Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, I may have screwed something up. Because of the crackling/vibrating audio I've been having with Shantae, I thought maybe it was because of emuNAND, so I went and tried sysNAND. I injected FBI into the H&S app of sysNAND, went into patched sysNAND via rxTools, installed an actual version of FBI, then used that to install Shantae. Trying it out there made no difference (still vibrating-like audio), so I proceeded to go backwards in my steps, uninstalling Shantae, then FBI, then restoring the H&S app. I went back into emuNAND to put back FBI/Shantae (having uninstalled them prior just so that I didn't have a copy already set), and what I noticed after rebooting my system and going back into emuNAND was that among all my titles that needed to be unwrapped each time, both FBI/Shantae were already unwrapped. I though "cool, I won't have to unwrap them any more". I proceeded to throw them into their own folder just for kicks, but when I rebooted by system, they showed up on my sysNAND again. Now, I understand that emuNAND and sysNAND are linked, so I'm guessing that traces of FBI/Shantae are still left after my uninstall on sysNAND, and because of that, they cropped back up?
Linked nands are very boring and responsible for a multitude of small bugs, unlink these, format one.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, I may have screwed something up. Because of the crackling/vibrating audio I've been having with Shantae, I thought maybe it was because of emuNAND, so I went and tried sysNAND. I injected FBI into the H&S app of sysNAND, went into patched sysNAND via rxTools, installed an actual version of FBI, then used that to install Shantae. Trying it out there made no difference (still vibrating-like audio), so I proceeded to go backwards in my steps, uninstalling Shantae, then FBI, then restoring the H&S app. I went back into emuNAND to put back FBI/Shantae (having uninstalled them prior just so that I didn't have a copy already set), and what I noticed after rebooting my system and going back into emuNAND was that among all my titles that needed to be unwrapped each time, both FBI/Shantae were already unwrapped. I though "cool, I won't have to unwrap them any more". I proceeded to throw them into their own folder just for kicks, but when I rebooted by system, they showed up on my sysNAND again. Now, I understand that emuNAND and sysNAND are linked, so I'm guessing that traces of FBI/Shantae are still left after my uninstall on sysNAND, and because of that, they cropped back up?

Remove SD card -> Boot 3DS -> System Settings -> Other -> Formatt system.

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone explain why rxTools won't work with sysNand 9.3 or 9.4? I know that they still have the exploitable browser (since ARCode works on them), so is it something to do with the actual updates in those firmwares?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I should unlink them. That'll fix this issue (and would that also stop having to unwrap my CIAs each time)? But, should I format my sysNAND or my emuNAND? If I do sysNAND, I'd likely have to redownload my purchases after doing that (not a problem, but I hope those not listed to buy anymore like PTC are still on there to download), but what about things like my NNID, which I have linked to my 3DS? I can still access the eShop on 9.2 with spoofing (though I haven't tried it after getting all this stuff done), but if I format, will it prevent me from logging in?

verdin551

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can you confirm you're trying to downgrade MSET on Sysnand and not on emunand?

If you run FBI from emunand, you are installing thing on "EMU" NAND image, not in the system NAND. Launch RX in sysnand mode (or better on dev mode) and do the remove/reinstall MSET thing from there.

But FBI has the option, install/delete from NAND. I'll try it and tell you what happen

I feel retarded now. Sorry for my stupid question

Last edited by verdin551,

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, so I should unlink them. That'll fix this issue (and would that also stop having to unwrap my CIAs each time)? But, should I format my sysNAND or my emuNAND? If I do sysNAND, I'd likely have to redownload my purchases after doing that (not a problem, but I hope those not listed to buy anymore like PTC are still on there to download), but what about things like my NNID, which I have linked to my 3DS? I can still access the eShop on 9.2 with spoofing (though I haven't tried it after getting all this stuff done), but if I format, will it prevent me from logging in?
Yep, unwrap bug will stop, format sysNAND or emuNAND, this is your choice. The NNID will still linked to the nand you didn't format.
But FBI has the option, install/delete from NAND. I'll try it and tell you what happen
Yes but if you launch FBI in emuNAND, the "NAND" option in FBI means emuNAND not sysNAND... Understood ?
To be clear launch FBI on sysNAND or with the devMode like @nop90 said.

I don't want to be bad but just think about what you did... You tried to downgrade your emuNAND mset, it's completly useless... ^^

Reactions: verdin551

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone explain why rxTools won't work with sysNand 9.3 or 9.4? I know that they still have the exploitable browser (since ARCode works on them), so is it something to do with the actual updates in those firmwares?
The current exploit used to launch rxTools was patched in 9.3. Without a new exploit to give us the needed services we need to get rxTools to run, there's nothing that can be done.

The current state of Ninjahax 2.0 doesn't even allow us to install legit CIAs yet. Getting custom CIAs to install and run is even further away.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Yep, unwrap bug will stop, format sysNAND or emuNAND, this is your choice. The NNID will still linked to the nand you didn't format.

Perhaps in this circumstance, if I format emuNAND, I'd load into it (duh), and go about the normal Format procedure? Since this is emuNAND, will it affect sysNAND (other than unlinking)? I don't care if I have to re-install all my stuff on my emuNAND, but by doing this, what does it mess with on the SD card? The entire thing, or just that stuff stored in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder? Anything I need to back up prior to the format of emuNAND? If I'm correct, after this whole thing is dealt with, I'd have 2 different ID folders in "Nintendo 3DS", one that sysNAND accesses, and one that emuNAND accesses? Since right now they both point to the same thing, does the format under emuNAND clear it? If so, how do I get the that ID folder back for use in sysNAND? This is kinda where the "do I need to back up anything" part goes into detail.

