Hacking [RELEASE] Pasta CFW without Cubic Ninja - MSET (4.x old3ds)

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
overall this has been the most painful hack experience I've ever had, now when i look for my 3ds ip address is my local network ip (10.0.0.x) it shows this:
SbM8hFp.png

any thoughts on this?
go to nintendo 3ds\(random crap)\(random crap) create folder named dbs, enter dbs folder, make text document, save as all files title.db and import.db(in school more help later)

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is a modified version of the OP, which was incomplete and is obviously confusing people. I've tried to make it as simple as possible, I apologise if anything is still confusing. PLEASE, PLEASE BACKUP YOUR NAND BEFORE TRYING THIS! If you don't know how you should not be attempting this tutorial.

I take absolutely no credit for this - It is almost all taken from an old tutorial by Chaldron, if you're already running Perfect Bricking Tool (it's called that for a reason, don't F about with it if you don't understand what it can do)(credit to nop90 for creating PBT) you can skip straight to stage 17.

Neither I nor GBAtemp is are in any way responsible if you brick your 3DS using this tutorial, It's all on you!

• SD Card (preferably blank, if not make sure to take a full backup)
  • A PC with an SD card reader
  • A 4.5 or lower 3DS with mset already installed using Gateway's Installer file.
Software Download Links:
  1. Format your SD card. It should be completely blank. Make sure to take a backup if you were using it for something else.
  2. In the "SD Card" folder from Palantine's CFW, you will find files such as Launcher.dat. Copy all of these onto the SD Card. Now (inside your SD card) delete "Launcher.dat" and rename "Launcher_GW.dat" to be "Launcher.dat", if you fail to do this you will get an error and forced reboot when you try to load the CFW.
  3. Now, copy the boot.bin from the PBT-CFW folder. There should already be a boot.bin from Palantine's CFW on your SD card - delete this one and paste in the PBT boot.bin to make sure you are running PBT CFW.
  4. Put the SD into the 3DS. Start the system, and let it create software management information. Now power down the system, and put the SD back into your computer.
  5. Now, in your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, and open the folder (folder name is random numbers and letters) inside that. There should be another, so open that too. You should see a extdata folder.
  6. Make a new folder (not inside the extdata folder, but in the same directory as it) called “dbs”. Go into the folder and make a blank text file, named “title.db”
  7. Put the SD back into the 3DS, poer on go to Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software. It will ask to reset data, just say yes and then exit back to first Settings page.
  8. Now, navigate to Settings --> Other --> Profile. WHILE HOLDING THE L BUTTON, tap DS Profile. The screen should be a DARK blue on the top. As with regular CFW, the bottom screen should ideally flash white for a moment and then load the CFW. If it doesn't, hold power to reboot the system and repeat step 9. Make sure to hold L.
  9. Now, once you’ve gotten into PBT-CFW, you’ll need your 3DS’ IP Address. You can use the tool you downloaded earlier (the network scanner) to find the devices from Nintendo. Note the IP. (usually looks like 192.168.1.1xx).
  10. Copy the DevMenu_2x.cia you downloaded earlier into the main Palantine CFW folder along with run.bat, ctr-client etc.
  11. Edit the run.bat file in the Palantine CFW folder to reflect your IP. Replace IPTOMODIFY with your 3DS IP which you got from the network scanner.
  12. The run.bat looks like this when you first open it:
    installcia IPTOMODIFY 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
  13. You need to change it to
    installcia <your 3DS IP address> 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
It will look something like this: installcia 192.168.1.1XX 1 DevMenu_2x.cia

when you're done remember to save the run.bat you just edited.

