[RELEASE] [DEMO] The Great Ace Attorney - The Adventure of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Uwabami, Dec 31, 2016.

?

Did you enjoy our New Year's surprise?

1. Yes

93.4%
  2. No

6.6%
  1. Uwabami
    OP

Uwabami GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Happy New Year, fellow Ace Attorney fans!

We'd like to kick off the new year by releasing a taste of what's to come with the translated Demo of The Great Ace Attorney - The Adventure of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou. We're sorry we couldn't finish Episode 1 in time for New Year's, but please enjoy this until it's ready. Let us know what you think.

This free fan-translation uses the dialogue font of Dual Destinies, so you will need to own a version of it in order to play our patch. Team If would like to remind you that we DO NOT condone piracy - so please, please don't share a completed CIA with other people. We know the patcher is not very user-friendly yet, at the time of the release it was less then one day old. It will be much better in time for our Episode 1 release.

Fellow fan-translators: we would absolutely love to see The Great Ace Attorney translated into many, many more languages, so fans all around the world can enjoy it. We're working on a program to take in "representatives" of other groups to work closely with our translators, so you can get all the nuances right in your native language. We're currently not sure when we can start with this program, because it shouldn't interfere with our releases of the English Episodes, so please be patient and don't just steal our work.

Regarding voice-acting: we're not sure what we're going to do here, to be honest. We may offer an alternative patch with voice-acting in the future, but no promises yet. We'll see.

It's no secret among Ace Attorney fans that our decision not to localize character names and re-locating the story to the US is controversial. We hope you will understand our decision (which was unanimous among our translators), after you've played Episode 1. We still tried to keep the typical "Ace Attorney feel" and we do try to localize jokes and references so they work in English, but the nature of the Game - in our humble opinion - makes white-washing the main cast impossible. Yes, we're aware of a completed translation script that does exactly that. As a team, we disagree with the direction it went, we believe the "liberties" it took to fit the Game into previous localisations were way to drastic, even for Ace Attorney standards. The resulting change of atmosphere and even character's personalities were simply too much for us to accept. You can form your own opinion on this matter by playing our take on the translation before condemning it.

Remember - we're fans, too!

-- Team If - DGS Division

Most of you probably already know this, but you can install CFW on all 3DS firmwares up to 11.3 now: https://3ds.guide/ - if you updated to 11.4 (without A9LH), there's currently no way for you to play this patch!

Install instructions - PLEASE READ THEM

Last, but not least: we are still looking for a skilled reverse engineer (knowledge of ARM ASM and the 3DS in particular would be great) to help us figure out some of the remaining mysteries of the game. Other helping hands for inserting and proof-reading text can apply as well, but please note that we do not take testers.

FAQs - PLEASE CHECK HERE FIRST BEFORE POSTING

Our friends of LJT asked for permission to translate our DEMO to (European) Spanish and just finished with a little help from us:
    http://aceattorneyspain.foro.bz/t913-traduccion-the-great-ace-attorney#16701

PS: Yes, "People", not "Profiles"...
    PPS: Yes, "Post Mortem" - it's not a complete autopsy and the Japanese word was different, too...

Mods: I asked @Chary for permission to post the patch itself. It doesn't contain a single byte of copyrighted code. Only delta patches...

Attached Files:

Last edited by Uwabami, Apr 23, 2017

2. I_AM_L_FORCE

I_AM_L_FORCE Unban me from Discord

Feb 19, 2015
    London
  3. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    Called it! I knew it was a demo or something. xD

4. KJ1

KJ1 Old Member

Nov 2, 2014
    India
    Thanks!

5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Personally, I'll be doing what I did for Ace Attorney Investigations 2, which is to wait for the full thing to be completed before playing it, but congrats on getting a playable demo out and good luck with the rest of the translation!

SolidMario7, Jiehfeng and VinLark like this.
  6. Feroz El Mejor

Feroz El Mejor GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2014
    Villa Raíz (Hoenn)
    Nice, but I find the process to use the demo very complicated, I'm going to wait to a friend who is going to help me later. Good job everyone!

7. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    I almost forgot to ask. How is one supposed to download the demo legally if it's Jpn exclusive?

8. Uwabami
    OP

Uwabami GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    You can if you own a Japanese 3DS.

9. I_AM_L_FORCE

I_AM_L_FORCE Unban me from Discord

Feb 19, 2015
    London
    Just use a bit of intuition

10. KanterZ

KanterZ YouTuber, Modder. I also do SOFTMOD Services

Oct 9, 2015
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YEAHHHHHHHHH

Uwabami likes this.
  11. Enryx25

Enryx25 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    Is it possible with a CIA? (I dont have the demo BUT I have the full japanese game)

12. mister_gamer

mister_gamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    Good work!! I really enjoyed the demo, now my hype is over 9000!!!! :bow::P

darklord1013 and Uwabami like this.
  13. KanterZ

Oct 9, 2015
    I got it working! Thanks, really! I really appreciate it!
    Screenshot of the icon
    Title Screen

14. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    I can't find the demo. I can't even find it's Title ID. What a sad day for me. 3x

15. Magianegra

Magianegra Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2016
    you're not the only one :(

16. Feroz El Mejor

Feroz El Mejor GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2014
    Villa Raíz (Hoenn)
    OMG!!! It was amazing! I really loved how are the graphics translated and everything, now I'm even more hyped to play the game!

Thank you very much for your hard work!

Uwabami likes this.
  17. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    You can find the demo on FreeShop but you're going to have to find it yourself since FreeShop got a DMCA takedown.

18. KanterZ

Oct 9, 2015
    Good thing I had FreeShop already and got the demo with it then to rebuild the CIA and installed it.

19. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    So do I. And I already have Dual Destinies. So I'm all set to play! Finally! ^_^

Uwabami likes this.
  20. KanterZ

Oct 9, 2015
    Nice!

Although, I won't be playing it immediately as of now (I already installed the cia anyway.) since it's 30mins away before New Years' in my timezone. GMT+8:00

Oh hey. Happy New Year everyone!

Uwabami likes this.