ROM Hack [Release] Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal Virtual Console Wireless Linking Patches

Would you like to see documentation on how to make patches like this in the future?

• Total voters

danzou22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A question just for curiosity, In wich step of the first post does Traiver stop and build the cia? If I understand there are two options: let HANS patch the emulator (or rom?) with the asm patch or Traiver's cias where the patch is inside and the emulator patches the rom itself.
And did you TheStoneBanana know Z80 ASM before study the original patches and create the amazing new ones?
I really want to see the documentation of this, time ago I resigned trying to understand the patches xD

Last edited by danzou22,

Deleted member 370283

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And did you TheStoneBanana know Z80 ASM before study the original patches and create the amazing new ones?
Yes, I did know the language before I made these patches. I'm a major retro game enthusiast and I love to develop for old systems (the MegaDrive is where my heart truly lies).
It was just this past year that I began to study and actually learn GBZ80, as well as the Gameboy itself.

Reactions: danzou22

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may not be remembering correctly but what is the Crystal Emu Edition (251)? Is it just Crystal but with a 251 Pokemon patch?

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see you have the 251 Crystal hack, any plans for Crystal Kaizo?
Good work though! It's cool to know that the link patch works well for games they weren't intended for.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, this is amazing! One question though. I used the new code.bin to compile a new VC cia for one of the full color hacks, and since I changed the title ID and product code it's asking that I update it, and I couldn't find anything on how to solve the issue for a single cia. @Traiver, since you managed to fix the issue for your CIAs, could you tell me how to fix it?

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see you have the 251 Crystal hack, any plans for Crystal Kaizo?
Good work though! It's cool to know that the link patch works well for games they weren't intended for.
Yes, Crystal Kaizo is in the working.

Thanks guys, this is amazing! One question though. I used the new code.bin to compile a new VC cia for one of the full color hacks, and since I changed the title ID and product code it's asking that I update it, and I couldn't find anything on how to solve the issue for a single cia. @Traiver, since you managed to fix the issue for your CIAs, could you tell me how to fix it?
You can change that in the DecryptedExHeader

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I may not be remembering correctly but what is the Crystal Emu Edition (251)? Is it just Crystal but with a 251 Pokemon patch?
You can find any Pokémon thats missing in the wild at specific times and routes.

For example mareep is there, where it is in Silver only in the morning, IIRC.

But legendarys have a special event though, for example You can get the GS Ball in the Pokémon Center in Goldenrod City.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You did a truly amazing job with those VC... It's really amazing, thank you guys for your hardwork.

I'll create my own VC for the French release now.
Using the patched code.bin, we should probably be able to run the Pokemon Red/Blue color hack, right?

Oh and ofc, some games like Tetris would be great @TheStoneBanana ! It's always nice to play some good old games on new systems with all the features that used to exist... If only we could do that with GBA VC! Maybe a day, Nintendo will release some GBA games with built-in wireless features. :P

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did a truly amazing job with those VC... It's really amazing, thank you guys for your hardwork.

I'll create my own VC for the French release now.
Using the patched code.bin, we should probably be able to run the Pokemon Red/Blue color hack, right?

Oh and ofc, some games like Tetris would be great @TheStoneBanana ! It's always nice to play some good old games on new systems with all the features that used to exist... If only we could do that with GBA VC! Maybe a day, Nintendo will release some GBA games with built-in wireless features. :P
The french version is already out, didn't you saw that? And no, sadly we can't do that with GBA VC's because there will be never GBA VC's for 3DS.

Reactions: XRaidersP

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The french version is already out, didn't you saw that? And no, sadly we can't do that with GBA VC's because there will be never GBA VC's for 3DS.

I saw that you released it on that iso site but I prefer when it looks really official with the right font and every graphical ressources as it would be if it was official, that's it. ;)

Yea, Nintendo is just too dumb to see that GBA VC would be a good income for nearly no work... Nintendo...

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that you released it on that iso site but I prefer when it looks really official with the right font and every graphical ressources as it would be if it was official, that's it. ;)

Yea, Nintendo is just too dumb to see that GBA VC would be a good income for nearly no work... Nintendo...
I will update the banner for the other languages, too. The english version already had it.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I will update the banner for the other languages, too. The english version already had it.
I'm having issues with braindump. (Failure during dumping. Output data is incomplete!)

I still have a cxi but I don't know if it is usable. Would you mind sharing a cxi dump on that iso site or wherever you want? I'll do the French version of the CIA with good banners and share it with you, you could then post it on your thread on that iso site.

It will be my small contribution to your great project. :P

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with braindump. (Failure during dumping. Output data is incomplete!)

I still have a cxi but I don't know if it is usable. Would you mind sharing a cxi dump on that iso site or wherever you want? I'll do the French version of the CIA with good banners and share it with you, you could then post it on your thread on that iso site.

It will be my small contribution to your great project. :P
I don't use braindump, so I can't help you with this.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't use braindump, so I can't help you with this.

Did you decrypt the game using Decrypt9 and then the tools by Asia81? Tried that, CIA is decrypted but no output files with the tools, even if it seems to be successful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...