Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ported my CakeBrah changes to rxTools Brahma. This build has a 100% success rate on Ninjhax 2 and related hax (O3DS). It replaces Brahma's ARM11 hax with libkhax, adding support for Ninjhax 2 while retaining stability. It, however, does not work on N3DS yet, as libkhax will need to be updated to properly support N3DS.

Developers: Here is the pull request (and from there, the repository) if you're interested: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/pull/249
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/svfagcpcmgweu3e/rxtools.zip?dl=1
does it boot on ninjhax 1.1 on N3DS or full N3DS incompability ?

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Could you please make a list of steps? I keep getting flashing red screen on my 9.0 N3DS. Must be doing something wrong as this is the first time I am dealing with these stuff.
I didn't do anything special; it's mainly persistence.

1. Install the ThemeHax no button mod using any of the other *Hax variants.
2. Download the boot.3dsx that was attached a few pages back and put it on the root of your SD card.
3. Just keep resetting until it works.

If you've ever changed any settings in rxTools, try a clean install of that, as like I noted, any changes there cause a boot failure.

Reactions: mehrab2603

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Ported my CakeBrah changes to rxTools Brahma. This build has a 100% success rate on Ninjhax 2 and related hax (O3DS). It replaces Brahma's ARM11 hax with libkhax, adding support for Ninjhax 2 while retaining stability. It, however, does not work on N3DS yet, as libkhax will need to be updated to properly support N3DS.

Developers: Here is the pull request (and from there, the repository) if you're interested: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/pull/249
So basicly, i can now use NinjHax v2 to launch HBL and boot rxTools CFW with the zip included in your post.
or if i rename rxTools.3dsx to boot.3dsx and place it in the root of my SD and use ThemeHax i can boot straight into rxTools CFW?

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: cvskid
D

Deleted User

So basicly, i can now use NinjHax v2 to launch HBL and boot rxTools CFW with the zip included in your post.
and if i rename rxTools.3dsx to boot.3dsx and place it in the root of my SD and use ThemeHax i can boot straight into rxTools CFW?
Yes, that's right. Although it doesn't work on N3DS yet unless through Ninjhax 1.1.

Reactions: cvskid

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and if i rename rxTools.3dsx to boot.3dsx and place it in the root of my SD and use ThemeHax i can boot straight into rxTools CFW?
I think ,yes.. Try it ^^

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I would love to try, but my systems (O3DS/O3DS XL) or in for a Hardmod, so have to wait till there shipped back.
It's just awesome that i can hold "L" while booting to boot straight into rxTools CFW ;)
well. you actually can "boot straight into RxTools CFW without any user input" with a few tools poster in this thread

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country

would you mind compiling one for the old rxtools.dat? since the last stable recommended one was still 3.0b8 and most saying stay away from nightlies and it's not yet recommended

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
no problems with the injection/decyption/ of stuffs in the nand?

I'm holding off until the devs make it a official stable build to use like when with 2.6 and 3.0b8

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
no problems with the injection/decyption/ of stuffs in the nand?

I'm holding off until the devs make it a official stable build to use like when with 2.6 and 3.0b8

For the O3DS, I believe everything is fine.
For the N3DS, I think it still doesn't have that implemented. (can't test it myself)

And the devs themselves have said that the latest nightly can replace the 3.0b8 one as the recommended one.

Last edited by lemanuel,

xdaniel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Just to chime in with some results, tried it via homemenuhax/themehax on O3DS 9.2.0-20E and works fine within the current limitations of the hax (i.e. so-so boot success rate, no EmuNAND with different firmware version).

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For the N3DS, I think it still doesn't have that implemented. (can't test it myself)

And the devs themselves have said that the latest nightly can replace the 3.0b8 one as the recommended one.
Can I run it with my NEW 3DS (9.0) without Cubic Ninja , I mean... Can I run it with Theme hax Etc?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country

The latest nightlies are perfectly fine for daily usage now.

then I'm off to use the latest nightly build, thanks for the feedbacks

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even if he manages to do it, FBI doesn't work on ninjhax2 and co yet (on N3DS), same with the rxTools FBI injection, so it's pretty useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet