets me to the installation screen.
but loading the .3dsx via homemenuhax->homebrew menu, it's the same result anyway.
stuck on installation.
I'll do your little guide when i am back on my computer.
maybe the firm file is the issue

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
homenuhax, ctrbootmanager loading the code.bin gets me to the installation screen.
but loading the .3dsx via homemenuhax->homebrew menu, it's the same result anyway.
stuck on installation.
I'll do your little guide when i am back on my computer.
maybe the firm file is the issue

That was my issue.. Except I got an error rather than it hanging..

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
? Do you have menuhax on your emunand for some odd reason? But if you did, you'd see the ctrbootmanager first, unless you set it to autoboot HBL with 0 delay.

Yea, a lot of people keep trying to use the pre-decrypted firmware.bin from reinand. That's old news.

Edit: never mind... I understand now :P

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
? Do you have menuhax on your emunand for some odd reason? But if you did, you'd see the ctrbootmanager first, unless you set it to autoboot HBL with 0 delay.

Yea, a lot of people keep trying to use the pre-decrypted firmware.bin from reinand. That's old news.
no menuhax on my emunand.
i have tried reinand and use gw so my system is ok.
probably just i used a decrypted firmware file :D
but it would be nice if rxtools told me this instead of freezing on install

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
was your issue, or is your issue? (did you fix it or not?)
:) i guess you mean you had the wrong firm file and now it is ok... maybe
What I did..

Deleted my rxtools folder and started from scratch. Downloaded a build linked a few pages back.. Found the firmware.bin with the md5.. Renamed it.. Put it in /rxtools/firm/ and then everything is now okay.

Reactions: tivu100 and cearp

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because it's not a function of the 3ds. It's what the program (rxtools, in this case) is using to know how to access the file system (nand/emuinand/sdcard). Just know that it's newer than what was being used before, and a really smart Japanese guy (@173210) thinks it's a lot better. I tend to nod and agree with what he says :P
Nodding to someone smart talking indicates the listener is also smart, I guess :evil:. Me nodding too. (Kidding)

***Whisper*** I don't understand anything from his post since I don't know anything about programming. ***Whisper***

On the serious note, is there any changes at all in the new rxTools build beside the change of driver? I am inept at reading technical writing so I can't take out any info. Need someone help clarifying.

Last edited by tivu100,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nodding to someone smart talking indicates the listener is also smart, I guess :evil:. Me nodding too. (Kidding)

***Whisper*** I don't understand anything from his post since I don't know anything about programming. ***Whisper***

On the serious note, is there any changes at all in the new rxTools build beside the change of driver? I am inept at reading technical writing so I can't take out any info. Need someone help clarifying.
nope. And the commit after that just clarifies in the readme that the Twitter account is really official, and the one after that hide away those outdated .pdf files (until they can be updated) and actually puts the readme into the release folder.

Reactions: tivu100

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Errrr guys?
I'm in a bit of a pickle here....
I had just managed to successfully downgrade my sister's 3DS to 9.2, set up the emunand and upgrade it to the latest FW.

For some unknown reason to me, Pokemon Shuffle constantly seems to be throwing up an error where I have to manually reboot the device.
Any idea how I can fix this? Otherwise, I'm gonna be grilled.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errrr guys?
I'm in a bit of a pickle here....
I had just managed to successfully downgrade my sister's 3DS to 9.2, set up the emunand and upgrade it to the latest FW.

For some unknown reason to me, Pokemon Shuffle constantly seems to be throwing up an error where I have to manually reboot the device.
Any idea how I can fix this? Otherwise, I'm gonna be grilled.
Use the save backup in settings then delete it then just redownloaded it from the eShop and save will restore then the present it opened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @K3Nv2 do you have gold hen ps4?