Homebrew [RELEASE] PotatoHax - A free haxchi

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aside from gaining back the use of your ds rom
you can use the ds game if you copy the game to usb instead of leaving it on the nand. I've tested it, and mine is that way right now. :D

20210922_212240.jpg

Reactions: jeannotte

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That can brick your console. Do NOT do that.
You probably have the game on both NAND and USB, which causes the USB game to take over once the console is booted up.
yes, that's what I mean. it's on both.

edit: also, I said copy, not move, since you can do either action. you would have to do this before installing cbhc or uninstall it, make sure it's uninstalled, delete the game, download it again from the eshop, copy it to internal memory, then reinstall cbhc. indexiine is a very good option to do this quickly.

Last edited by godreborn,

romualdon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got exactly the same issue. And I noticed in step3, it showed "patched 0 entries". I guess that's the main reason.
Took some time checked the fst file and fst patch code. Seems my cosoles's fst file doesn't have a valid inject pointer.
So this should not be a general hax for all consoles. At least 3 people in this thread have the same issue.

And my console info: 5.5.5 JPN.
Can you please update tha info? so other people who wants to have a try can notice that.
Mine is a 5.5.5 USA. Probably nota compatible with all consoles, as you said. On a Brazilian game forum at least 3 more users had the same error.

Try copying the files to the sd card again, verify everything is in place and file sizes are correct
Already tried that, and sadly got the same error.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Oddly 1st time coming across this but what's differences between this and Tiramisu? Also great job it's nice knowing Wii U ain't dead and still getting love and support

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oddly 1st time coming across this but what's differences between this and Tiramisu? Also great job it's nice knowing Wii U ain't dead and still getting love and support
They work similarly, but Tiramisu is the one that's polished and up to date. Potatohax was more of a proof of concept.

If you haven't already done so, installing Tiramisu is highly recommended.

Reactions: godreborn

Toscanelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I'm currently in the process of migrating to Tiramisu and noticed that your uninstall instructions are incomplete. To fully remove the FST patch you have to uninstall Wii U Chat (= delete /code, /content and /meta folder). Then reinstall the Wii U Chat with NUSspli.

More info on how the FSTPatcher works and how to undo it: https://github.com/Rambo6Glaz/FST_patcher

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To fully remove the FST patch you have to uninstall Wii U Chat (= delete /code, /content and /meta folder). Then reinstall the Wii U Chat with NUSspli.
Beside from what @BaamAlex said there's no need to manually remove folders: NUSspli automagically deinstalls a title before installing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...