Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tiramisu and Aroma can easily live side by side on the same SD card.

It's a small hassle to have to switch between them
Yup. This is the case with me and RetroArch. All Wii U stuff are on Aroma side and I just boot into Tiramisu when I'm feeling retro.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Now we have a way to swap between aroma and tiramisu if both environments co-exist on same SD card.

https://github.com/bigmaxine/EnvSwap

Originally it reboots from tiramisu to aroma Wii U menu and from aroma to tiramisu homebrew launcher or Wii U menu if Gamepad button B is pressed . I made some little changes to source to reboot to tiramisu Wii U menu without pressing buttons instead.

MyApocalypse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After setting up Tiramisu and having fun with it i went to create a local user for someone. Halfway through the setup when it takes me to Mii Maker HBL interferes and user creation is interrupted so what I get is a corrupted/incomplete profile. Is there a workaround?

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. I tried the latest version of Tiramisu. Everything works fine, except old Wii injected games I created using Teconmoon's injector.
I can launch the Wii game, WiiU turns into vWii mode, but then the screen remains black.
Is this a known issue? Thanks

Glomgold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If I enable autoboot and forget to insert the memory card, what will happen when I turn on the Wii U? Will it boot normally to stock environment?

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
If I enable autoboot and forget to insert the memory card, what will happen when I turn on the Wii U? Will it boot normally to stock environment?
I'm going to try that for you.
Yeah, if it's set to autoboot, but the SD card is removed, it'll boot up normally. But I'm pretty sure pirated games won't work.

Reactions: Glomgold

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try that for you.
Yeah, if it's set to autoboot, but the SD card is removed, it'll boot up normally. But I'm pretty sure pirated games won't work.
they will not. the sig patches file is on the sd card. not just pirated games, but homebrew on the home menu and vc injects won't either. I think a vc inject gives a 199-9999 error, and pirated games and homebrew might do the same or say that the account for the content is no longer on the system. either way, they won't boot.

edit: btw, there are safeguards in case the user does certain things, including not having the sd card in. I think it says that it can't find x file when booting up the system, but it won't hurt the system in any way. I corrupted the menu file twice on aroma, for example (I know this is about tiramisu, ;)), and all I had to do was delete the file off the sd card, and reboot. that was to get unique icons for folder names, such as the tetris icons, which I did succeed at doing. it will have majorly messed up folder names if you miscount the hex string or even freeze, which is what it was doing to me. nothing to worry about. :)

Last edited by nothing-to-see-here,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the answers! Never installed CFW on a Wii U before, trying to be a bit cautious.
So long as you follow the guide correctly, there's nothing that could go wrong.*

*There is always an extremely slim chance of a brick when modifying the console, but hell, there's a similar amount of risk when installing system updates. You can really only brick it if you're an idiot, or intentionally doing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?