I question too many things here. Thanks for all your help, and all those helping me with this.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Perhaps in this circumstance, if I format emuNAND, I'd load into it (duh), and go about the normal Format procedure? Since this is emuNAND, will it affect sysNAND (other than unlinking)? I don't care if I have to re-install all my stuff on my emuNAND, but by doing this, what does it mess with on the SD card? The entire thing, or just that stuff stored in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder? Anything I need to back up prior to the format of emuNAND? If I'm correct, after this whole thing is dealt with, I'd have 2 different ID folders in "Nintendo 3DS", one that sysNAND accesses, and one that emuNAND accesses? Since right now they both point to the same thing, does the format under emuNAND clear it? If so, how do I get the that ID folder back for use in sysNAND? This is kinda where the "do I need to back up anything" part goes into detail.

I question too many things here. Thanks for all your help, and all those helping me with this.
Backup your sdcard content and format your emunand this will not affect your sysnand. I don't really understand the rest of your questions ^^ Can you separate them ?

Your emunand will create another folder in to "Nintendo 3DS".
And this folder is specific, you can't rename it and use it with another nand.

If you want to make some tests, you can backup and restore your emuNAND with emuNANDTool.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

I want to precise just in case that "format emunand here" means formating your console while in emunand, and not using the gateway "format emunand" option. :)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Backup your sdcard content and format your emunand this will not affect your sysnand. I don't really understand the rest of your questions ^^ Can you separate them ?

Your emunand will create another folder in to "Nintendo 3DS".
And this folder is specific, you can't rename it and use it with another nand.

If you want to make some tests, you can backup and restore your emuNAND with emuNANDTool.

Ok, but if I back up my SD card, then put it back in after formatting emuNAND (VerseHell, in this case, I don't mean via the Gateway launcher), wouldn't that still have all the installed CIAs set for my sysNAND? I was thinking of uninstalling them (and then backing up the SD card) prior to the format, so that my sysNAND only has stuff related to my actual purchases. I had thought about just entering the Data Management in sysNAND to force the system to clean all those CIAs out rather than do them individually myself, unless this is a bad idea. Like I said before, I don't care about having to re-install them.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, but if I back up my SD card, then put it back in after formatting emuNAND (VerseHell, in this case, I don't mean via the Gateway launcher), wouldn't that still have all the installed CIAs set for my sysNAND?
Yes.
I was thinking of uninstalling them (and then backing up the SD card) prior to the format, so that my sysNAND only has stuff related to my actual purchases. I had thought about just entering the Data Management in sysNAND to force the system to clean all those CIAs out rather than do them individually myself, unless this is a bad idea. Like I said before, I don't care about having to re-install them.
Do what you want, but don't forget to be in rxMode before enter in the Data Management !

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, but if I back up my SD card, then put it back in after formatting emuNAND ...

Backuping a SD with a lot of cia installed can be bery time consuming.

An alternate way is to rename the folder with the sys id inside of the 3ds folder (I usually add a "- " sign before the numbers), so when formatting it will be not deleted. I usually format emunand, but if you prefer formatting sysnand, it's the same.

After the format, remove the "-" sign and everything will be back. If you enter the unchanged sysnand/emunand (depending what you have not formatted) you'll have a new folder with the same sequence of number, but it has no content installed, so you can delete it and restore the old one.

After a lot of experiments, this is the fastest way IMHO.

Last edited by nop90,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Do what you want, but don't forget to be in rxMode before enter in the Data Management !

Ah, that would be better. At least it'll be the system handling it on a one-to-one basis with me at the wheel rather than it doing something I might regret. Thanks.

Backuping a SD with a lot of cia installed can be bery time consuming.

An alternate way is to rename the folder with the sys id inside of the 3ds folder (I usually add a "- " sign before the numbers), so when formatting it will be not deleted. I usually format emunand, but if you prefer formatting sysnand, it's the same.

After the format, remove the "-" sign and everything will be back. If you enter the unchanged sysnand/emunand (depending what you have not formatted) you'll have a new folder with the same sequence of number, but it has no content installed, so you can delete it and restore the old one.

After a lot of experiments, this is the fastest way INMHO.

That is also very helpful. Thanks. So it doesn't clean out the entire card (or even the entire Nintendo 3DS folder), just the folder ID associated with that nand.

Reactions: DSoryu and pakrett

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm. Can anyone on RX 3.0 PM me their data folder? I think mine's broken somehow.

I updated from 3.0b4 to b8 and I get the BOOTING ERROR screen when trying to boot rxMode. (Tried the translation build, same thing.)
The launcher works so it isn't a theme issue, it occurs with Spider and MSET, and my firmware.bin is the same from 3.0b4. However, DevMode does work. I'm on 9.2 so I don't need slot0x25.

Got it fixed by using another data folder provided by Pakrett. No more failed install warnings too! Also almost bricked the 3DS again. Honestly, I'm amazed it boots by this point what with all the crap I've done to my sysNAND.

Last edited by Hashtastrophe, , Reason: One day I'll need to install a NAND mod. Until then, yolo.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, now I'm confused. It seems there's a lot of fixes and improve and somehow I can't find even a single link. What's the latest version and where do I get it?

I'm just looking for a pure region free support for rxTools man.... :(

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Just want to say thanks for everyone that helped, and a cheer out to those involved in making these tools. Got my emuNAND unlinked from my sysNAND, so now it's just about where I want it to be. Did had a little issue with my H&S app in my sysNAND prior to my unlinking, but a restore to my sysNAND fixed it (good thing for backups). Was thinking of updating my emuNAND, but perhaps until I need a reason to do so, I'll stick with it being 9.2.

Thanks all.

Reactions: pakrett
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...