Status
Not open for further replies.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The downgrading didnt cause anything to not work u n00bs
There have actually been a lot of reports of downgraded systems not being able to run CFWs like they should be able to. Ive been using rxtools for half a year on my other 3ds and never had this problem and now 2 builds wont work properly in the same day for this system.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
There have actually been a lot of reports of downgraded systems not being able to run CFWs like they should be able to. Ive been using rxtools for half a year on my other 3ds and never had this problem and now 2 builds wont work properly in the same day for this system.
I used sysupdater to update my 4.5 3ds to 9.2 a few months ago and rxtools worked fine

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used sysupdater to update my 4.5 3ds to 9.2 a few months ago and rxtools worked fine
Sysupdater updating is exactly the same as an update through nintendos server. Downgrading is a hacky beta method that leaves on titles that arent supposed to be on the system because they were introduced in 9.3+

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Well okay but still what is the best build to use for now, because this current one crashes.

edit:

Well i am going to test out rxtools 2.6 now, if anyone can tell me a good 3.0 build that is confirmed stable then msg me about it

dradonhunter11

French o-MEGA modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well okay but still what is the best build to use for now, because this current one crashes.

edit:

Well i am going to test out rxtools 2.6 now, if anyone can tell me a good 3.0 build that is confirmed stable then msg me about it
it seem rxtools 2.6 with fbi injection don't work, at least for me

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Ever since OS X 10.6, the OS has been calculating file sizes to coincide with how HDD makers have been doing it. Bytewise it's the same but it does cause some confusion when an OS X person says one size in MB or GB and a Windows person's filesize says something different.

I also talk in the Nintendont thread and it's come up a few times where a Windows person said the ISO was corrupt because the OS X person said it was 1.46GB when in Windows it says 1.35GB. I have to intervene and tell the Windows person that OS X calculates file sizes differently and that 1.46GB in OS X = 1.35GB in Windows. What a pain when a Windows person isn't aware of the differences in OS X. Apple should have never changed it.

Any particular reason you are still using an ancient version of rxTools?
if hd manufacturers and apple do it, it sounds like the only problem is that windows hasn't changed it yet...

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have rxtools on my N3DS 9.2, but I know it's not the latest build because the past few months of builds don't work on them. Any reason why? I tried the december 5th build and it blackscreens like all the other builds.

if hd manufacturers and apple do it, it sounds like the only problem is that windows hasn't changed it yet...

No its Apple and HDD manufacturers that should change it as 1000kb is not a mb in computer storage standards. The HDD makers do it for marketing reasons, and Apple changed it so consumers that didn't know any better wouldn't complain.

Last edited by enigma85,

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like rxtools 2.6 works. I remember a few months back i used an august build on page

EDIT:

RxTools 2.6 works for me now launched through browser sysnand 9.2

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest working nightly build

DELETED!!!!

RE-HOST IT!!!!!!!!!
RE-HOST IT!!!!!!!!!
RE-HOST IT!!!!!!!!!
RE-HOST IT!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Shadow#1,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

because its inaccurate and stupid

there is 1024kilobytes in a MB its always been that on EveryOS since the start of time if anything HDD manufacturers should bump their HDD sizes to match up

Last edited by izy,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
because its inaccurate and stupid

there is 1024byes in a MB its always been that on EveryOS since the start of time if anything HDD manufacturers should bump their HDD sizes to match up
isn't this MiB not MB?
if so its not inaccurate

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
isn't this MiB not MB?
if so its not inaccurate
it goes
Byte (B) 1B
Kilobyte(KB) 1024B
MegaByte (MB) 1024kb
Gigabyte (GB) 1024MB
Terratbyte (TB) 1024GB

also no such thing as MiB there is MB megabyte and Mbs (megabits per second) which is a broadband term and is how they make you thingk broadband is fast for example 50mbs is 6.25MB in actual speed

D

Deleted User

it goes
Byte (B) 1B
Kilobyte(KB) 1024B
MegaByte (MB) 1024kb
Gigabyte (GB) 1024MB
Terratbyte (TB) 1024GB

also no such thing as MiB there is MB megabyte and Mbs (megabits per second) which is a broadband term and is how they make you thingk broadband is fast for example 50mbs is 6.25MB in actual speed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte

Note not only the increments of 1,024 for KiB/MiB/etc. in the chart, but also the increments of 1,000 for KB/MB/etc.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: izy and Kioku

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
For that build shadow just uploaded i tried it and launched through browser and it says installation successful and i cant press any buttons to continue it wont work

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
However, in the computer and information technology fields, several other definitions are used that arose for historical reasons of convenience. A common usage has been to designate one megabyte as 1048576bytes (220 B), a measurement that conveniently expresses the binary multiples inherent in digital computer memory architectures

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Can we stay on topic and talk about how the new build is not working and how to fix it instead of arguing over bytes? Thanks

edit

Yeah so it crashes after initializing then i turn it off and try again there is a black screen on bottom and rxtool screen on top and nothing loads o3ds 9.2e loaded through browser going to try july gadorach 3.0 beta build

Reactions: Kioku

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can we stay on topic and talk about how the new build is not working and how to fix it instead of arguing over bytes? Thanks
the new build from 12-05 that works lol? cant say i can stay on topic with it when i works fine.

On another note what do i do with firmware.bin generated because im trying to downgrade to the 28/9 build and i placed it in root like it said and got the stupid native firm error even though its the correct size 3.4mb

hres the 28-9 build for people btw https://www.sendspace.com/file/7o52cu

Last edited by izy,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(