Dark fantasy strategy game 'Gord' gets new gameplay trailer and release window

gord.png

Poland-based developer Covenant.dev's debut title, the dark fantasy strategy game Gord, has received a new gameplay trailer today. It provides a glimpse of the game's universe as well as its mechanics:

Created by a team that includes former Frostpunk and The Witcher 3 developers, Gord will see players command the Tribe of the Dawn and embrace the ethical complexity of leadership as they shepherd their community and protect them from invaders and monstrous beasts. They will need to oversee their citizens’ hunger, disease, and trauma, nurture their faith and train them for battle, while also expanding their settlements – the titular ‘gords’ – and embarking on a variety of life-threatening quests.

Key features of Gord include:
  • Mature Dark Fantasy Adventure: Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn and venture deep into forbidden lands in a lore-rich, dark fantasy strategy campaign
  • Build to Survive, Conquer to Prevail: Grow your gord from humble settlement to formidable fortress while protecting your citizens from invading tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk within the surrounding woods
  • Unique Sanity System: Keep a close eye on your townsfolk as everything from illness to hunger and the death of kin can have devastating impact on their lives and well-being
  • Hand-Crafted Quests: Take on a wide variety of quests and random encounters that will lead you deep into the wilderness to hunt legendary creatures, uncover ancient secrets, and vanquish deadly scourges
  • Powerful Incantations: Unlock a variety of offensive and defensive spells to tip combat in your favour, each with custom animations and potentially gruesome results
  • Custom Scenarios mode with Procedurally Generated Levels: Take on an endless variety of challenges by creating your own scenarios. Customize your playthrough by picking a main objective, choosing your starting party, level size, number of resources, enemy types, raid intensities, and even the severity of the weather!
Gord will launch this summer on PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC (Steam).

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Reactions: Mama Looigi

RJmiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it will be something really worthwhile. So far, all I can say is that it looks impressive.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I've been passionate about gaming for a long time, with a particular interest in MMORPG and poker. As an avid gamer, I enjoy exploring different platforms and sharing my experiences. That's why I write reviews for this website, where players find comprehensive information about the best game platforms. The game is not just a hobby. It's a passion, it's life!

Last edited by RJmiles,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs