Status
Not open for further replies.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm getting the installing data screen every time I boot to rxToos -with pasta- beta 6. I'm using an old 3ds on 9.2 entrypoint spider. I've read and tried deleting the data folder inside the rxTools folder but it keeps happening. Is there another fix I'm missing? Thanks in advance!

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by pakrett,

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can someone help me i have a 3ds with rxtools 3.0b7 but i can´t boot gba games it tell me that a error has ocurred only with custom gba games the ambassador games work fine

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice, but could you do something like this for the mset downgrade part
X - 4.X MSET
Y - 6.X MSET
B - Back
?
Because right now there is no back button. :/
There never was a back button, ever, ha ha. I can add one though, along with changing the buttons. I'll do it when I wake up.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm late to the party because I was always weary about installing things through "unofficial" means, but I think I'm about ready to give these things a try, but I need some help and I have questions. I originally was going to go with Pasta, but I'm hearing it's pretty redundant compared to rxTools. My knowledge of "messing with the 3DS" revolves around the use of Ninjhax for homebrew, and spoofing my system through the browser to allow me onto the eShop from my current firmware.

I'm running an o3DS with 9.2.0-20U, and I'm looking to have the ability to install CIAs of games, homebrew, etc. Other than grabbing the latest beta (v3.0 beta 7?), what other sort of things will I be needing? What sort of things can I do, and what should I avoid doing (or more specifically, what should I stay away from within the system when it's running whatever it's running)? I don't think I want to mess with patching the AGB_FIRM unless it means I can run various GBA games not part of the Ambassador program (which I have), since CitrAGB is rather slow, even with dynarec. In fact, one of the reasons why I stayed away from such things is because of it all installing onto or modifying the sysNAND. Supposedly I can use emuNAND instead, right? But how would that work, and can I use it even though I don't have a Gateway card? Can I even put together an emuNAND from my system under 9.2 without a GW card? And would that affect the digital games I already own?

There's just so much I don't know, so I'm rather hesitant to do anything, as I might regret it if I make a mistake.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I'm late to the party because I was always weary about installing things through "unofficial" means, but I think I'm about ready to give these things a try, but I need some help and I have questions. I originally was going to go with Pasta, but I'm hearing it's pretty redundant compared to rxTools. My knowledge of "messing with the 3DS" revolves around the use of Ninjhax for homebrew, and spoofing my system through the browser to allow me onto the eShop from my current firmware.

I'm running an o3DS with 9.2.0-20U, and I'm looking to have the ability to install CIAs of games, homebrew, etc. Other than grabbing the latest beta (v3.0 beta 7?), what other sort of things will I be needing? What sort of things can I do, and what should I avoid doing (or more specifically, what should I stay away from within the system when it's running whatever it's running)? I don't think I want to mess with patching the AGB_FIRM unless it means I can run various GBA games not part of the Ambassador program (which I have), since CitrAGB is rather slow, even with dynarec. In fact, one of the reasons why I stayed away from such things is because of it all installing onto or modifying the sysNAND. Supposedly I can use emuNAND instead, right? But how would that work, and can I use it even though I don't have a Gateway card? Can I even put together an emuNAND from my system under 9.2 without a GW card? And would that affect the digital games I already own?

There's just so much I don't know, so I'm rather hesitant to do anything, as I might regret it if I make a mistake.
Gateway's launcher includes the tools to backup your NAND and create an EmuNAND. It does not require a GW card inserted to run these. Before you do anything, make a NAND backup, and copy it from your 3DS's SD card to a safe location in your computer or online storage. If you accidentally update your SysNAND, you'll need that to restore CFW functionality.
Patching AGB_Firm is required for using unsigned (custom) Ambassador games, but it much be installed to SysNAND, as redirection patches have not been developed for TWL_Firm or AGB_Firm, so they always launch from the SysNAND locations. However, DevMode in rxTools automatically patches AGB_Firm for unsigned title launching on SysNAND, so you don't HAVE to permanently install a modified AGB_Firm if you don't want to.

For rxTools, you'll also need to hunt down "slot0x25keyx.bin" in Google. As it contains copyrighted code from Nintendo, we cannot include it in rxTools. After that, you'll have mostly everything you need. Read the instruction PDF files in the rxTools download folder, and you'll find most of the instructions you could ever need.

Reactions: SMVB64 and Madridi

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i get the gift box's from havling to be reopen everytipme ip go into emunand?

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to use 2.6b because muh spider exploits. Downgraded JPN MSET to 5172. homebrew NDS has never worked for me, though one exception to that seems to be gateway's or MT-card's nds installers.
trying to use code.bin, keep getting a crash that does nothing when I go to the ds profile section of MSET.
Am I using the wrong code.bin or something?

Reactions: arm113ds

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Trying to use 2.6b because muh spider exploits. Downgraded JPN MSET to 5172. homebrew NDS has never worked for me, though one exception to that seems to be gateway's or MT-card's nds installers.
trying to use code.bin, keep getting a crash that does nothing when I go to the ds profile section of MSET.
Am I using the wrong code.bin or something?
Are you sure that your mset is downgraded ? Do you still have the NNID settings ?

Like this :

3DS%20Nintendo%20Network%20Settings.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!