14. Now execute the run.bat by double clicking it. It should return a result code of 0. If it doesn't, repeat steps 5-14. If it says "failed to connect", make sure the IP is correct and the 3DS is connected to the internet (check the network scanner after booting into CFW), you can also try turning of Windows firewall, or any router firewalls you have.
15. You should now have DevMenu (or BigBlueMenu depending on which you chose to install) installed onto the 3DS.
16. Reboot
17. Remove your SD card, put it back in your PC and replace the existing Launcher.dat with the Pasta CFW Launcher.dat
18. Put the SD card back in your 3DS, go Settings>Other Settings> Profile then hold L and hit Nintendo DS Profile.
19. If everything worked you will boot on to Pasta CFW and be able to use DevMenu to install .cia files BE CAREFUL! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING YOU CAN BRICK YOUR 3DS! YOU WILL BE INSTALLING TO SYSNAND!

Hope this makes things clearer for people.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a modified version of the OP, which was incomplete and is obviously confusing people. PLEASE, PLEASE BACKUP YOUR NAND BEFORE TRYING THIS! If you don't know how you should not be attempting this tutorial.

I take absolutely no credit for this - It is almost all taken from an old tutorial by Chaldron, if you're already running Perfect Bricking Tool (it's called that for a reason, don't F about with it if you don't understand what it can do)(credit to nop90 for creating PBT) you can skip straight to stage 17.

Neither I nor GBAtemp is are in any way responsible if you brick your 3DS using this tutorial, It's all on you!

• SD Card (preferably blank, if not make sure to take a full backup)
  • A PC with an SD card reader
  • A 4.5 or lower 3DS with mset already installed using Gateway's Installer file.
Software Download Links:

1. Format your SD card. It should be completely blank. Make sure to take a backup if you were using it for something else.
  2. In the "SD Card" folder from Palantine's CFW, you will find files such as Launcher.dat. Copy all of these onto the SD Card. Now (inside your SD card) delete "Launcher.dat" and rename "Launcher_GW.dat" to be "Launcher.dat", if you fail to do this you will get an error and forced reboot when you try to load the CFW.
  3. Now, copy the boot.bin from PBT-CFW. There should already be a boot.bin from Palantine's CFW - delete this one and make sure you are running PBT CFW.
  4. Put the SD into the 3DS. Start the system, and let it create software management information. Now power down the system, and put the SD back into your computer.
  5. Now, in your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, and open the folder (folder name is random numbers and letters) inside that. There should be another, so open that too. You should see a extdata folder.
  6. Make a new folder (not inside the extdata folder, but in the same directory as it) called “dbs”. Go into the folder and make a blank text file, named “title.db”
  7. Put the SD back into the 3DS, poer on go to Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software. It will ask to reset data, just say yes and then exit back to first Settings page.
  8. Now, navigate to Settings --> Other --> Profile. WHILE HOLDING THE L BUTTON, tap DS Profile. The screen should be a DARK blue on the top. As with regular CFW, the bottom screen should ideally flash white for a moment and then load the CFW. If it doesn't, hold power to reboot the system and repeat step 9. Make sure to hold L.
  9. Now, once you’ve gotten into PBT-CFW, you’ll need your 3DS’ IP Address. You can use the tool you downloaded earlier (the network scanner) to find the devices from Nintendo. Note the IP. (usually looks like 192.168.1.1xx).
  10. Copy the DevMenu CIA you downloaded earlier into the main Palantine CFW folder along with run.bat, ctr-client etc.
  11. Edit the run.bat file in the Palantine CFW folder to reflect your IP and the .cia you are installing. Replace the DevMenu_2x.cia part with the exact filename of your CIA , and replace IPTOMODIFY with your 3DS IP which you got from the network scanner.
  12. The run.bat looks like this when you first open it:
    installcia IPTOMODIFY 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
  13. You need to change it to
    installcia <your 3DS IP address> 1 <actual filename of .cia you are installing>
It will look something like this: installcia 192.168.1.1XX 1 DevMenu_2x.cia

when you're done remember to save the run.bat you just edited.

