Status
Not open for further replies.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm guessing this is O3DS only for the moment like Cakes? I'm getting a flashing red screen on my N3DS.

Yeah, most likely O3DS only for now since Brahma 2 isn't working with N3DS yet.

which rxtools? the below b8 build rxtools.dat or the nightly buids with code.bin? :D

Most likely the nightly one.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
The one posted here? If so that's news to me

Yup, worked fine. I see the ThemeHax Github page mentions there's a build of the exploit that autoboots a 3dsx file, as opposed to holding a trigger.
Anybody know where I can find a compiled build of this?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yup, worked fine. I see the ThemeHax Github page mentions there's a build of the exploit that autoboots a 3dsx file, as opposed to holding a trigger.
Anybody know where I can find a compiled build of this?

Someone might have posted it but it's probably lost between so many posts and threads. Best way to get it is probably asking someone to compile it

Arcanuskun

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, with that ThemeHax installer, I'm back to the flashing red screen. I guess the issue lies within ThemeHax itself, and not so much the provided boot.3dsx.
Still, holding down a trigger to boot rxTools is still incredibly easy, and much faster than going to system settings, so I'm not complaining :).

I suppose if/when we get autoboot working, it'll be a great preventative measure against siblings accidentally updating sysnand!

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Also i can update on my old 3ds over the internet to 10 with the actuall 3.0 beta? or what i musst do to update?

If you're using a O3DS, you just need to make sure you're inside emunand and then updating from the option in the system settings

AileenLumina

Python main, software engineer and API designer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As themehax works for 9.0 to 10.1 afaik, I have to ask if rxTools can be booted using the new boot.3dsx on themehax.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
It seems I spoke too soon about it not working on the autoboot patched ThemeHax. It does indeed work, however the boot rate is lower. On the manual boot version, I can get that to boot basically every time. The autoboot mod boots on every third or so attempt.

True autobooting directly to emunand doesn't seem to work though. Changing *any* settings in the rxTools launcher will result in a red screen every boot. Because of this, I can't change the autoboot settings in rxTools. I've manage to confirm this by fresh installing a new copy of rxTools after the failed boots, and it then works fine. By the way, did we ever find a way to fix the installation failed message for N3DS console?

As themehax works for 9.0 to 10.1 afaik, I have to ask if rxTools can be booted using the new boot.3dsx on themehax.

If you're asking if this can be used on any firmware above 9.2, the answer is no.

Last edited by bache,

AileenLumina

Python main, software engineer and API designer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you're asking if this can be used on any firmware above 9.2, the answer is no.
Yes, that was my question. Thanks. Actually, anything else would have been surprising since themehax is a userland exploit. :D

D

Deleted User

Ported my CakeBrah changes to rxTools Brahma. This build has a 100% success rate on Ninjhax 2 and related hax (O3DS). It replaces Brahma's ARM11 hax with libkhax, adding support for Ninjhax 2 while retaining stability. It, however, does not work on N3DS yet, as libkhax will need to be updated to properly support N3DS.

Developers: Here is the pull request (and from there, the repository) if you're interested: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/pull/249
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/svfagcpcmgweu3e/rxtools.zip?dl=1

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems I spoke too soon about it not working on the autoboot patched ThemeHax. It does indeed work, however the boot rate is lower. On the manual boot version, I can get that to boot basically every time. The autoboot mod boots on every third or so attempt.

True autobooting directly to emunand doesn't seem to work though. Changing *any* settings in the rxTools launcher will result in a red screen every boot. Because of this, I can't change the autoboot settings in rxTools. I've manage to confirm this by fresh installing a new copy of rxTools after the failed boots, and it then works fine. By the way, did we ever find a way to fix the installation failed message for N3DS console?

Could you please make a list of steps? I keep getting flashing red screen on my 9.0 N3DS. Must be doing something wrong as this is the first time I am dealing with these stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...