Hacking [Release] Haxchi Installer 1.2 (Noob friendly)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just tried it (couldn't get the thing working last night, turns out I needed to redownload my Brain Training game as it was the old release, duh) Works a treat, thanks!
oke, i tried it, now my wiiu wont boot anymore
Unplug the machine for a few seconds then plug in and try again

Last edited by mightymuffy,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry i am just joking :) i would never run script from unknown devs
Hehe, checked the script before running myself, I'm not that much a noob (aside from the old version of DS game business), looked ok so thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and test for the fella. Works great! ;)

EDIT: OP, next time maybe don't say that this was your first time using python :lol: - not gonna build peoples confidence with a comment like that haha!

Last edited by mightymuffy,
Reactions: Quantumcat

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Are you trolling ?

Why everyone want to kill my rep ??? ! Please read the script if you don't trust me (yet...)
See, the thing is, you are an absolute noob to programming and you just joined this forum so no one will put any faith that their wii u's wont get bricked from some foolish oversight on your part.

It is much like if i figured out how to pop a pimple and then started offering brain surgery.

ppeterr

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well you must understand that it is absolutely nothing personal, and i respect that you want
to bring stuff to the scene. But it is just not the smartest thing to do for who doesnt understand
scripts like this. Thats including me, if i run this and something goes wrong.
I would not know how to fix it.

And i could not check your script before i use it, because i know shit about it :)

so, let the smart guys who understand what it is try it and check it first, before
the one's who you made it for use it.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The way people are acting in this thread is what is totally wrong with this site. Just because someone is new here is Zero indication of their ability to create homebrew how do we know that someone is not a well respected developer from another site how do we know that a new person here has not created a number of homebrew on other systems the answer is we don't yet as soon as someone comes on here we shit all over their hard work. For the record I can personally vouch for vickdu31 as they ARE WELL RESPECTED ON OTHER SITES. The way people act on here to new members it's no bloody wonder a number of well respected devs from other sites refuse to post stuff here.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Ne2buntu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
About RegionHax (RegionFree). In poll i added, one brick of rednand recensed (wrong manipulation). For the 4 sysnand brick recensed, it's just trolls. They no contacted me by PM or in the comments. Just kids who like disturb poll's results I think, else they should have wrote a comment somewhere...

Last edited by Ne2buntu,

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
The way people are acting in this thread is what is totally wrong with this site. Just because someone is new here is Zero indication of their ability to create homebrew how do we know that someone is not a well respected developer from another site how do we know that a new person here has not created a number of homebrew on other systems the answer is we don't yet as soon as someone comes on here we shit all over their hard work. For the record I can personally vouch for vickdu31 as they ARE WELL RESPECTED ON OTHER SITES. The way people act on here to new members it's no bloody wonder a number of well respected devs from other sites refuse to post stuff here.
Are you serious? He admitted to just learning python a few days ago, and he is so noob that he couldnt use google himself to figure out how to write code to replace a single line in a file.
So,something is wrong with this site because people dont want to brick their consoles and want to be careful? So we should trust any person that shows up out of nowhere and says "use this"?
Are you high?
Trusting this dudes script would be like trusting a person with no political experience to be the president of a country, and we all know that would never happen. Lol.

Last edited by DeadlyFoez,

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
About RegionHax (RegionFree). In poll i added, one brick of rednand recensed (wrong manipulation). For the 4 sysnand brick recensed, it's just trolls. They no contacted me by PM or in the comments. Just kids who like disturb poll's results I think, else they should have wrote a comment somewhere...
OK, then in next update I will add region free automation. Also I will wait for FIX94 to release a new update since he release an update everyday ^^

Now to everyone complaining, I am an IT student, I learn programing at school, Im not noob at programming and I would never publish a program that I don't 100% understand. Now I understand totally my script but then I had to also lean how all the wupclient works in order to modify it.
Now I stop answering angry comments, if you don't have knowledge to check it then don't say anything..

Edit : Python is one of the easiest language, please stop arguing with me about if I know python, I don't have so much eperience on it but I do understand everything that I do...

