[RELEASE] [DEMO] The Great Ace Attorney - The Adventure of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Uwabami, Dec 31, 2016.

1. reymas101

reymas101 Professional GBAtemp Noob

Nov 4, 2015
    United States
    New York
    What did you do to get it to work? I keep getting a red screen and then it returns to the HBL

2. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

GBAtemp Patron
    SkittleDash is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Planeptune
    I used my sysNAND instead of my emuNAND.

Uwabami likes this.
  3. telborn

telborn Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2016
    United States
    Wow, you guys did an incredible job! Can't wait for episode 1!

Big thanks to everyone involved, you guys are heroes.

(The one typo in the demo stuck out like a sore thumb, by the way. :P)

Uwabami likes this.
  4. ThomasRobertWade

ThomasRobertWade GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2012
    Thanks for all your hard work. I look forward to trying this demo later today.

5. Uwabami
    OP

Uwabami GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    There's a typo? We went through the script like a thousand times... Where is it?

6. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    I constantaly got the error "Game CXI hash invalid" mentioned in the FAQ.
    Decrypting it deep with decrypt9 fixed it though.

Uwabami likes this.
  7. reymas101

reymas101 Professional GBAtemp Noob

Nov 4, 2015
    United States
    New York
    (I have no idea what to do) how do I switch NANDs?

8. zac122

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    I know you guys probably can't release a HANS patch, but if someone playing it was so inclined to do so for themselves would it be possible? Just asking out of curiosity more than anything.

Real excited for this. I honestly can't get enough of Ace attorney. Gonna have to wait for awhile though since I still need to finish spirit of justice =p even if this is just a short demo I never play more than one game from a series at a time. Don't know why, it just doesn't feel right.

9. Uwabami
    OP

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    For the demo it was not possible, because it was never released on a Game Card so you need to install it somehow. We will try to make it work with HANS for the main game and we hope we can get you to import the original Game to play it. Sadly, there's no way we can stop people from pirating the game, but we urge you to import it - CAPCOM knows how many copies are going to the exporters, it would show them we care about DGS and AA games in general.

10. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

GBAtemp Patron
    SkittleDash is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Planeptune
    I was wondering, once you've finished DGS, would you guys be thinking about DGS2? That's if it doesn't get a western release anyway.

11. zac122

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    Basically my importing this game is based entirely on whether or not it gets a fan translation, so as long as you guys stick with it I'll do my part ^_^(I just wish there was a good way to tell Capcom that I want gumshoe back. lol)

12. Uwabami
    OP

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    Like DGS it's very unlikely there'll ever be an official localization. We'll see after we've finished DGS...

13. pachemapache

pachemapache Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2016
    I found a little typo, its in tria01_016_jpn.gmd, page 18:
    No, no! "At first glance," it's clearly way too
    small to fit a person inside!

"At first glance,"

I don't know if you will fix it, but I thought I had to report it

Uwabami likes this.
  14. Uwabami
    OP

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    Thanks for the offer, but we already have our own DGS Specific tool and dialogue editing is smooth now. Our problem is mainly with the GUI, we did hack a few things and it "kinda" works, but it could be better. We need someone who can help us reverse the file format completely. This and other minor problems probably require analysis of the code.bin...

15. IcySon55

IcySon55 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2008
    Canada
    Your response came a bit later than I expected so I already wrote an early GMD plugin that can currently display the entries and I think save works too. You guys are welcome to ignore it or better yet! complete it~ Hah.

I'm guessing you're talking about some GUI specific files and not the GMDs in regards to problems with the GUI? I wouldn't mind taking a look. My goal and the goal of FTI is to make game translation easier across the board so I'm open to helping out wherever I can.

Drop me a link (PM if required) to where I can chat with you guys. :)

16. Uwabami
    OP

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    Yes, we got GMDs covered. Our members did tons of research on control codes and how to handle them and we also got other people helping us figure out the format. We made a very specialized editor with accurate preview, flow-chart, syntax check, etc. I can PM you on the specifics of our GUI problems...

17. telborn

telborn Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2016
    United States
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Uwabami likes this.
  18. cassiopeeya

cassiopeeya Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2016
    United States
    I just got the special edition of Dai Gyakuten Saiban for Christmas and have been dying to play it with this! I currently don't have CFW but I hope with the further development of fasthax I will soon be able too. Also, yes I too hope you guys will be able to make this work with Hans that would be amazing!!

Teolicht505 and Uwabami like this.
  19. Feroz El Mejor

Feroz El Mejor GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2014
    Spain
    Villa Raíz (Hoenn)
    Yeah, we need Hans support for this game! @smealum please, help us!

20. luyairis

luyairis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    California
    One of our coders has stated that the recent update on HANS should theoretically be already compatible with our patch.

jk Uwabami is a god and we have something that does exactly what's listed below.
    We might also look into modifying the patcher that was used in our FE Division for DGS rom patching. (The patcher can generate both .3DS and .cia roms, provided an original rom, xorpads, and some other things).

Stay tuned!

Last edited by luyairis, Jan 2, 2017
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted