Country
United States
Reactions: Margen67 and dmc310

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to unlink my EmuNAND and SysNAND. I have the Micro SD card removed, and clicked "Format System Memory". However, I keep getting an error code that a Google search tells me is related to the eShop. I have the eShop blocked on my router to prevent getting the update message repeatedly. Do I need to undo that to format my system? (If so, that seems stupid. What if I wanted to format the system, but I live somewhere without Internet access? I live in the middle of nowhere. It's just dumb luck that I have Internet here, they only started covering my area a few months ago.)

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah I found the file looking back through pages (I thought it was a lot of pages back, but it wasn't lol). I installed themehax no button mod and renamed the file boot.3dsx, it work like a charm.
Thanks a lot for your help :)
Have to give it a try also on my n3DS. Do you have reverted the MSET DG?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Should I system transfer my stuff to the systemnand or emunand on the N3DS

Emunand, if you transfer to system nand you run a brick risk that even a hard mod won't help. If you do want to transfer to system nand make sure only to have assisted cia files

Reactions: lemanuel and dmc310

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I system transfer my stuff to the systemnand or emunand on the N3DS

Emunand, if you transfer to system nand you run a brick risk that even a hard mod won't help. If you do want to transfer to system nand make sure only to have assisted cia files
That even a hard mod can't help? Never heard of that. I did my transfer to my sysnand and it failed (I chose using the network instead of SD card). Got stuck in a loop of trying to complete the transfer and failing. I got around it though (don't remember now If I ended up flashing back with my hard mod or something else...).

Anyway, what about creating a fresh emunand from his current working sysnand, transfer to it, then flash it back to sysnand using the GW menu? Does that have the same risk?

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: dmc310

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay, as of now this is where I am at:
System Transferred 3DS XL on latest firmware to O3DS on emunand
Downgraded O3DS emunand to same firmware as my N3DS

The O3DS has nothing but my purchased games and apps and only downgrader installed as cia on my emunand. So when I do system transfer I should transfer it to the Emunand portion of the N3DS XL not systemnand because of chances of being bricked

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
That even a hard mod can't help? Never heard of that. I did my transfer to my sysnand and it failed (I chose using the network instead of SD card). Got stuck in a loop of trying to complete the transfer and failing. I got around it though (don't remember now If I ended up flashing back with my hard mod or something else...).

Anyway, what about creating a fresh emunand from his current working sysnand, transfer to it, then flash it back to sysnand using the GW menu? Does that have the same risk?

Yea hard mod didn't help; @hundshamer even tried a raspberry pi and nothing would bring her back. Perm bricked.... it had to with multiple non legit cia files

Oh okay, as of now this is where I am at:
System Transferred 3DS XL on latest firmware to O3DS on emunand
Downgraded O3DS emunand to same firmware as my N3DS

The O3DS has nothing but my purchased games and apps and only downgrader installed as cia on my emunand. So when I do system transfer I should transfer it to the Emunand portion of the N3DS XL not systemnand because of chances of being bricked

You can still do system transfer to system nand with legit eshop games. Just use project pokemon for o3ds and ntr 2.0 on n3ds

CtrBootManager updated to b3. This stuff is moving so fast! I'll jump on it if/when Gateway Launcher.dat support is added.

I would love a hbc gateway launcher since I find it way more convenient to boot to hbc first and select my emu or cfw

Reactions: klear and Margen67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?