Last edited by vickdu31,

Xdsaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Haxchi Installer 1.0

Hello guys, I just created an account on GBAtemp but I come here almost everyday ^^

Seeing problems peoeple are having with installing Haxchi, I decided to create a script that guide you through installation and make the wupclient commands for you !

Included in the tool :
- Haxchi v1.7 by FIX94
- Modified wupclient.py
- A tool to find your Wii U IP adress (windows only).
- Support buttons config

What do you need ? :
- A Wii U 5.1.1 EUR/JAP/USA
- Any of the following games installed on USB or NAND (System) or REDNAND.
(At least one must be downloaded from legit eShop)
Dr. Kawashima : Brain Age/Brain training
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Yoshi's Island DS
WarioWare: Touched
Kirby Squeak Squad
Star Fox Command
Zelda Phantom Hourglass

How to use :
- Install Python 2.7 (made on 2.7 but should work on 3.5).
- Place wupserver fw.img on sd card root.
- Put Homebrew Launcher in SD:\wiiu\apps
- Put CFW Booter in SD:\wiiu\apps
- Boot your Wii U, go to loadiine.ovh, select homebrew launcher
- Load CFW Booter
- On PC, unzip Haxchi_Installer.zip in a folder.
- Double-click haxchi_installer_v1.0.py
- Follow instructions !

Notes :
If you have any better looking logos/animation, fel free to send it to me.
Also if you have custom logo/bootanim for loadiine or or anything else, its nice.

You can run this tool as many times as you want to change different games on the list.
The script will ask you if you want to use custom buttons config or default.
It should run on Linux and OSX.

About region free :
I might include it on the program, once its 100% safe, there have been brick already !
Edit : It is safe, will be included in next update

Source code :
Its a python script so just edit it to see. But dont play with it too much !

Credits :
smea, plutoo, yellows8, naehrwert, derrek, FIX94, dimok and me ?

Very Thx :)
Works
edited comands

Y=CPS1 2012
X=CPS2 2012
A=CPS3 2012
R= NeoGeo 2012
zR= MAME Midway

UP=FCEUmm, NES
Down= Snes9X 2010
Left=Gambatte, GB/GBC
Right=MGBA, GBA
ZL= Genesis Plus GX, Sega CD/MD/MS/GG

L= Loadiine GX2

a=wiiu/apps/fbalpha2012_cps3_libretro/fbalpha2012_cps3_libretro.elf
b=fw.img
y=wiiu/apps/fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro/fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro.elf
x=wiiu/apps/fbalpha2012_cps2_libretro/fbalpha2012_cps2_libretro.elf
up=wiiu/apps/fceumm_libretro/fceumm_libretro.elf
down=wiiu/apps/snes9x2010_libretro/snes9x2010_libretro.elf
left=wiiu/apps/gambatte_libretro/gambatte_libretro.elf
right=wiiu/apps/mgba_libretro/mgba_libretro.elf
r=wiiu/apps/fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro/fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro.elf
l=wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf
zr=wiiu/apps/mame2003_midway_libretro/mame2003_midway_libretro.elf
zl=wiiu/apps/genesis_plus_gx_libretro/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.elf
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

Reactions: gbamix

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just because you know him from other sites doesn't mean everyone else does though. It would've taken 20 seconds to add some sort of introduction with that information and then half the comments wouldn't be about his new account status.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Jeez ... it's discouraging to see ungrateful people like that. When you don't know the person or if the tool works, just wait! Now the tool was proven to work so be positive or don't comment. Thank you vickdu31!
In this specific case, I agree with you because this is such a simple tool. On a grander scale you can not say that. Just because it work for 5, 20, or even 1 thousand people does not mean that it is in fact safe. Bugs do occur and can be completely random or may not have been tested in every scenario. Look at how many times M$ has released updates that have hosed the OS. And those are software engineers writing the updates and testing them out as many ways that they can think of and then an unexpected bug happens, they aren't people that just sorta learned python 3 days ago that are writing updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.