Pendulo Studios apologise for state of Tintin game ahead of launch

F-Uo0FUXoAAql28.jpg

On the day of the games launch, the studio behind Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh, Pendulo Studios; have issued an apology via their Twitter which states that those who decide to play their game on launch day "won't be able to enjoy the experience [...]".

They go on to state that the game is their most ambitious title yet and they are committed to fixing the situation via a string of "necessary" patches. The team have also suggested that users report any issues via their official channels.

Pendulo Studios said:
Hello everyone,

We want to share important information about our current release, Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh.

Despite our best efforts, those who play the game at launch won't be able to enjoy the experience as we intended it to be.

We are committed to fixing this situation in a promptly manner: we will deliver the necessary patches in the coming weeks while keeping all our channels at your disposal for any issue you want to report to us directly.

This is our most ambitious project ever, and we're putting our heart into it. We are devoted to paying the best tribute to the famous reporter and delighting you as a player, and we won't stop until we reach our goal.

Thank you for your support and patience.

This is the latest in a string of releases in what seems to be becoming an industry standard practice where unfinished games are being released with post launch support being required to pick up the slack.

Have you personally experienced any disappointment in regard to any recent games releasing in an unpolished state?

:arrow: Source

Chocoburger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember, never buy any software or hardware based on promises. The devs that made Gollum promised to fix it, but did it ever get fixed? (Even if it did get "fixed" it'd still be a piece of crap.) The devs that promised Knights of the Old Republic II DLC on Switch, never added it, and just issued another apology. BioWare promised a roadmap of improvements for Anthem, how'd that turn out?

Maybe this game will get better with patches, but then again, maybe it won't. Don't believe in companies promises, only believe in what we have in the here and now.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Companies need to stop doing this, it’s a terrible trend. Either delay the game or release a broken piece of crap and patch it later. Don’t apologise, I can’t play an apology, tell me when it’s ready and then I’ll play it. I’ve eaten many-a-dinners, but I’ve never been called to the table when the food was still raw.
[Gordon Ramsey shaking violently]

Reactions: Foxi4

MrQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What truly disturbs me about this is they actually pressed and mastered a game to blu-ray knowing it was broken :lol: ...like wtf.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A terrible TV show. I can't stand tintin
HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR TINTIN'S LEGACY AND IT'S AWESOME OPENING TRACK

I don't know the studio making it so I guess it's in the small size, but honestly I scared myself thinking « of course it's a small studio apologizing before the release, a bigger would have waited »
I just hate the fact that it's the norm, so much so that pretty much nobody can escape it. Guess they really wanted to release it for christmas or something

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Remember, never buy any software
Better advice. Software/games are rarely worth buying these days and often filled with empty promises. My favorite example was Nintendo’s empty non-apology for Pokémon S/V. Games that still haven’t gotten a single update to fix majority of issues and even got paid DLC that made the issues worse. People really need to just start pirating games because it’s obvious most games aren’t going to get better.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not entirely sure why they chose to make a game out of the second worst TinTin adventure behind Lake of the Sharks. Flight 714 to Sydney or The Seven Crystal Balls would have made for a much better game in my opinion.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

On the day of the games launch, the studio behind Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh, Pendulo Studios; have issued an apology via their Twitter which states that those who decide to play their game on launch day "won't be able to enjoy the experience [...]".

They go on to state that the game is their most ambitious title yet and they are committed to fixing the situation via a string of "necessary" patches. The team have also suggested that users report any issues via their official channels.

This is the latest in a string of releases in what seems to be becoming an industry standard practice where unfinished games are being released with post launch support being required to pick up the slack.

Have you personally experienced any disappointment in regard to any recent games releasing in an unpolished state?

:arrow: Source

my time at sandrock released like dog crap on consoles which threw me off.. and nickelodean all star brawl 2 frame drop issues with loading times...now knowing this makes me question what in the living hell is going on?? this is from two actual indie devloper.. i just am confused

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum