Release date for 'Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh' revealed

tintin game.jpg

Intrepid journalist Tintin will be back in another adventure, this time in video game format. Developer Pendulo Studios and co-producers Tintinimaginatio and Microids have revealed that the game will launch in a few month's time.

In the game Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh, the famous reporter and his faithful companion Snowy are going to experience some extraordinary adventures…After meeting Professor Sarcophagus whilst cruising the Mediterranean Sea, the famous reporter sets out in search of the tomb of the Pharaoh Kih-Oskh. What are the dark secrets hidden in the tomb? From Egypt to India, passing through Arabia, Tintin & Snowy will end up investigating a gigantic drug trafficking network throughout the East.

With all the facets of the Tintin universe and a story full of twists and turns that are part of Hergé's great creative legacy, Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh immerses the player in the heart of a mysterious Egypt and other lands of infinite beauty.

Combining all the best elements of adventure and investigation games, Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh invites the player to dress up as an investigator/reporter: search, infiltrate to find clues and solve enigmas with the help of investigation dialogues enriched with video sequences, infiltration phases or even plane or car chases. Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh offers a unique and innovative gameplay to allow everyone to live the adventure like a real reporter!

Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh will launch on November 7 on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC. The Nintendo Switch version will be available in 2024.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is Snowy the same as Milou? Why do Americans need to change the name of a character?

Is there any sane reason?
The original name of tintin itself does sound too foreign for me. I think they localised the names like Capcom style to make the characters name more universal.

The funny thing is of course, when I talk to my Dutch friends about tintin, it took me a while before they realize what I am talking about

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is Snowy the same as Milou? Why do Americans need to change the name of a character?

Then you'll love the German translation. They renamed Tintin to.... Tim.
Just. Tim.

In Japanese he also has a different name: Tantan. But that's because the most straightforward way to spell Tintin in Japanese would be chinchin, which is a childish way to refer to male genitalia.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Surely the same reason captain Harlock became captain Albator in french, consonance.
Post automatically merged:

I just can't picture a kid sitting there thinking "Oh good, time to watch Tintin. I'm glad it respects my intellect, unlike that stupid shit cartoon Transformers"

Lol, I got three at home :)
Raising kids takes good peer to peer sources.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As if Switzerland doesn't have a mental health issue? Congrats. You've won the "Dumb Ass Hypocrite of the Day Award" and I've only been awake for 30 minutes.

To be fair, all West countries seem to experience this kind of issue.
And from what I witnessed, heard and met, East and South are not better than us.

In fact, mental health issues seem global, only with funny local specificities.
Coming daily to GBATEMP and enjoying these forums, I am surely deranged to some extent as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto