Hacking [RELEASE] Pasta CFW without Cubic Ninja - MSET (4.x old3ds)

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majora's Mask should have a legit CIA.
You didn't get all the MM N3DS hype for nothing. :P

MM3D only has an EU legit CIA. There was no US one. So, in order to play MM3D via legit CIA on your US console, you gotta do some finaggling with your emuNAND to change it's region.

My current setup is 4.x PastaCFW, rxTools US -> EU 9.7 emuNAND and a 9.2 NAND dump I swap to when I feel like tinkering with a non-CN alternative for Pasta.

lps

man with no face
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tagteam.ru
XP
Country
Maybe somebody can help me.
I'm trying run GBA VC with pasta, but my 3ds freezes on black screen. Other CIAs (3ds games) for cfw works fine.
My 3ds FW 4.5 EU, pasta 1.1.1, mset launcher from first post of this topic.

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm stuck at step 8... when I launch the MSET exploit, the system reboots giving me an error.

My 3DS is trash...I can't even launch ninjhax because it freezes on the QR code

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
*SPOILER ALERT: MASSIVE NOOBISH QUESTIONS AHEAD*

Do I have to repeat the whole process whenever I switch off my 3DS? Or will the PastaCFW be permanently installed? Sorry, I'm kinda confused on this point. EDIT: Also, how do I install the mset thingy, I already have an R4 Gold Deluxe (the one that plays 3DS roms).

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you referring to doing the DS profile then yes you have to launch it each time. But its a painless thing now as it boots everytime for us. So no more holding power button to try again.

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
Somehow I managed to get to the last part. I'm sending the devmenù cia file through the run.bat file. It looks like everything is going on well, but the 3DS doesn't receive any "gift"

edit: I'm not getting "0" as a result

edit2: now I'm getting 0, but still no devmenù installed

edit3: aw yiss it worked, thanks for the guide!

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow I managed to get to the last part. I'm sending the devmenù cia file through the run.bat file. It looks like everything is going on well, but the 3DS doesn't receive any "gift"

edit: I'm not getting "0" as a result

edit2: now I'm getting 0, but still no devmenù installed

edit3: aw yiss it worked, thanks for the guide!

Fuckin impatient....dude give it time to process it....

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Requirements

• SD Card (preferably blank, if not make sure to take a full backup)
  • A PC with an SD card reader
  • A 4.5 or lower 3DS with mset already installed using Gateway's Installer file.
Software Download Links:
  1. Format your SD card. It should be completely blank. Make sure to take a backup if you were using it for something else.
  2. In the "SD Card" folder from Palantine's CFW, you will find files such as Launcher.dat. Copy all of these onto the SD Card.
  3. Now, copy the boot.bin from PBT-CFW. There should already be a boot.bin from Palantine's CFW - delete this one and make sure you are running PBT CFW.
  4. Put the SD into the 3DS. Start the system, and let it create software management information. Now power down the system, and put the SD back into your computer.
  5. Now, in your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, and open the folder inside that. There should be another, so open that too. You should see a exdata folder.
  6. Make a new folder (not inside the exdata folder, but in the same directory as it) called “dbs”. Go into the folder and make a blank text file, named “title.db” or “import.db”. Doesn’t matter which.
  7. Put the SD back into the 3DS.
  8. Now, navigate to Settings --> Other --> Profile. WHILE HOLDING THE L BUTTON, tap DS Profile. The screen should be a DARK blue on the top. As with regular CFW, the bottom screen should ideally flash white for a moment and then load the CFW. If it doesn't, hold power to reboot the system and repeat step 9. Make sure to hold L.
  9. Now, once you’ve gotten into PBT-CFW, you’ll need your 3DS’ IP Address. You can use the tool you downloaded earlier (the network scanner) to find the devices from Nintendo. Note the IP. (usually looks like 192.168.1.1xx).
  10. Copy the DevMenu CIA you downloaded earlier into the Palantine CFW folder with run.bat.
  11. Edit the run.bat file in the Palantine CFW folder. Replace the DevMenu_2x.cia part with the name of your CIA, and the IPTOMODIFY with your IP.
  12. Code:
    installcia IPTOMODIFY 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
  13. Code:
    installcia 192.168.1.155 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
  14. Now execute the run.bat by double clicking it. It should return a result code of 0. If it doesn't, repeat steps 5-14. If it fails to connect, make sure the IP is correct and the 3DS is connected to the internet.
  15. You should now have DevMenu installed onto the 3DS.
  16. Turn off and remove your SD card.
  17. Now, in your SD card,replace Launcher.dat by the Pasta CFW Launcher.dat
  18. Stick your SD card back to 3DS and navigate to Settings --> Other --> Profile. WHILE HOLDING THE L BUTTON, tap DS Profile(Dont always need to hold the L button,just on first time).
  19. If everythings works you will boot on to Pasta CFW without Cubic Ninja!
Only works on old3ds with firmware 4.x

I´m not owner!Tutorial by:Chaldron

You might want to add the "MsetForBoss.dat" version to your archive. I've already found it somewhere else, but it might save others a search. It's especially useful for Gateway owners that don't want to use a separate card and want to keep their launcher. Of course, I'm an N3DS owner. So, for me, the Sky is practically mandatory (I don't see how people that only have CN manage to maintain their sanity, having to switch QR codes all the time and all). I'm using the CN version. I went looking for this because I'm setting up a friend's 3DS, and they only have the old 3DS XL and a Gateway. I've already got them using a second card for eShop access, so the last thing I want to do is further complicate things with a 3rd card just for DSiWare and GBA VC (it's not like they need the space with their main card being 32 GB -- DSiWare and GBA VC games are small). I can understand if you personally have no use for "MSetForBoss.dat" because you're using rxTools for your 9.7 EmuNAND (or whatever the case may be), but please consider adding it for those that do.

Also, why does every tutorial that comes out anymore want you to run out and buy a new card? It's just wasteful. PBT and Pasta don't even use RedNAND. So you don't even have to use a multi-NAND tool to have them on the same card as your 9.7 EmuNAND (not that said tool is complicated, it even has a GUI now). This tutorial is good for complete noobs. But anyone already using PBT can skip to step 17 on their existing card (just rename the old launcher in case you ever need it, though you probably won't). Likewise, if you have a Gateway, you can just install BBM/DevMenu using SysNAND mode (using BBM/DevMenu in ROM format) and skip to step 17 (but you'll want to use the "MSetForBoss.dat" version in that case, so you're not replacing your GW launcher). Also, I've never had to hold L while launching this. Not even the first time.

Thanks for uploading this for the community, and I hope you'll consider my suggestion.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
pokemon x even legit won't run on 4.5, it needs at least 6 i think, it's due to a protection built in. The spoofed non legit plays on palantine 4.5 for example but it won't save, but if anyone tested pokemon x legit on 4.5 and had other results let me know to, im curious.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Did any CARD2 games exist when 4.5 was latest? The save type may be why Pokemon X/Y don't work on 4.5 despite not being an SDK7 game. 4.5 may not recognize the save type, thus the issues when you attempt to save a game on a 4.x system.

Some people say it is because the game saves on the style that is implemented in 6.X firmware. Which makes it crash. The only proof I have is that I was able to convert a Pokemon X 3DS ROM into a CIA and it works perfectly.... Until you try to save.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 8 gig still 150 a month