'Tintin Reporter – Cigars of the Pharaoh' gets new gameplay trailer

tintin.png

Launching next month is Tintin Reporter – Cigars of the Pharaoh. To anticipate its release, a new gameplay trailer was aired for the game today:

In the game Tintin Reporter – Cigars of the Pharaoh, the famous reporter and his faithful companion Snowy are going to experience some extraordinary adventures…After meeting Professor Sarcophagus whilst cruising the Mediterranean Sea, the famous reporter sets out in search of the tomb of the Pharaoh Kih-Oskh. What are the dark secrets hidden in the tomb? From Egypt to India, passing through Arabia, Tintin & Snowy will end up investigating a gigantic drug trafficking network throughout the East.

With all the facets of the Tintin universe and a story full of twists and turns that are part of Hergé’s great creative legacy, Tintin Reporter – Cigars of the Pharaoh immerses the player in the heart of a mysterious Egypt and other lands of infinite beauty.

Combining all the best elements of adventure and investigation games, Tintin Reporter – Cigars of the Pharaoh invites the player to dress up as an investigator/reporter: search, infiltrate to find clues and solve enigmas with the help of investigation dialogues enriched with video sequences, infiltration phases or even plane or car chases. Tintin Reporter – Cigars of the Pharaoh offers a unique and innovative gameplay to allow everyone to live the adventure like a real reporter!

Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh will be available on November 7 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X and PC (Steam, EGS, GOG). The Nintendo Switch version will be available in 2024.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm so looking forward to skipping this game entirely, but I wish everyone who grew up with Tintin the time of their lives.

Desconocido90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do I have to play the game in order to understand why there is a connection between Pharaohs (last one reigned until around 340 BC) and Cigars (were invented in the 17th century) or does the existing Tintin lore already provide a logical explanation for that?

Don't take the title literally. It's not a historic thing.

Yes, you have to play it (or read the comicbook it's based on) to understand it.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't take the title literally. It's not a historic thing.

Yes, you have to play it (or read the comicbook it's based on) to understand it.
I saw my mistake already. Makes way more sense with the drug trafficing setting that I totally should have known about had I just read the article from start to finish.

andersoncardoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh well, I did watch the show for years here in my country, played Playstation 1 game a bunch in my childhood don't feel like I'm gonna play again lol

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Launching next month is Tintin Reporter – Cigars of the Pharaoh. To anticipate its release, a new gameplay trailer was aired for the game today:

Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh will be available on November 7 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X and PC (Steam, EGS, GOG). The Nintendo Switch version will be available in 2024.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

As a puzzle games lover will be waiting with excitement

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ubisoft should be making a Tintin game with their UbiArt engine - so it looks like hand drawn comic. Just look at 'Valiant Hearts: The Great War' - such a great game.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Like so many other games released these days, I often find myself asking why this is needed.

This is a videogame adaptation of something that already has a quite loved animated adaptation.

Like, while is nice to see Tintin doing actual reporter stuff, is literally a rehash of the comic and cartoon.

Spring_Spring

Not Exactly Spotless
Trophies
Website
spring-enterprises.neocities.org
XP
Country
Denmark
This is a videogame adaptation of something that already has a quite loved animated adaptation.

Like, while is nice to see Tintin doing actual reporter stuff, is literally a rehash of the comic and cartoon.
That's the funny thing, you know.

Would anyone who doesn't know the story really be interested in this game in the first place? But if you already know the story, what does the game really have to offer otherwise?

Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's the funny thing, you know.

Would anyone who doesn't know the story really be interested in this game in the first place? But if you already know the story, what does the game really have to offer otherwise?

Yeah, they basically added some original stuff for the CGI movie, why not for a videogame?

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4