Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A+ for at least responding.. I'm a little frustrated, but that's no one's fault but my own. I just want to be able to use a newer nightly without a black screen... My emu is on 9.5 :P
Edit: Ok, the September build...

If you identify which ones are your emunand, rename the folder directly inside /Nintendo 3ds/ by placing _ or something in front of the name (so you can just remove it later). See if it loads emunand then.

Edit: Wait... doesn't the September build require a different firmware.bin file (renamed, of course)?
You need it renamed, in the firm folder, and it needs to have an MD5 of:B99ADF0ADB279712367C06EB83BA9AE6

does yours match? If not, google the md5 to find the correct one, place it in /rxTools/firm/0004013820000002.bin and delete your /rxTools/data folder and try again.

There is simply no way you can swap from that build to a new one without replacing ALL files (ok, ok, the patches should be the same, but not the Lang files) and using a different 0004013820000002.bin.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Kioku

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I remember that rxTools requires the same ReiNAND FW for N3DS on 0815-1002.
(0815 is the first version which code.bin replaces rxTools.dat I think)

Last edited by MelonGx,
Reactions: Kioku

juniorcba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone know a nightlybuild that shows the TMD when you try to inject FBI in to the health & Safety? The one I run now only show "Complete! Europe!" nothing more. Reason is because I had to format my emuNAND to get NNID working and therefore it deleted FBI as I made a copy of sysNAND.
rxTools_2015-12-05_08.48-a08cfdd show and inject fine, I had same problem with newest builds, gone back and injected the soab, did not tried with bbdaaea build yet.

Pasta part? Elaborate. Pasta mode boots into SYSNAND without firmlaunch. If you're using pasta mode, you aren't seeing emunand in the first place. You need to launch emunand first, then launch HBL a second time (second, if that's how you launched rxmode emunand the first time) then use FBI to install FBI.cia.
Following things I done:
1) Done exactly the parts in the guide again, doesn't work for obvious reasons. But I can atleast install FBI to SD.
2) Trying to go direct from (coldboot) Menuhax to install FBI. No dice.
3) Enter rxTools like normal, coldboot Menuhax to ctrBootManager that autostarts rxTools. From there browserhax. Browserhax then again opens ctrBootManager, I then go in to HBL and FBI install, no dice.

So right now I have no idea. I'm thinking about installing Ironfall on my emunand and see if I can get through that way alternativly remove ctrBootManager until I got FBI installed again.

Pasta Mode and SysNAND RXMode both do not work when u set homemenuhax to trigger without any button pressed, I have this issue until I learned it from myself, configure to trigger with button and pasta and rxmode boots ok into the sysnand. After I do what I want I re-enable autoboot, coldboot, whatever u want to call again, I just call "homemenuhax trigger without press of a button".
Try it!

Last edited by juniorcba,

juniorcba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just to make sure I understood you. I have to use "Type 1" instead of "Type 2"? So I have to press for example L+Dpad down to enter Menuhax instead of autobooting it?
If you want to Pasta Mode and RX Mode SysNAND both to work, yes. Idk exacty, but the system reboots when u choose these options, if you get Type 2 it will run hax again and probably mess with things RX just did...

About injecting FBi grab that rxTools version will work for sure, or try the newest, I did not tried myself.

Jonesy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noob help needed.

Been using rxtools for a while, and had no problem with it. Just now I used FBI to install a CIA, it finished and I pressed Start to end it. It then crashed, and I did a restart. Now rxtools loads, but it cannot recognise my emunand on the sd card. Is there a way of recovering it, as all the files are still on the sd card? Any ideas on what's happened?

D

Deleted User

Downgraded N3DS from 10.1 here, installed rxTools and everything is working great! Installed BBM via FBI and backed up all my game carts to SD. Though I mostly play retroarch.

Figured I'd throw in a thank you to those who have the patience to answer all of the questions in all of these threads, as generally the people with problems are the most vocal. :)

Reactions: linuxares

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to Pasta Mode and RX Mode SysNAND both to work, yes. Idk exacty, but the system reboots when u choose these options, if you get Type 2 it will run hax again and probably mess with things RX just did...

About injecting FBi grab that rxTools version will work for sure, or try the newest, I did not tried myself.

