Release date for 'Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh' revealed

tintin game.jpg

Intrepid journalist Tintin will be back in another adventure, this time in video game format. Developer Pendulo Studios and co-producers Tintinimaginatio and Microids have revealed that the game will launch in a few month's time.

In the game Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh, the famous reporter and his faithful companion Snowy are going to experience some extraordinary adventures…After meeting Professor Sarcophagus whilst cruising the Mediterranean Sea, the famous reporter sets out in search of the tomb of the Pharaoh Kih-Oskh. What are the dark secrets hidden in the tomb? From Egypt to India, passing through Arabia, Tintin & Snowy will end up investigating a gigantic drug trafficking network throughout the East.

With all the facets of the Tintin universe and a story full of twists and turns that are part of Hergé's great creative legacy, Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh immerses the player in the heart of a mysterious Egypt and other lands of infinite beauty.

Combining all the best elements of adventure and investigation games, Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh invites the player to dress up as an investigator/reporter: search, infiltrate to find clues and solve enigmas with the help of investigation dialogues enriched with video sequences, infiltration phases or even plane or car chases. Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh offers a unique and innovative gameplay to allow everyone to live the adventure like a real reporter!

Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh will launch on November 7 on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC. The Nintendo Switch version will be available in 2024.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this will be a point & click adventure type game? Suits the narrative quite well. Looking forward to it.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remember when they released a tie-in game for the movie? Seems to have been completely delisted everywhere.

Strangely, I can't even seem to find it at https://delistedgames.com/ . But it seems it was pretty much what one would expect for a licensed movie tie-in.

Probably a better bet than the old Infogrames titles, which look nice but are apparently absolute rubbish.

Reactions: Desconocido90

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is Snowy the same as Milou? Why do Americans need to change the name of a character?

Is there any sane reason?

I'm french and I understand changing character names for better localization, we french people did it a lot with foreign movies and TV shows for better of for worse...

I can't stand tintin. It was on TV only every Friday and unless you watched every episode you had no idea what was going on.

Yeah well, it's not some stupid shit like transformers or whatever, it actually respects the intellect of children...

Last edited by Idaho,
Reactions: breadone and _Snow_

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is Snowy the same as Milou? Why do Americans need to change the name of a character?

Is there any sane reason?
Had nothing to to with Americans. Milou was named after Herge's girlfriend Marie-Louise Van Cutsem. By the time the British publisher of TinTin translated the first book into English in 1958 Herge had split from her and asked them to rename him to Snowy in all English translations of the books.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Had nothing to to with Americans. Milou was named after Herge's girlfriend Marie-Louise Van Cutsem. By the time the British publisher of TinTin translated the first book into English in 1958 Herge had split from her and asked them to rename him to Snowy in all English translations of the books.
Now THAT is an answer!

Funny the page on Wikipedia about Milou doesn't mention that reason for the name change.

It's one of those things...

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now THAT is an answer!

Funny the page on Wikipedia about Milou doesn't mention that reason for the name change.

It's one of those things...
I have always been a huge fan of TinTin and about a year ago a few miles from where I live a museum there had a TinTin exhibition and I learnt that fact and loads more I didn't know already.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
learn something new every day

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

_Snow_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Absolutely loved these books as a kid. Fond memories of long school bus rides where I was happily entertained by Tintin. Some day I'll collect all the comic books. This reminds me. As I'm becoming a grumpy old bastard, I should use "Blistering Barnacles!" in my list of daily curses. As for the game, it looks good and I hope it's done well and is fun. Look forward to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto