ROM Hack [Release] Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal Virtual Console Wireless Linking Patches

Would you like to see documentation on how to make patches like this in the future?

• Total voters

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Only time will tell, really. I don't expect it to, because Gen II Pokémon have a different structure internally than Gen I, but who knows. Maybe Nintendo will plan ahead and have Gen II support.
But maybe Tradebacks from Gen 2 to 1(using Time capsule with this) could be used. Imagine transfering a Lovely Kiss Snorlax from the PCNY event to Sun and Moon.

Deleted member 370283

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use any homebrew app that can manage saves from games on the SD card, get the save of the game that you're transferring from, and then reinject the save into what you want to transfer to.

It's that simple.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use any homebrew app that can manage saves from games on the SD card, get the save of the game that you're transferring from, and then reinject the save into what you want to transfer to.

It's that simple.
Just make sure to not inject the secure value of the previous game's save (JKSM did this the first time I tried to transfer the save).

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just finished doing the injections. Here are the graphical ressources, if you want to use those, @Traiver ;)
If you want, I can post my CIA, I basically took yours, opened those and change banners and icons.

Here are some screenshots. This one is Pokémon Version Jaune, official VC to compare.

HNI_0006.JPG

HNI_0007.JPG

HNI_0008.JPG

HNI_0009.JPG

I forgot to take a screenshot of Pokémon Version Cristal but the quality is the same.
My text banner is not exactly the same, seems that Nintendo used a more important gap between each characters for the "Publié en 2000" on Pokémon Version Jaune.
Maybe I can improve it a bit, if you guys have any advices, I'll take them to improve the visual quality of those injections. ;)

EDIT: I just edited the ressources. It's more accurate now and my CIA use custom product code: CGB-P-PKMO (for Pokémon Version Or), CGB-P-PKMA (for Pokémon Version Argent) and CGB-P-PKMC (for Pokémon Version Cristal). The banners seems to me really neat, the model was Pokémon Version Jaune.

I'll probably share those CIA on that iso site, on Traiver thread. Feel free to add it to the OP. ;)

Attachments

• Ressources.zip
    438.5 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by Ekaitz,

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished doing the injections. Here are the graphical ressources, if you want to use those, @Traiver ;)
If you want, I can post my CIA, I basically took yours, opened those and change banners and icons.

Here are some screenshots. This one is Pokémon Version Jaune, official VC to compare.

View attachment 61201

View attachment 61202

View attachment 61203

View attachment 61204

I forgot to take a screenshot of Pokémon Version Cristal but the quality is the same.
My text banner is not exactly the same, seems that Nintendo used a more important gap between each characters for the "Publié en 2000" on Pokémon Version Jaune.
Maybe I can improve it a bit, if you guys have any advices, I'll take them to improve the visual quality of those injections. ;)

EDIT: I just edited the ressources. It's more accurate now and my CIA use custom product code: CGB-P-PKMO (for Pokémon Version Or), CGB-P-PKMA (for Pokémon Version Argent) and CGB-P-PKMC (for Pokémon Version Cristal). The banners seems to me really neat, the model was Pokémon Version Jaune.

I'll probably share those CIA on that iso site, on Traiver thread. Feel free to add it to the OP. ;)
Reuploading them isn't required since I'll fix them myself. Thanks though.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reuploading them isn't required since I'll fix them myself. Thanks though.

I slightly changed the ressources since my post and already posted on your thread on that iso site. I'll reupload the ressources tomorrow, too tired to do that right now!
Anyway, thank you again guys, you made something great happen. ;)

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow awesome work and thanks so much for this release this is amazing! Just to clarify, the link trading features work fine with red blue yellow as well or is it only for between GSC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9HgJ3SgjpA