If you use type 2, you just have to hold your chosen button to boot into Sysnand. It's entirely possible to use Pasta and rxTools sysnand with menuhax type 2...

Jonesy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noob help needed.

Been using rxtools for a while, and had no problem with it. Just now I used FBI to install a CIA, it finished and I pressed Start to end it. It then crashed, and I did a restart. Now rxtools loads, but it cannot recognise my emunand on the sd card. Is there a way of recovering it, as all the files are still on the sd card? Any ideas on what's happened?
I do have a copy of the original emunand, before I'd installed any CIA's onto it. Ideally I'd like to fix the original to keep all the saves I had created.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't answer for a loong while because I need to go to sleep. But... what exactly did you install, and if you used FBI, was it set to install to SD or NAND?

Jonesy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was installing a game cia, to emunand on the SD card using FBI when it crashed and will no longer load the emunand.

I have the original emunand on a seperate smaller SD card which still boots fine. I had copied that emunand to a much bigger SD card, and installed a bunch of games/CIAs to it, which worked fine till I had this crash. I have a number of saves and installed games on the bigger card which I'd like to keep, not reinstall. I have the option of just recopying the emunand across and starting from scratch, but would really like to keep all the installed information and saves that I've created over the past few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was installing a game cia, to emunand on the SD card using FBI when it crashed and will no longer load the emunand.

I have the original emunand on a seperate smaller SD card which still boots fine. I had copied that emunand to a much bigger SD card, and installed a bunch of games/CIAs to it, which worked fine till I had this crash. I have a number of saves and installed games on the bigger card which I'd like to keep, not reinstall. I have the option of just recopying the emunand across and starting from scratch, but would really like to keep all the installed information and saves that I've created over the past few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Well, the good news is that none of your save information is in the emunand partition (except for perhaps some info about Mii Plaza stuff/street passes). They are within the Nintendo 3ds/ folders. Backup the corrupted emunand with emunandtool and label it properly on your PC, then inject your working emunand and test it out. Let me know if there is any kind of thing missing that you REALLY can't live without, and I'll help you with that. I Warn you though, it can get complicated. You would need to start by creating your nand.fat16.xorpad. Rxtools decryption options is supposed to be able to do this, but you should use the very latest build and not the one linked here.

TL;DR
If you did not format emunand to unlink your nands (since you made that backup), then you shouldn't lose much save data at all.

Last edited by urherenow,

Jonesy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the good news is that none of your save information is in the emunand partition (except for perhaps some info about Mii Plaza stuff/street passes). They are within the Nintendo 3ds/ folders. Backup the corrupted emunand with emunandtool and label it properly on your PC, then inject your working emunand and test it out. Let me know if there is any kind of thing missing that you REALLY can't live without, and I'll help you with that. I Warn you though, it can get complicated. You would need to start by creating your nand.fat16.xorpad. Rxtools decryption options is supposed to be able to do this, but you should use the very latest build and not the one linked here.

TL;DR
If you did not format emunand to unlink your nands, then you shouldn't lose much save data at all.
Ah that's good news. I'm going to try and reinstall a small cia onto the small sd, and see if the save data is still recognized. If so, I might just format the big sd card and reinstall the cia's I had. It's the save data I'm mostly concerned about.

I never did unlink the nands.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah that's good news. I'm going to try and reinstall a small cia onto the small sd, and see if the save data is still recognized. If so, I might just format the big sd card and reinstall the cia's I had. It's the save data I'm mostly concerned about.

I never did unlink the nands.
Uninstall? You mean you never unlinked them? Don't go setting up menuhax autoboot with linked nands...

Reactions: MelonGx

Jonesy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I typed uninstall and quickly changed it to unlink, as yeah that's confusing... Sorry. I never unlinked my nands

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Installed zelda fresh to the working emunand, and the save data isn't there. damn

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nevermind, have decided I can live with losing the saves. Going to copy the working emunand to the bigger sd card and re inject cias. thanks for the help.

juniorcba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you use type 2, you just have to hold your chosen button to boot into Sysnand. It's entirely possible to use Pasta and rxTools sysnand with menuhax type 2...
It should be possible, I see that, and was the first thing I tried, but then it never worked for me, I choose RX Sysnand, hold L, and it entered sysnand without rxmenu. If choose pasta, same thing.
So I figured I have to change menuhax do type1, and when I do this, always works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?