14. Now execute the run.bat by double clicking it. It should return a result code of 0. If it doesn't, repeat steps 5-14. If it says "failed to connect", make sure the IP is correct and the 3DS is connected to the internet (check the network scanner after booting into CFW), you can also try turning of Windows firewall, or any router firewalls you have.
15. You should now have DevMenu (or BigBlueMenu depending on which you chose to install) installed onto the 3DS.
16. Reboot
17. Remove your SD card, put it back in your PC and replace the existing Launcher.dat with the Pasta CFW Launcher.dat
18. Put the SD card back in your 3DS, go Settings>Other Settings> Profile then hold L and hit Nintendo DS Profile.
19. If everything worked you will boot on to Pasta CFW and be able to use DevMenu to install .cia files BE CAREFUL! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING YOU CAN BRICK YOUR 3DS! YOU WILL BE INSTALLING TO SYSNAND!

Hope this makes things clearer for people.

Sorry for the quote, it makes it much easier to find.
Thanks for this. I have to reformat my SD card right now and do this again. I won't be doing the ctrclient though since it doesn't work.
But I still don't get the Software data reset from the OP, so that's why I reformat my SD card when I'm back home and follow this tutorial you posted instead.

This should be updated in the OP.

EDIT: Will ctrclient work in a VM? We have Linux here and I won't be home in a while...
I guess I can try.

Reactions: davhuit

Player615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Thank you :yay:.
it's the same way to install CFW but finaly you should replace your Launcher.dat by this new :lol:

Retronix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is you don't read the tutorials. What about the part regarding the dbs folder?

actually the folder and both files were there, what i had to do was go to the settings menu, data management, 3ds software, let the system reset the sd card and execute the exploit again. its not my fault this guide is incomplete and in-comprehensive at best. but thanks for the help anyways, I know what is like to deal with non-reading noobs.

go to nintendo 3ds\(random crap)\(random crap) create folder named dbs, enter dbs folder, make text document, save as all files title.db and import.db(in school more help later)

thanks for your help and patience too.

mgrev

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
actually the folder and both files were there, what i had to do was go to the settings menu, data management, 3ds software, let the system reset the sd card and execute the exploit again. its not my fault this guide is incomplete and in-comprehensive at best. but thanks for the help anyways, I know what is like to deal with non-reading noobs.

thanks for your help and patience too.
did it work for you now?

Reactions: Retronix

mgrev

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Like a charm!

quick question, how do i deal with games that need 4.5+ firmware to run?, is there another guide or method for that?
well either you would have to use pasta cfw for a newer system version, or you could just install legit cia's (preinstalled ones) with PBT-CFW (modified boot.bin) and use rxtools for emunand

Reactions: Retronix

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Like a charm!

quick question, how do i deal with games that need 4.5+ firmware to run?, is there another guide or method for that?

If I understand correctly, if you're using the following CFW(s) :

- Palantine
- PBT-CFW
- PastaCFW (MSET)

You can only run 4.X firmware games. With some exceptions.

----------------------------------------

The stuff below can make you run nearly everything, with some exceptions.

- Gateway (emuNAND / CubicNinja+Pasta)
- PastaCFW (Cubic Ninja)
- Sky3DS (Using PastaCFW / Cubic Ninja)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If I understand correctly, if you're using the following CFW(s) :

- Palantine
- PBT-CFW
- PastaCFW (MSET)

You can only run 4.X firmware games. With some exceptions.

----------------------------------------

The stuff below can make you run nearly everything, with some exceptions.

- Gateway emuNAND
- PastaCFW (Cubic Ninja)
- Sky3DS (Using PastaCFW / Cubic Ninja)
I think the Gateway+Pasta combo is quite the best.
You don't have any known limitations other than no >9.2 games support in emuNAND for N3DS.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some problems with MSET, I miss some gadget and I dont have time to serach them from memory dunps for every FW. Tryed some gadgets from spider code but I think they are from spider code in memory. I'm considering to switch to spider and then back to MSET later. Probably is the best and fastest solution to avoid using CN on o3DS. Not to say that I already know how it works. I'll try a quick port this week.

That would help the users that have 2DS a lot, actually. I have been looking in to porting to spider with no avail. It is rather upsetting, honestly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/AjP7B2QFB9E?si=5qT8Ov9brYiIhoGi