[RELEASE] re_nfpii - Amiibo emulation

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A more or less accurate reimplementation of the Wii U's nn_nfp.rpl library, with the goal of research and amiibo emulation.
Requires the Aroma environment.

:!: This is still really experimental and work-in-progress!
Check the compatibility list for working games.
re_nfpii is split into a module and a plugin.
The module completely replaces all exports of nn_nfp and adds additional exports for configuration. A majority of the code tries to be accurate to what nn_nfp is doing, so don't question some of the design choices.
The plugin handles the configurarion menu for the module and some additional things which can't be added to the module.

Usage​

• Download the latest release or the artifacts of latest nightly build from here (Requires a GitHub account).
  • Copy the contents of the downloaded .zip file to your target environment.
  • Copy your (encrypted!) amiibo dumps to wiiu/re_nfpii. Subfolders are also supported and can be browsed from the configuration menu.
    Folders in the re_nfpii folder starting with a Title ID (without the -) will be automatically opened for that game (for example a folder named 0005000010144F00 - Smash Bros would automatically open for Smash Bros USA).
  • Open the plugin configuration menu with L + Down + SELECT.
  • Select one of your amiibo and enable emulation.
ℹ️ Official Amiibo figures can currently not be used while the module is loaded.
To use the figures again delete the re_nfpii.wms file from your modules folder.

Remove after​

• The remove after feature "removes" the virtual tag from the reader after the specified amount of time.

Amiibo Settings​

The Wii U Plugin System does not work in applets, such as the Amiibo Settings, yet.
This means you can't open the re_nfpii configuration while in the Amiibo Settings.
To use the Amiibo Settings, select the Amiibo you want to configure before entering them, and everything else will be handled automatically.
After returning from the Amiibo Settings, re-enable Amiibo emulation.

Planned features​

This currently just reimplements the major parts of nn_nfp and redirects tag reads and writes to the SD Card.
For future releases it is planned to have additional features and a custom format which does not require encryption.

:download: Downloads
:arrow: Source code

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, not a feature I particularly need with my trusty old Amiiqo still working strong, but a cool showcase of the potential with Aroma plugins/modules for sure. Get the feeling we're gonna start to see a lot of neat things only achievable in an environment like Aroma in the near future.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was wondering something Gary and Maschel, can many "things" be changed or improve to the system under Aroma?
I'm asking there are 2 anomalies that I condider "bugs" under a Wii-U, that weren't present under a Wii (as far as I remember):
- Be Able to Shutdown the WIIU anytime, meaning Whenever you set it off with the remote or gamepad, A wiiU that accepts any shutdown from remotes! (no freeze), I cannot remember how often I have to unplug the WiiU behind to reboot and re-launch an homebrew.
- Be able to have same screen menu and your TV AND GAMEPAD when you boot, No "Two" screen mode, just one screen like on the wii had and "controllable" TV screen with the gamepad, If I have the gamepad in hand and look the TV screen, I must put the menu on the Gamepad screen to "control", it's a kind of bug.
Was wondering how far can Aroma go.....

Concerning your tool Gary: "One Step for Amiboos....Thousands of Steps for Men" :hrth:

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Walwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In animal crossing amiibo festival, 1 player mode, I need to place amiibo to choose which will be the other three participants of the board game. But when changing the selected amiibo, the game changes the main amiibo instead of adding it as an opponent

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In animal crossing amiibo festival, 1 player mode, I need to place amiibo to choose which will be the other three participants of the board game. But when changing the selected amiibo, the game changes the main amiibo instead of adding it as an opponent
Amiibo festival wants you to tap the amiibo. So set the remove after time to something like 0.5s, and choose the amiibo you want to emulate.

Reactions: Lynx64 and Walwii

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@GaryOderNichts in the end you DID IT!!!!
Months ago I remember when you were planning to do it, and you keep your promising, even if I didn't try yet (because I didn't install Aroma till now) thank you very much for another great project that you did for this community.
Also, I was always wondering, if one day could be used the Android phone with NFC to emulate as a virtual external Amiibo will be cool as well.

Really, thank you for those amazing projects and afford that you make and did.

Cheers

Walwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@GaryOderNichts in the end you DID IT!!!!
Months ago I remember when you were planning to do it, and you keep your promising, even if I didn't try yet (because I didn't install Aroma till now) thank you very much for another great project that you did for this community.
Also, I was always wondering, if one day could be used the Android phone with NFC to emulate as a virtual external Amiibo will be cool as well.

Really, thank you for those amazing projects and afford that you make and did.

Cheers
It would be crazy to put your phone on the gamepad 😁

GaryOderNichts, Is it possible to make a folder system?
So it would be possible to separate bin files by categories

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This plugin works superb, hope it reaches mainstream aroma.
If any, a small performance bug: it's quite sloooow at file reading. It takes two seconds or so for each .bin file at the amiibo directory, a pure black screen is displayed when you open the plugins configuration screen which can last for several minutes depending on your amiibo collection.

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Version 0.1.0

Changelog:
  • Fixes a stack overflow in Mario Party 10, due to a recursion in NFCGetTagInfo.
  • Fixes the flags in nn::nfp::ReadAdminInfo. This fixes amiibo settings detecting the game data as "Data from an unknown Game".
  • Properly emulate periodic nfc polling. This is more accurate to what nn_nfp is doing.
Also all official Wii U games with Amiibo support have been confirmed as working now!

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

Lraziel2

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When I press L+down+select, wiiu stays on black screen and crashes but the sound are still normal, any solution ?
Post automatically merged:

When I press L+down+select, wiiu stays on black screen and crashes but the sound are still normal, any solution ?

Pnchrx

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Post automatically merged:

same problem:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1